What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Good to know about toysandfilms on eBay, will check them out likewise for those titles not released in UK - thanks for the info everyone. Finally gave up and imported these much wanted ones from Amazon previously.
View attachment 28746
The Liz and the bluebird soundtrack I got from otaku.co.uk but note that it's half price on dubstoreuk, a toptip from @weebsplat for importing music CDs - thanks dude!
NP ✌
I got plenty of late era Funi and recently Crunchy BDs from them at a decent price.

The only downside of toysandfilms is that they follow CruchyAUS release schedule, meaning you have wouldn't get shows like Aoashi, Date a Live IV or My Senpai is Annoying two to three months after their US counterpart is released, then again considering how decently affordable they are compared to Otaku.co.uk and UP1 is a decent price to pay.

These days, I only use UP1/Otaku.co.uk for Funi Essentials, Discotek and Sentai titles, I also buy UK BD releases from the former.

I received two more Standard Edition titles from Rightstuf today. I already have the AL Ultimate Edition for Giovanni's Island, so I got this basic one just to have a Region A copy:

DEEMO Memorial Keys
Giovanni's Island

deemogiovanni.jpg

Received ID Invaded from the zavvi sale, did order the Arifureta S1 Limited Edition too but it arrived without the limited edition contents so zavvi are refunding for it.
View attachment 28763
I had the same thing happen with the Arifureta S1 Limited Edition and got standard edition, just about to send them messages too get a refund.
On a plus side my package actually came well packaged (with actual packaging and in a box) from zavvi

Shockingly an Italian Import through Ebay - Fire Force The Art of Atsushi Ohkubo
DD4CC819-57E5-4BDB-A90B-A89CD6FDB53E.jpeg

A roughly 78 page book the size of a Viz Signature edition that collects clean volume covers for the entire series including volumes yet to be released in English and basically every officially published piece of coloured art Ohkubo drew for the series, discounting stuff he posted online and the crossover piece with Fairy Tail artist Hiro Mashima. Not his best collection (a lot of repetition in images and the smaller size doesn't help) but some really nice work and he's an artist I've followed for most of my time in the anime space. So it be nice to have a complete set of his stuff and there's no chance Kodansha release something like this in the English territories. Not that there's any point. The only words in the book are 'Cover Gallery' and 'Illustrazioni Varie'. So it was a nice thing to find for 16 euros. Which was mostly postage!

1679430709861.jpeg
1162B5D0-5B90-4FFA-BFEF-0938EAC45D02.jpeg75201F63-4379-403B-877D-F3BDF3B3F955.jpeg489519E6-A001-4CE2-86A6-8B721D8CA444.jpeg299E66E4-3CA4-4C5C-9131-6875ED3A4FAF.jpeg

4F8BAF84-FFA7-4108-AE08-016AAA2CA5AC.jpegSupergirl Woman of Tomorrow by Tom King and Bilquis Evely - I've been going through a lot of Superman comics lately so it felt like a good time to get the acclaimed Supergirl series from 2021. The problem a lot of people have been having is that Warner Brothers revealed this was being adapted into a movie and foolishly didn't reprint it. So I just got lucky finding it on Blackwells for a good price. Looking forward to giving it a shot. Tom King is a writer I'm not fond off but Supergirl seems so removed from his normal stomping ground.

Also Grendel Behold the Devil. Grendel is an indie comic and fond off and I’m glad to own this. 613D37AE-BA6C-4A8D-AD3E-1461452DB7BB.jpeg

Cheap Bofuri LE from Zavvi. Kinda silly how much bigger the box for the extras is...

8SyZTzt.jpg

Also arrived the other day, from Fangamer:

mGYayfm.jpg
For the most part that filler box is just for the decorative mat thing (card playing mat?), which unforunatley will be foldder to fit in the box and becasue of that take a while for it to flatten out. I rolled mine up once I got mine a while back, but even it still has some vague signs of the folds.
I never tried much else though, like maybe ironing on a low ish setting (maybe with a cloth buffer) or something

EDIT: on a side note be very carfully when removing the filler box from BOFURI artbox the glue is super strong

Last edited:
ID INVADED limited edition arrived... without the limited edition assets itself.

IMG_20230328_180828.jpg
oh it happened for ID invaded as well, Zavvi are thebest-est at that thing they try and do.

Yeah same happened for me and DragonBlaze67 for Arifureta S1 Limited Edition, but you should be able to get refund (even if it does take a few attempts, like in my case to get them to realise its a limited edition and just because it matches some random stock pics that they put up does not make a LE/CE, had to tell them to look hard and go to description and what is included), hopefully you get a usefull rep when you try for you refund, so you don't have to do lots of back and fourth (thats maybe where i went wrong nad just sent message rather than live chat).
Best of luck with Zavvi support.

I am starting to wonder how many of those older LE are actually LE/CE from Zavvi. Wiseman grandchild might be another as I thought that was out of print although it was a stock price of £30, maybe Plunderer (although I suspect that just still in stock as it probably still won't have the standee included).

oh it happened for ID invaded as well, Zavvi are thebest-est at that thing they try and do.

Yeah same happened for me and DragonBlaze67 for Arifureta S1 Limited Edition, but you should be able to get refund (even if it does take a few attempts, like in my case to get them to realise its a limited edition and just because it matches some random stock pics that they put up does not make a LE/CE, had to tell them to look hard and go to description and what is included), hopefully you get a usefull rep when you try for you refund, so you don't have to do lots of back and fourth (thats maybe where i went wrong nad just sent message rather than live chat).
Best of luck with Zavvi support.

I am starting to wonder how many of those older LE are actually LE/CE from Zavvi. Wiseman grandchild might be another as I thought that was out of print although it was a stock price of £30, maybe Plunderer (although I suspect that just still in stock as it probably still won't have the standee included).
I've requested a return because their support isn't clear enough on whether they actually have stock of the complete package, just generic vague statements. I do have Red Carpet so at least I won't lose money on postage for buying the item.

It ******* sucks though, because nobody should have to put up with incomplete products. At least going forward that I can avoid Zavvi for LEs etc because of this.

Back