What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I still need to pickup Magia Record 2 - I already have the first part and really enjoyed it, even though it was quite different from the main series.

I also want to get Darwin's Game and Vivy Flourite Eye's Song, too.

I really enjoyed part 1 of Magia Record as well, & I'm looking forward to watching part 2 this weekend.

I really want to get Darwin's Game & Irregular at Magic High School Visitor Arc. Hoping to Pick them both up in the next couple of months.

I received my brushmarker box a few days ago, and also have completed Lego Hedwig, I'm sure I assembled correctly according to the instructions but the wings don't flap however I am not really fussed I am just so happy I could make another Lego model for the first time since childhood and am so grateful to my bestie for his thoughtful choice of gift :) The brushmarkers have lovely colours and I am looking forward to making more art with them :) I also finally got Inside Mari Volume 9 (sorry for the lack of a photo I am planning to post in the monthly manga haul thread soon) so it is released now for anyone who was wondering with all the delays there have been, however I did get mine from Blackwells having preordered from Amazon months ago and suspecting they might not end up supplying me with a copy in the end (the silver lining of this is that my Blackwells order arrived before Amazon got round to dispatching so I could cancel my order with them - I'd rather support Blackwells anyway) :)

Attachments

• Lego Hedwig Owl Harry Potter Front.jpg
    Lego Hedwig Owl Harry Potter Front.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Lego Hedwig Owl Harry Potter Side.jpg
    Lego Hedwig Owl Harry Potter Side.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Karin Brushmarker Pro Box 72 Colours Including Neons + 3 Colourless Blender Pens.jpg
    Karin Brushmarker Pro Box 72 Colours Including Neons + 3 Colourless Blender Pens.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
I received my brushmarker box a few days ago, and also have completed Lego Hedwig, I'm sure I assembled correctly according to the instructions but the wings don't flap however I am not really fussed I am just so happy I could make another Lego model for the first time since childhood and am so grateful to my bestie for his thoughtful choice of gift :) The brushmarkers have lovely colours and I am looking forward to making more art with them :) I also finally got Inside Mari Volume 9 (sorry for the lack of a photo I am planning to post in the monthly manga haul thread soon) so it is released now for anyone who was wondering with all the delays there have been, however I did get mine from Blackwells having preordered from Amazon months ago and suspecting they might not end up supplying me with a copy in the end (the silver lining of this is that my Blackwells order arrived before Amazon got round to dispatching so I could cancel my order with them - I'd rather support Blackwells anyway) :)
I'll start by saying I use Blackwells all the time BUT they really don't need supporting over Amazon as they're owned by the same investment firm that owns Waterstones & Barnes & Noble (and AC Milan 🤷‍♂️) they are very much not 'the little guy' they make out 😉

I'll start by saying I use Blackwells all the time BUT they really don't need supporting over Amazon as they're owned by the same investment firm that owns Waterstones & Barnes & Noble (and AC Milan 🤷‍♂️) they are very much not 'the little guy' they make out 😉

Thanks for letting me know - I didn't think they were a small business it's more that the sheer amount of power and money in Amazon concerns me, if that makes sense? (Jeff Bezos is the world's richest or second richest person?) It's complicated - I don't really want to support Amazon but if I had to choose I'd support them over a "smaller" company that was purposely promoting far-right anti-social equality stuff (like Papa Johns pizza where the guy who owns it is really homophobic and donates to groups that oppose LGBTQUIA equality and rights). I guess I'm just trying to live by my principles, ultimately, but sometimes it is hard to know which is the less evil option... cue that .gif of the thinky face emoji considering a problem from all angles, literally 😅🤔

Thanks for letting me know - I didn't think they were a small business it's more that the sheer amount of power and money in Amazon concerns me, if that makes sense? (Jeff Bezos is the world's richest or second richest person?) It's complicated - I don't really want to support Amazon but if I had to choose I'd support them over a "smaller" company that was purposely promoting far-right anti-social equality stuff (like Papa Johns pizza where the guy who owns it is really homophobic and donates to groups that oppose LGBTQUIA equality and rights). I guess I'm just trying to live by my principles, ultimately, but sometimes it is hard to know which is the less evil option... cue that .gif of the thinky face emoji considering a problem from all angles, literally 😅🤔
Totally agree, it's a crazy world we live in where everything is politicised but I'd much rather support business' that aren't pro hate and or evil corporations.
If possible even if it costs a little more I'd rather purchase manga from places like Travelling Man or Forbidden Planet but sometimes that's easier said than done 🤷‍♂️

(this is the part where someone tells me Andrew Tate is a majority share holder in Travelling Man isn't it...)

Totally agree, it's a crazy world we live in where everything is politicised but I'd much rather support business' that aren't pro hate and or evil corporations.
If possible even if it costs a little more I'd rather purchase manga from places like Travelling Man or Forbidden Planet but sometimes that's easier said than done 🤷‍♂️

(this is the part where someone tells me Andrew Tate is a majority share holder in Travelling Man isn't it...)

Worth remembering that Forbidden Planet has 3 for 2 on all manga. If you're buying stuff 1 at a time it won't help but if you want to get a few things, especially new releases, it is really good.

Arrivals over the past couple days.

12lYy1a.jpg

Ty07ynq.jpg

In another round of "I can pay in installments" I decided to get something that I couldn't pay for in one go and will mostly serve as the platform for digital only xbox games plus some gamepass games (I'll probably be getting the series X as well, but I'll more then likely be trying to get that through the all access option since it also includes two years of gamepass included).
I am, however not impressed by the BS from the first Amazon delivery driver who didn't even bother attempting delivery and I'm certain I'm well within my right to get the next day shipping charge refunded since it didn't arrive the next day.

624DE976-F79C-4956-AAE2-B36A383A6E81.jpeg
Managed to get these for a good price from the same seller on eBay. Season 6 in the US only came on those double sided DVDs. These are pretty hard to find now for a decent price and KOTH is one of those shows that has a lot of bootleg box sets being sold so be wary.

43422251-7E9F-42B9-BAF4-0C43F268333D.jpeg
Amazon were selling this for £12.57 - a great price for two very solid films.

2023 HAUL VER 1.3

68b1323ecb5459db2112b6430aadd3f4.gif

This haul includes two packages; one from last Tuesday, and the other arriving today after a week delay being stuck on FedEx's French depot.

w345GLNh.jpg

Uj1tXu2h.jpg

With a bunch of UK sets going on offer across various sites, one of them that landed as low as £51 (for a big SRP release that's pretty low) was the complete series box set for Dragon Ball Super. This release contains all 131 episodes from Battle of Gods to Universe Survival. The size of the set is smaller than I had imagined, as it covers about 5 UK Blu-ray cases on the shelf. All 20 discs are the same as the 10 part releases and are housed in stacked digipack sets.

Next we have the second Rightstuf Holiday sale haul which I made on the sale's final day (New Years Eve). This continues the Funimation backlog of releases but this time I also went for the initial releases for some of them.

NgF5pVfh.jpg

qm9zd5zh.jpg

6AAM3Tih.jpg

gpzhP9Ph.jpg

qfpZKPah.jpg

jkJsTwIh.jpg

KwHnIElh.jpg

pNL8h7Fh.jpg

9czB3r6h.jpg

Aqk1XTTh.jpg

GCHYBu3h.jpg

6Sls5zTh.jpg

Starting with the initial release batch, we have Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki, ENDRO!, MEGALOBOX 2: NOMAD and The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent. Out of these four, the one I've seen during simulcast was MEGALOBOX and it's absolutely criminal that not only did the series not receive a limited edition but also wasn't brought over to the UK. The other three I've acquired for various reasons but looking forward to watching them.

HY7Fiyeh.jpg

HsjX1Vbh.jpg

70EKPsdh.jpg

3mxnAMNh.jpg

HEQtMxxh.jpg

r5oc8mxh.jpg
QbWJ3cTh.jpg

OviwQWSh.jpg

5cfPzBph.jpg

3QRfZlJh.jpg

u8gcYXhh.jpg

Then the Essentials releases batch, we have Hundred, Interviews with Monster Girls, Maken-Ki! Two, Record of Lodoss War (which also includes the Chronicles of the Heroic Knight series on DVD) and Restaurant to Another World Season 1. Out of these five, I've seen Demi-chan (IwMG) which was really fun to watch and another one of those early Crunchyroll titles that missed the UK window due to the UK licensing period where nothing Funi-related was being brought over. Not watched the others but most looking forward to Record of Lodoss War, another series that should have been brought over to the UK.

Ip8Fv54h.jpg

Back