What Games Are You Playing?

Hey fabric, did you play the first two games? I'm finding this one a bit pedestrian. The focus is more on figuring out the problems your orphan kids have more than Yakuza based storylines.

I'm up to Chapter 3 so far. Fighting system is great as usual, and the graphics are surprisingly good.

Yeah, I love the first two games. Yakuza 3 does start slowly--some of the orphanage stuff is deeply tedious--but rest assured it picks up soon. Much arsekickery awaits.

A shame about the missing content, particularly the hostess clubs, but it's an immense game despite that.

Yeah, apparently there's a lot more missing content than Sega initially told us about. There's quite a few missing side quests throughout the first 6 chapters - 15 if I remember correctly.

I hope there is only one "money is missing from my wallet" tasks, boy that was tedious!

Downloaded Final Fantasy for the ipod touch. I fancied some classic pointy hat, plinky plonk music, number crunching action for on the way to work. Seems pretty good so far, the touch controls quite suit RPG's and the difficulty seems quite high as I was dead within minutes. Only ever managed to play through FFVII though so we'll see how far I manage to get in this.....

I'm also back on MW2 as my connection has been fixed. :(

Playing Resident Evil (GC) on Mountain Climbing difficulty with Chris Redfield, I'm really too good for this game. Can't wait until I get my costumes.

Playing Perfect Dark xbla and Splinter Cell Conviction Demo. The former is exactly how I remember and the latter is a fun new take on SC =D Also getting SoulSilver in a few days. I was finally swayed when I heard it had all the classic legendary birds as well as 3 sets of starters and Mewtwo X3

still playing ffxiii mainly on 360 with mw2 randomly thrown in some times -normaly play mw2 when i got home late for work, ~good for releaving stree~- =)

ps3...not much finished heavy rain tho going to do it again to try n get different endings, tho going to get god of war today when go to work

psp nothing much still need to start half min hero

ds hmm miles edgeworth mainly im on chapter 4 of them

wii - nothing really just random stuff when bored tho i do want fragile mind that came out today -im hoping we got it in at work otherwise ill have to try n find it online-

Just picked up Bayonetta for 360 in HMV. For some reason they've dropped it to £20 in a sale, but I'm not complaining. It's that price on PS3 too.

Will play over the weekend if I get tired of Yakuza 3...

Matthew said:
Just picked up Bayonetta for 360 in HMV. For some reason they've dropped it to £20 in a sale, but I'm not complaining. It's that price on PS3 too.

Will play over the weekend if I get tired of Yakuza 3...

I can't get into games like Bayonetta. So called "spectacle fighters" I like action games which come close like Wolverine (the most recent one) and Force Unleashed, but I just don't dig the whole JUGGLE COMBOMOCBOC<CMOCBONCOMBOCOMBOCOMBO style and the subsequent "LOL you are ****" grading system :p

That said, if I was into them, I think Bayonetta would be my spectacle of choice. I enjoyed the demo more than the Devil May Cry one/s

I thought I'd give Bayonetta a chance. I really don't like the GoW games, but Bayonetta got very good reviews. I chose the 360 version as the PS3 version wa s aport and isn't meant to be great.

Once I've played it a bit I'll let you know what it's like.

At last! There! t is done! I'm putting this bad-ass game on the shelf for now until I get my other awaiting games to be completed.
I'm talking about Bayonetta, which is a great game to play, but I completed the last chapter at 10:00pm... I didn't get through the epologue and all the credits, extra etc until 11:30pm! It is not meant to take so long to polish things up! XD

So now that's one saga completed, I need to focus on Valkyria Chronicles, and then probably FFXIII. Almost finished with VC I believe...

Jayme said:
You like American games over Japanese ones, then?

Was that directed at me? (I don't mean that in an accusatory way just clarifying =P)

Not especially. It's true I do have a lot of American games, also European and British, but I enjoy my share of Japanese games too. Love MGS and Resi, in fact I enjoy a lot of Capcom games, even though I'm fairly useless at most =P I also like a lot of Nintendo games, though I only have a DS and Gamecube (and N64) now.

I just don't like the spectacle fighter genre. Bayonetta just happened to seem more fun, though I prefer Dante's characterisation.

edit: Oh actually I did quite like God Hand but it got hard fast =P...don't read too much into that.

Yeah, it was aimed at you. I tend to forget to use quotes or am too lazy to specify. I only mentioned it because most Japanese games tend to grade you in some way, hittin' you up with combos etc though you like DMC and dislike Bayonetta? Fair enough.

Jayme said:
Yeah, it was aimed at you. I tend to forget to use quotes or am too lazy to specify. I only mentioned it because most Japanese games tend to grade you in some way, hittin' you up with combos etc though you like DMC and dislike Bayonetta? Fair enough.

^ No the other way round =P but I prefer the characters in DMC.

Yeah, but not all of them d... oh wait haha I totally forgot Resi and MGS grade you lol.

Yeah but those are overall scores not level by level, but the grading isn't the real issue it's more if I enjoy the game and I don't enjoy spectacle fighters cos they have sooooooo many combos and I don't want to have to remmeber 50 thousand combos but at the same time I don't want to use the same over and over.

I think Viewtiful Joe was a good balance, I love that game, even though I did get called Cr*ppy a lot =P

Uncharted. So far the gameplay has been pretty dull. The climbing sections are pretty polished but the gunfights could have used some work, especially the cover system. I find that half the time the guy just moves away from a wall and stands up when I want him to keep crouching whilst moving behind, which has lead to a lot of frustration. The game also just sends wave after wave of guys at you and it's annoying having to sit in the same spot for 10 minutes at a time, so there's little variation in gunfights. Like I said the climbing is fine, and keeps you on your toes by adding in ledges that crumble. I'm in it for the story, which has been pretty good so far.

Back