What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayase said:
Notification (via online tracking) that a package I was expecting was signed for today by somebody called "Davis". And that's not my immediate neighbour, I asked him about it. So who the f*ck has my parcel, the funeral parlour next door?

Citylink have failed even harder than HDNL here, handing my parcel to this "Davis" character without so much as a note to even tell me where they are. At least when my parcels are in a depot I know where they are. When do we get a decent heavy-duty pneumatic post system? Machines are so much more efficient than people.

Managed to get it yet? Did you discover who this "Davis" was?

I did. It all worked out okay in the end, though CityLink still screwed up because the house they delivered it to was an empty house; the landlord just happened to be there at the time (they live about ten houses up the street). It was mainly the fact that I had no idea of *where* it was that bothered me. Given the odd situation (that someone had taken delivery of a parcel at an empty house where they didn't live) had Mr & Mrs Davis been the sort, they could easily have nicked off with my parcel.

Anyway, to make an on-topic post while I'm at it, Witchblade on BD. I know there have been quality problems with Funi's BDs, but it was a choice between £18 from Amazon US for HD or £38 from Amazon UK for SD. Hmm.

ayase said:
Anyway, to make an on-topic post while I'm at it, Witchblade on BD. I know there have been quality problems with Funi's BDs, but it was a choice between £18 from Amazon US for HD or £38 from Amazon UK for SD. Hmm.
Just looked it up since for that price I wouldn't have minded upgrading, and the general consensus is that it's another bad upscale. Probably better than the R2 DVDs though (which you could have got from Base.com for £18, but that hardly matters now).

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Just looked it up since for that price I wouldn't have minded upgrading, and the general consensus is that it's another bad upscale. Probably better than the R2 DVDs though (which you could have got from Base.com for £18, but that hardly matters now).
Watched the first four eps last night and while it was certainly better than DVD quality, it wasn't great. It's also worth bearing in mind it is Region A locked (not sure if you have the ability to play those yet), not that you're interested any more by the looks of things.

Well, since my order's been put back, I decided to get some manga instead:
Negima - vol. 27
Black God - vol 10
And so the usual postman, who saw me jogging/exercising today, handed me the goods. He also said, "If I looked like that after a jog, I would consider quitting." XD It's only my 1st run for absolutely ages, gimme some credit!

Would carry on reading Fruba, but Ryo's missing a volume, hence the buy.

i recived to day kingdom hearts birth of sleep special edition for the psp.

Nice set shame the outer box isn't like the crisis core and Dissidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back