What do you want from your Animeuknews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of a music sub-forum, but I think it would be better if the OST section+j music+music were just as one sub-forum called "General Music".

There is no need for a music forum, at all. And certainly no need for a music sub-forum dealing with J-music. Just add "music" to the end of the "Movies & TV" forum. It would be much better if the forums were uncluttered. IMO, there is no need for half of the forums we have on here. The forum games sub-forum is perhaps the most egregiously pointless forum I've ever seen.

I have to agree with a lot of people here, why have so many different music sub-forums? Even the OST section is basically pointless in my opinion. I think they should be merged into a general section because so far, the forum is a mess with all these extra add-on that would be used a little and in due time, won't be used at all.

The two seperate music forums should be merged I feel; and maybe even merged with Movies + TV.
Anime OST is quite a good idea, but I can't see too much discussion going on in there.

CitizenGeek said:
The forum games sub-forum is perhaps the most egregiously pointless forum I've ever seen.
Then why do you post in the "What are you listening to Now thread."?
Which has now been moved to the Music forum which you'd also like to get rid of. I can understand you putting a view forward, but not when you use that forum yourself.

Move the Character Battles to the bottom (or just get rid of them). I'm having to scroll past them every time, and they're irrelevant now.

Also what Maltos said about the music forums.

I personally could do without the screencap forum too.

Maltos said:
Then why do you post in the "What are you listening to Now thread."?
Which has now been moved to the Music forum which you'd also like to get rid of. I can understand you putting a view forward, but not when you use that forum yourself.

I do not use that forum, I use that single thread. A single, useful and fun thread that could and should exist in Random Chit-Chat or a "Movies/TV/Music" forum.

The anime OST forum is superfluous in the extreme.

CitizenGeek said:
I do not use that forum, I use that single thread. A single, useful and fun thread that could and should exist in Random Chit-Chat or a "Movies/TV/Music" forum.

Well you've made my point there. You find it fun. Other people find the other threads in that forum fun. The counting thread has lots of conversation in it.

I just can't see why it's such a bother.

1. The "Anime Reccomendations" and "General Anime" sub-forums should be amalgamated. There is no discernible difference between the two.

2. "Streaming AMVs, trailers and clips" and "Image & Screen-Cap Show-off Board" should go. The Creative Arena forum is already suitable enough for what little activity those forums get.

3. Character Battles sub-fora should be be moved to the very bottom of the forum index.

4. Re-name the gaming forum. "Gamer's Paradise" sounds stupid.

5. Merge all music threads into one "Moves/TV/Music/etc. (books, comics, whatever) forum. The Anime OST discussions can take place in the "General Anime" forum.

6. Get rid of "Ever enduring forum games" once and for all! Reasonable forum games (of which there are few) can take place in the "Random" forum.

7. Move the Introductions forum into the "AnimeUKNews" sub-category and move this sub-category to the very top of the index.

8. I'm pretty sure there's no need for the Conventions, Events and Websites forum, either. Any discussions of events could happen in the News forum.

That's what I'd do!

Maltos said:
Well you've made my point there. You find it fun. Other people find the other threads in that forum fun. The counting thread has lots of conversation in it.

I just can't see why it's such a bother.

I just went through the most recent 10 pages of that thread and there was no discussion whatsoever. It's just abused by members with too much time on their hands to amass undeservedly high post counts. It's juvenile and undermines any kind of sophistication AUKN might have. The entire forum is a cesspit of idiocy. It has to go.

CitizenGeek said:
I just went through the most recent 10 pages of that thread and there was no discussion whatsoever.

Well to be fair the new chatroom has taken away the need for chat in that thread. But previously it did thrive on conversation.

To be honest, I dislike the introduction section. It's basically a place for people to go, introduce themselves, and leave to never be seen again. Most of them join to try and advertise something and don't even post. The threads in there are just spammed even after the people have left with random comments or "Welcome!"s. If people were really bothered, you could just have one thread in random chit-chat as a sticky- "Introduce yourself!".

Another thing: the Nakama Britannica portal is a good idea, but it should deal singularly with anime-centred blogs. Otherwise it's just pointless to have it on AUKN.

CitizenGeek said:
Another thing: the Nakama Britannica portal is a good idea, but it should deal singularly with anime-centred blogs. Otherwise it's just pointless to have it on AUKN.

I disagree with this. Most anime fans share the same kind of interests- Anime, manga, japan, gaming, music, art. I think the journal/diary type ones where people just blog about their thoughts and stuff are sometimes interesting, but not necessarily needed.

Sorry to just rehash another post, but I want to second everything CG said...apart from #6, which I really don't have any issue with.

Ryo Chan said:
just cause some members don't use it doesn't mean others don't
Fair enough, but it's hard to apply that to something like the Screencap forum, which has threads on page 1 that haven't been posted in since 2007. :eek:

I also broadly agree with CG's points. Consolidating the forum would not only make it look tidier, but seem busier, because the sub-forums that remain would see more activity. As it stands I ignore half of the sub-forums, possibly missing a few interesting posts, simply because I can't be bothered to view them.

In my case, I just click on "posts since you last logged in" anyway, so I don't even notice what different sub-forums there are.

For Nakama Britannica, I don't use it, but don't see why it should be limited to anime-only blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back