What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My metal Chaplain and apothecary - had to clean paint off the apothecary but can't complain, base coated lastnight and really looking forward to painting them up properly.

New trainers. They're cheap K-Swiss trainers, but I have high hopes for these since my previous pair of Adidas trainers didn't even last a year and cost me £40.

Okami-San And Her Seven Companions Complete Collection (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
EF - A Tale Of Melodies Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Take London by THE Herbaliser (2 CD)

Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)

Images will be in the photo thread once I've done the catching up after not having the internet for a week.

3 dockets from Royal Mail, all saying I owe them customs charges.

i have suspicions that it's three parcels from the same order, which will have cost me an extra £16 in fees than if the seller would've posted them together!The real kick in the teeth is that the import tax on 2 of the items is £3.05, meaning they both were declared at only about 20p more than the fee threshold of £15...

Since I've been in London I've had no luck with these fees at all.

FourthLion said:
3 dockets from Royal Mail, all saying I owe them customs charges.

i have suspicions that it's three parcels from the same order, which will have cost me an extra £16 in fees than if the seller would've posted them together!The real kick in the teeth is that the import tax on 2 of the items is £3.05, meaning they both were declared at only about 20p more than the fee threshold of £15...

Since I've been in London I've had no luck with these fees at all.

I feel your pain. I had to pay import charges earlier in the year and it worked out that the parcel was around 50p over the £15 limit.

Where did you buy the items from? If it was an amazon trader they usually send items individually even if you order them together (each item would have their own shipping charge after all).

mangaman74 said:
Where did you buy the items from? If it was an amazon trader they usually send items individually even if you order them together (each item would have their own shipping charge after all).

Bought on ebay so I expected them to be shipped together, since they were invoiced together.

mangaman74 said:
y you keep buying sutff that way? Cause you just cant get it elsewhere? The world doesnt end because of that

The world doesn't end if I can't get something, nor does it end if I have to pay an extra few £s. I'm sure I'm entitled to a good moan either way. I'm British after all.
I can afford it, it's just annoying when it comes up to £16+ more than I expected, especially when I know some people get away without paying at all!

As I said elsewhere on here somewhere my partner is actually American, so I'm trying to have the willpower to have things sent to her family home and have to suffer the wait of going to get the. Don't think her mother would appreciate a huge rightstuf shipment sat around the house though...

Perhaps her mother could set up a roaring trade reshipping things for us all ;)

The randomness of customs charges is always annoying. I ordered something this morning and whether it will be hit or not will be down to whether they include postage in the total on the declaration or not (some people do, some don't). It's a hassle. And the claims process for when you are charged incorrectly is time consuming too.

Amusingly it's still advantageous to import everything myself since the parcels which make it through without a charge for no reason more than compensate for the times I'm rightfully made to pay.

R

2 days ago:

Razorback
Tactical Squad.

Despite being at home on monday the postman thought it would be best to leave my order with the neighbours..... thoughtful though this may be it was a wrong move to make on a day that i was clearly in (i'd say a car parked outside is a general check that someone is home)

Now to worry, i still haven't even built a single marine from that box yet, just finished a box of fire warriors who haven't been base coated yet so: all things in moderation.

Just received Shugo Chara volume 3 and Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny boxset in the post. Still need to wait for Shugo Chara volume 2 to come in the post.

Dennou coil part 2 and usagi drop just arrived via devoted dvd, with the added bonus of no customs charges due to the value of the package being set at $16.

not exactly received today, but since i got home i thought i may as well add it here. My new Laptop was sitting waiting for me when i got in, tis fantastic that i know have something that actually works once again. Now i can actually watch things at home again without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back