What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow by Tom King and Bilquis Evely - I've been going through a lot of Superman comics lately so it felt like a good time to get the acclaimed Supergirl series from 2021. The problem a lot of people have been having is that Warner Brothers revealed this was being adapted into a movie and foolishly didn't reprint it. So I just got lucky finding it on Blackwells for a good price. Looking forward to giving it a shot. Tom King is a writer I'm not fond off but Supergirl seems so removed from his normal stomping ground.
I'll look forward to your thoughts on it!

A bit concerned for my order of Cautious Hero LE from Zavvi if they're sending out standard copies, this Zavvi sale has been a mess with my Dr. Stone LE being cancelled and now this.

A bit concerned for my order of Cautious Hero LE from Zavvi if they're sending out standard copies, this Zavvi sale has been a mess with my Dr. Stone LE being cancelled and now this.
The problem is that the item itself isn't even the standard edition because it's a combo pack (as the standard edition had its format split up), which makes the situation even worse.

oh it happened for ID invaded as well, Zavvi are thebest-est at that thing they try and do.

Yeah same happened for me and DragonBlaze67 for Arifureta S1 Limited Edition, but you should be able to get refund (even if it does take a few attempts, like in my case to get them to realise its a limited edition and just because it matches some random stock pics that they put up does not make a LE/CE, had to tell them to look hard and go to description and what is included), hopefully you get a usefull rep when you try for you refund, so you don't have to do lots of back and fourth (thats maybe where i went wrong nad just sent message rather than live chat).
Best of luck with Zavvi support.

I am starting to wonder how many of those older LE are actually LE/CE from Zavvi. Wiseman grandchild might be another as I thought that was out of print although it was a stock price of £30, maybe Plunderer (although I suspect that just still in stock as it probably still won't have the standee included).
This happened to me a month ago with Arifureta S1 LE as well so it seems like they never fixed it. I had to fight tooth and nail for them to accept a return to their US warehouse instead of paying for shipping to the UK (and relying on them to pay me back). Their replacement (that they assured me would be the correct item) was also missing the LE items (again).so they gave up on their end as well and just gave me a full refund.

Would love to meet the idiot working for the Aus branch who thought it was a good idea to put the age rating sticker on the slipcover instead of the outer shrinkwrap. 🤬
I would love to as well but to my knowledge they have stopped putting the age rating stickers on the slipcovers and instead started putting them on the shrink wrap so if you get one with them still on its more than likely older stock that still had it on. I have gotten a couple new ones that don't have it on the slipcover.

I swore never again with Zavvi after the last time.
Ugh, Zavvi. I feel like by even speaking their name i'm inviting disaster, like summoning a demon or something. Worst customer service I've ever encountered. As someone who collects steelbooks for beloved movies i'm glad they don't often do exclusives that tempt me. I remember getting a damaged steelbook from them in the past and the customer service guy couldn't understand why I didn't take his offer of a few quid off it in order to keep it. Trying to drum it into his head that it's supposed to be a collector's piece and I'm a collector therefore I want it in perfect condition....I'd have been better off trying to get a dog to understand quantum physics.

I try to avoid them wherever possible however after about 2 years of not buying anything from them I recently picked up the Back to the future steelbooks and have the upcoming Leon one on pre-order, thankfully the BTTF ones had no issues. Fingers crossed for Leon.

I swore never again with Zavvi after the last time.

I really dread anytime I have to order something exclusive from Zavvi. Amazingly the 3 or 4 anime steelbooks I've ordered from them did all make the trip overseas to the US without any damage, but I've had other collector sets arrive damaged badly. Only good thing about them is their cheap international shipping charge.

A few things from the past few days.

Traded in a few more bits at CeX and got the games with credit, NMH is a re-buy but the rest are new for me (and just beat RE3).

Finally got Dr. Stone LE and fortunately nothing was wrong with my Cautious Hero LE from Zavvi. I also wasn't aware it included the Drama CD's which is pretty sweet, only other set I know of which includes them is Full Metal Panic S4 CE.

20230330_130235.jpg

2023 HAUL VER 3.6

Two more packages arrived last Monday and one arrived today. Had today off work hence the earlier than usual post.

G5UeZ8Yh.jpg
5Cd4Hwlh.jpg

Starting off with a relatively rare Nintendo Switch game with MUSYNX, a music rhythm game published by PM Studios in North America. I heard the PS4 version had issues and that physical release was handled by Limited Run Games so I went for the Switch version which Play-Asia had some copies remaining.

WwH5Fwvh.jpg

Next on the same day we have Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike, which is a release from back in 2012 by old Manga Entertainment. It's the Funimation disc re-packaged but SAHO had a copy and with its slipcase so I went for it before it started to get harder to find.

ai7HqXTh.jpg

ZIUdXLFh.jpg
obiUFrHh.jpg
KsNPOJth.jpg

Moving onto today we have a Rightstuf package that contained two new Crunchyroll limited edition releases which were both pre-orders. ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 and Mieruko-chan, both will work on UK Blu-ray players (the latter is Region 1/4 for DVD). What's also interesting about ARIFURETA is that Crunchyroll have tweaked the subtitle setup so that it can be used for both audio tracks but only the English dub can turn it off (so it's essentially half locked, half not).

You can view more photos & specs for ARIFURETA Season 2 and Mieruko-chan on my blog.

Back