What Games Are You Playing?

I know. It's terrible. But i find it really hard to concentrate. And I really should seeing as I got all D's for my mock,mock, GCSEs =S

Lol news headline: TEENS BLAME VIDEOGAMES FOR POOR GRADES

Good thing the laser just died on my ps2. Now i can revise -_- maybe.

As someone who has already taken GCSE's i suppose i should encourage you to revise, but i'm not sure if i revised a single bit for my GCSE's, my brain would always fall to sleep and my eyes would begin to blur if i tried it, so it didn't really do anything anyway

No offence but GCSEs and A-Levels are a mockery. I seriously suggest studying for them though. Many feel that the exam system has been seriously devalued thus even fairly high grades hold little weight nowadays so it's in your best interest to do well. You can watch all the anime and play all the games you like after you've taken your exams. That's my little 'parent' speech for the day.

The Judge said:
No offence but GCSEs and A-Levels are a mockery.
Thus said the Daily Mail, in the book of bullsh*t chapter 29.

Seriously, the newspapers come along with four national examples of kids with "4 straight AS As" (General Studies: LOL) who didn't get into any Unis and claim the system is screwed. The system is not screwed. Good grades are rewarded. Mid Grades can get you places. Bad Grades give as much back as you put into them. Revise!

Unless you're one of those people who can seemingly get top grades with zero revision (I have a friend like that). In that case, you're a Genius.

And I'm coming to kill you. :twisted:

Basically, at the end of the day it's up to the individual whether they revise or not- just don't start whining if playing video games and watching anime costs you a grade or two when you had the chance to do things differently.

The Judge, I suspect it's easy for you to say that because GCSE's and A-Levels are behind you and now seem in the past and unimportant. They're in the past for me as well, and obviously seem quite distant compared to finals, but even so if I hadn't got the grades that I did back then, I wouldn't even be here right now.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, just put it down to the stress of revision.

I never really particularly cared about my A/AS levels, just did the minimal amount of work possible , and managed to just about pass without revising. I didn't really have any desire to go to univercity , it was more a case of family pressure that they were important so I had to do them. Unfortunately that made me put less effort in as I never wanted to be there.

I sucked at exams, but thankfully the coursework and revision (however minimum) I did beforehand saved me from sucking more. I managed to clear most of my GCSEs with a C grade as a result. I'd be lying if I didn't mention the fact I played a few games in between exams though (Final Fantasy VII may well be one of the best stress relievers ever).

Mangaminx said:
I never really particularly cared about my A/AS levels, just did the minimal amount of work possible , and managed to just about pass without revising. I didn't really have any desire to go to univercity , it was more a case of family pressure that they were important so I had to do them. Unfortunately that made me put less effort in as I never wanted to be there.
Exactly, it's difficult to do anything when you frankly don't give a damn about being there in the first place. GCSE's are pretty much something you have to do though and really the starting block for all other qualifications. I think one of the reasons i didn't revise (apart from my lazyness) is that i knew i could probably get away with it having always done pretty well in prior things and not having revised. In the end the only thing that let me down was my 'D' in French which was a subject i sucked at so much i was amazed i even got a 'D', otherwise i got a pretty even amount of 'A's 'B's ands 'C's

Red XIII said:
The Judge, I suspect it's easy for you to say that because GCSE's and A-Levels are behind you and now seem in the past and unimportant. They're in the past for me as well, and obviously seem quite distant compared to finals, but even so if I hadn't got the grades that I did back then, I wouldn't even be here right now.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, just put it down to the stress of revision.

I actually didn't take the A-Levels that long ago. I did well as did all my friends and peers. They were simply too easy in my honest opinion. I am not a genius by any means nor are a lot of people I know and yet we all did damn well. I just don't feel that they hold as much value because of this. Obviously I wouldn't be where I am without them but that still doesn't add to their relative value to my own standards simply because of that. All national exams are important in some respect or another but in my own eyes they have been devalued. And I'm sorry but what has happened to the curriculum? Some of the subjects on offer are an absolute joke.

But well I guess we're all kinda going a bit off topic :wink:. The game I am now playing is called 'would you rather' with my friend. Basically you give somebody two choices and they HAVE to choose one.

Would you rather never love or never be loved?
Would you rather have your right hand cut off or never have sex again?
Would you rather be caught taking drugs or having sex by your parents?
Would you rather be blind or deaf?

They don't necessarily have to be dark questions and do not have to be so controversial (i.e the last one perhaps) but they can provoke interesting debates if they are. There are some damn good questions you can ask. Try it :D

I always used to play that game with my friend in Art, the more extreme the choices the funnier, we also did one involving who you would prefer to kiss, sleep with etc (sometimes describing elaborate situation) using the most horrid choices we could think of e.g Tony Blair or George Bush. Or the who would you save game, usually using Harry Potter characters e.g. Sirius or Lupin (the question that taxed us the most)

I liked the first three Jak games, but I have to say the idea of a pure racing game doesn't really appeal as I know I'll be useless at it (although amazingly enough I managed to get through all the racing missions in the earlier games).

I couldn't do the driving bits in Jak 3 , am just to bad at any kind of vidio game driving. Havent played anything for a while , but today I may well play "Kill Royal Mail for being so useless at delivering anything on time" :p

Mangaminx said:
today I may well play "Kill Royal Mail for being so useless at delivering anything on time" :p

I rally hate Royal Mail, they're always losing stuff I win on Ebay. I then have to wait ages to get a refund from the person I won the item from. :evil:

Back