What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have met a few people in my life who admit to liking Divergence Eve, but I couldn't stand it myself either.

I've bought something I didn't really like before just for completion. It's not a great habit to pick up :D

R

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (Region B blu-ray) *
Yu Yu Hakusho - Season Four - Classic (Region A blu-ray)

* Transformers was the HMV exclusive - this time the disc case transforms into Megatron.

A rather confusing letter from the Tax Man for the year 2005-2006 (No, seriously.)

This probably shouldn't be that confusing as i'm doing accounting but maybe i'm just being dense today...From the wording of it it looks like I've over paid tax by £132...

sean morrison said:
Hopefully that is the case then and you'll get a rebate.

It actually was! I got my cheque today! :D

...then I got some bills and such totaling £380 and everything got put back into perspective. But i'm pretty glad i've got some extra money to pay it off!

MercenaryRaiden said:
sean morrison said:

...then I got some bills and such totaling £380 and everything got put back into perspective. But i'm pretty glad i've got some extra money to pay it off!

bills suck man

MercenaryRaiden said:
sean morrison said:

Very nice!

I got a similar letter a few months ago. Well, actually, I got two. Read the super exciting one first "you overpaid by £450 in 2003/2004" or something, and then read "you underpaid by £400 in 2004/2005" afterwards, so had to temper my excitement somewhat. Still, the £50 quid or so I got back was nice.

K-On! volume 1 (manga)

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but a couple of first impressions:
1) Dayum it's short! Considering this cost more than the average manga volume...still, it's a 4-koma, so I can live...right?
2) Colour pages!
3) So the anime is rated a "PG", yet the manga is for "Older Teens"...

Still, wish it was about £2-3 cheaper...but it's K-On!, I can live.

More Xmas orders.
Also some bits I bought off a forum member elsewhere:

Ergo Proxy collection for £10, good condition overall.
I also got Tsukihime thrown in as a freebie as no one else had shown interest unfortunately the royal mail managed to smash the case reasonably well and I'm not convinced it'll play as Disc1 especially is pretty badly scratched.

I don't think this is quite what the meme 'There IS no Tsukihime anime' meant :p :D

Talesof4.jpg

With Tales of the Abyss (and Mario Kart 7) arriving today, it seemed a little relevant to put them all together for a family photo. Yes, there's a few missing. But after walking around town and not finding a SINGLE COPY, it's a small revelation that I managed to get one online.

"There is no Tsukihime Anime" is one of the first anime related memes I heard years ago:

http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Tsukihime
A typical example.
An occasional protest against the inability of the Tsukihime anime adaption to satisfactorily recreate the entire game in 12 episodes. Commonly cited reasons in the anime are missing or "watered down" fight scenes, character redesigns (most notably the Akiha DVD cover), and explanation being left out of the last scene. This denial of the anime's existence was almost guaranteed to kick up a shitstorm at any given day as other fans, particularly fans of Arcueid - whose route was featured in the anime - come to its defense. At least it isn't yet another power level discussion. However, the official manga follows the anime's plot (Arcueid's route) and it is more loved by /a/ as they see the story setup could be ideally worked into a much better Tsukihime anime

...I'm pretty sure the discs arriving destroyed and possibly unplayable is not the origin of this meme :D

Received the following today,

Aquarion Complete Collection from Anime-on-Line (haven't opened the parcel yet but it's the only one due from them).

I also got a couple of cheques - one from my brother and one from my dad which I banked this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back