What Games Are You Playing?

Well I decided to clean the disc since there were some dust plus it's been a year since I had last played the game, I'll try again later today to see if it'll work. If not then I may have to restart the game from scratch as it might be a bug with the save file (just checked and I've apparently only played 7 hours on the game).

NormanicGrav said:
Well I decided to clean the disc since there were some dust plus it's been a year since I had last played the game, I'll try again later today to see if it'll work. If not then I may have to restart the game from scratch as it might be a bug with the save file (just checked and I've apparently only played 7 hours on the game).
Might also be worth deleting the game install data and reinstalling.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Might also be worth deleting the game install data and reinstalling.
That's another good plan. I think I'll do what I did with No More Heroes - start from scratch. But I'll try your method and see what happens. :thumb:

Rena Ryuugu said:
Congrats on the platinum for No more Heroes Grav :D

That's an annoying bug for SRIV :(

Indeed, apparently this bug is very common and someone on YouTube has contacted the devs via technical support and they're aware of the problem. I'm guessing there will be a patch in the future (if it happens). I deleted my save and it still didn't fix the issue but I'm not fussed about it.

UPDATE: Checked the forum and this glitch seemed to have started around a couple weeks ago, boy was this timing unlucky for me.

NormanicGrav said:
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PlayStation 3)
Operation No More Platinum is complete.

Score Attack mode was ridiculously easy since the better weapons were available. Got 15 million points before I even tried the bonus bosses.

Congrats on the platinum, how easy would you say getting the platinum is? Got the game in my backlog, tempted to start it soon.

DragonBlaze67 said:
NormanicGrav said:

Score Attack mode was ridiculously easy since the better weapons were available. Got 15 million points before I even tried the bonus bosses.

Congrats on the platinum, how easy would you say getting the platinum is? Got the game in my backlog, tempted to start it soon.

I would say the difficulty is 5/10. The game does have a bit of a difficulty spike (I was playing on Mild/Normal mode at first) during Rank 8-6's zones but once you keep upgrading your weapons to max as well as strength it'll get much easier as you go along. Bitter/Hard mode is slightly challenging due to the enemies with guns but it's beatable thanks to New Game+. Just make sure you have a guide for card collecting, they're missable in a way (but they should re-appear for New Game+).

I recommend you sort out your playthrough like this:
#1 - Mild/Normal mode ~ Card collecting Part 1, Side-quests if possible but does transfer to NG+, Upgrade all Weapons and Strength, Collect Orbs
#2 - Bitter/Hard mode ~ Card collecting Part 2, Play for fun basically
#3 - Very Sweet/Easy mode ~ S ranks and witness characters with alternate costumes
#4 - Score Attack mode (available after beating the game, it acts like an Arcade fighting game funny enough)

Rena Ryuugu said:
ilmaestro said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Over the the last 3 days, I have got the platinum trophies for Fallout 4, Saints Row 4 Re-elected and Goat simulator.
Grav's Platinum progress looks tame by comparison! :p What was the hardest thing about the Fallout 4 platinum?

The Benevolent Leader trophy, had a settlement at 99% happiness which refused to go up. I decided to go to Diamond City to buy more supplies and the trophy unlocked while I was there lol)
Nice! :lol:

Decided to platinum Tekken 6 next, which has been in my backlog since 2012 lol

I already had the online trophies, and I got all the arcade related ones yesterday, and made a start on the scenario mode. I'm currently at 19/50 trophies so far.

What better way to rage about Saints Row IV not working by playing...

tumblr_mhj4q1UA5x1qhdh79o2_400.gif

Asura's Wrath.

And guess what, I played the episode I had previously left out and I ended up getting 9 trophies. :lol:

NormanicGrav said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
NormanicGrav said:

I would say the difficulty is 5/10. The game does have a bit of a difficulty spike (I was playing on Mild/Normal mode at first) during Rank 8-6's zones but once you keep upgrading your weapons to max as well as strength it'll get much easier as you go along. Bitter/Hard mode is slightly challenging due to the enemies with guns but it's beatable thanks to New Game+. Just make sure you have a guide for card collecting, they're missable in a way (but they should re-appear for New Game+).

#1 - Mild/Normal mode ~ Card collecting Part 1, Side-quests if possible but does transfer to NG+, Upgrade all Weapons and Strength, Collect Orbs
#3 - Very Sweet/Easy mode ~ S ranks and witness characters with alternate costumes
#4 - Score Attack mode (available after beating the game, it acts like an Arcade fighting game funny enough)

Cheers for the tips, might start it tonight once I finish getting the platinum on Wolfenstein Old Blood. Man the challenge maps have been a pain on it, definitely live upto the name of being a challenge to get Gold on all of them. Some have taken hours to get Gold and that's even after watching guides for them. Just got one left then I'll have the platinum :)

DragonBlaze67 said:
NormanicGrav said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

Cheers for the tips, might start it tonight once I finish getting the platinum on Wolfenstein Old Blood. Man the challenge maps have been a pain on it, definitely live upto the name of being a challenge to get Gold on all of them. Some have taken hours to get Gold and that's even after watching guides for them. Just got one left then I'll have the platinum :)

Good luck with Wolfenstein, New Order will certainly be one of the first PS4 games I'll play when I get the console next year (can't be the first as I already have Final Fantasy Type-0, haha).

I've decided to proceed with the Platinum goal for Asura's Wrath. I've already beaten the game on Normal with all S ranks (just got the Normal S rank trophy right now). Now I just need to proceed through the game on Easy twice - one with Mortal Gauge and another with Blind Gauge. It's been a while since I've played the game so enjoyment is still high. Once I've sorted those two gauges I'll unlock the best one in the game which will help out with S ranks for Hard mode.

NormanicGrav said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

Good luck with Wolfenstein, New Order will certainly be one of the first PS4 games I'll play when I get the console next year (can't be the first as I already have Final Fantasy Type-0, haha).

I've decided to proceed with the Platinum goal for Asura's Wrath. I've already beaten the game on Normal with all S ranks (just got the Normal S rank trophy right now). Now I just need to proceed through the game on Easy twice - one with Mortal Gauge and another with Blind Gauge. It's been a while since I've played the game so enjoyment is still high. Once I've sorted those two gauges I'll unlock the best one in the game which will help out with S ranks for Hard mode.

I definitely recommend Wolfenstein New Order & Old Blood, I wasn't expecting much when i started New Order but found it to be really good. Got the platinum for it twice, once on PS4 and then a few months later on PS3. Old Blood is a stand alone prequel to New Order, while not as good as New Order it's worth playing if you liked New Order. Weirdly the platinum for Old Blood is harder than New Order just because of the challenge maps :lol:

Asura's Wrath is another game in my backlog i have yet to play, bought it around a year or two ago thinking it would be my type of game but never got round to playing it. Still got quite a few in my PS3 backlog , maybe at least 15-20 :lol:

DragonBlaze67 said:
I definitely recommend Wolfenstein New Order & Old Blood, I wasn't expecting much when i started New Order but found it to be really good. Got the platinum for it twice, once on PS4 and then a few months later on PS3. Old Blood is a stand alone prequel to New Order, while not as good as New Order it's worth playing if you liked New Order. Weirdly the platinum for Old Blood is harder than New Order just because of the challenge maps :lol:

Asura's Wrath is another game in my backlog i have yet to play, bought it around a year or two ago thinking it would be my type of game but never got round to playing it. Still got quite a few in my PS3 backlog , maybe at least 15-20 :lol:

I'm trying to be careful with my backlog. Out of the 101 retail disc games I own for Xbox 360 about 20% of them were left incomplete, oops. But with my PS3 collection I'm trying to finish the games before picking up more (unless certain titles were going OOP in which case I'll buy the game and put it on-hold i.e. Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 & Victory ~ thanks Neptunia Collection!). Not including the spin-off/sequel games in my HD collections I have Neptunia Mk2, Neptunia Victory, Tales of Symphonia and one or two Japanese Imports left to finish the story. The rest are either 100% complete or finished story-wise.

Asura's Wrath is pretty easy in general but there are some painful moments like one of the episodes where it's just a boss fight but you need a good amount of battle points in order to get an S rank overall (thankfully you can have 1 A (of 3) and still get the S rank).

Asura's Wrath (PlayStation 3)
Operation Asura Platinum Wrath is a go!

I thought that I had beaten the campaign when I left off, but it turns out that I didn't (probably because I wanted to S rank the remaining two episodes first) so I finished it and then suddenly I ended up with 9-10 trophies in an instant. I guess I should finish it off heh. I soon finished off the remaining episodes with S ranks, effectively giving me the trophy for 'All Episodes on Normal with S ranks'.

Anywho in order to beat the episodes on Hard with S ranks I need a specific gauge but in order to do that I have to unlock it by using other existing gauges - Mortal and Blind Gauge, across all episodes. So I picked Mortal as that's basically the hardest since it increases the damage you take up a lot, thankfully you can do it on any difficulty so Easy mode it is (and yes I've failed countless times LOL).

I've beaten Parts 1 & 2 of the story so far with Part 3 left to go. Then I'll jump straight into Blind Gauge across all episodes. These two should take me a day or so.

In other news, with regards to the Saints Row IV PS3 situation. It's apparent that playing the game offline has given folks no issues as of yet. There is 1 Online trophy and I've already gotten that (upload character to the internet). I deleted my save data so I'll be starting from scratch but it saves me from doing that one missable trophy since I already got it (it's one of those if you select this choice you get this 'Bad End' for LOLs, it's quite funny actually). The game in general should take me about 30+ hours but we'll see. If I can beat Asura's Wrath before the weekend is over I might try this method out, and if it works I hope I can sort it before Christmas is around.

Finished getting the Gold medal on the last challenge map on Wolfenstein Old Blood earlier this evening. With that i finally got the platinum for the game :D

Checked how long it took to complete the game and it was around 10 and a half hours, it was awhile ago when i finished the story which i think took me around 5-6 hours which means the challenge map trophies took around 4 hours to do. Man they were a pain, youtube guides were a lifesaver.

Plan to start No More Heroes at the weekend.

Exist Archive. OK, I'm not playing it yet because it's currently downloading, but I'm assured that it's at least interesting, and I'm a huge mark for tri-Ace.

Asura's Wrath (PlayStation 3)
Operation Asura Platinum Wrath is getting there.

Last night I took care of most of the last remaining episodes for Mortal and this morning I played the last two episodes (which are pretty much the exact same) twice each for each gauge I had to use (Mortal and Blind Gauge) so that way I get the Mortal trophy sorted and don't have to put up with doing those episodes again for Blind Gauge. Of course I have to play them again on Hard for S ranks, oh boy.

Anywho Mortal gauge is sorted and I have my gold trophy. I also got all but 1 episode sorted today for Blind Gauge as I feel like keeping the Trophy streak going (i.e. earn 1+ trophy per day) on TrueTrophies. The episode I have left to sort out is 17. While I had the time I also decided to save myself some hell by going through some of the levels on Hard to try and get the S ranks. I have successfully sorted out numbers 2, 3, 9, 15 & 17. These lot I went through first as they're either ~ quite tedious to S rank due to Battle Points or were rather long.

Tomorrow I should be able to finish off the rest of the game and get the Platinum (assuming it unlocks without the need of DLC as certain PS3 games require every single trophy including DLC).

Meanwhile with Saints Row IV - To fix the freeze issue you have to delete the Game data, disable the internet connection on the PS3 and play the game offline. It's revealed that the cause of the glitch has something to do with the online. This is great news for many users, just note that there is 1 online trophy for uploading your custom character online. It's not entirely confirmed if the DLC (including Gat out of Hell) will work with this method.

Back