What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

AL Xmas sale order arrived.

hqVRzDx.jpg

December Haul #3

Another week, another batch of items arrived. Too many arrived due to delays in shipment, orders at the last second and other factors.

Due to the large size of this batch I have decided to compile it all under a spoiler tag.

IqdTRbih.jpg

Starting off the week on Monday was a pre-order which arrived faster than a few other folks here due to the courier. One of my most anticipated released for the Asian Cinema, I can now finally check out the Ju-On: The Grudge Collection, featuring six films from the franchise and here it is presented in a limited edition package from Arrow Video. Considering how Ring sold out fairly quickly I made the decision to pre-order this one to play it safe.

The films included in the box set are Ju-On: The Curse, Ju-On: The Curse 2, Ju-On: The Grudge, Ju-On: The Grudge 2, Ju-On: White Ghost and Ju-On: Black Ghost. If that wasn't the surprise, we also have a 4K Ultra HD version for Ju-On: The Grudge which is nuts.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

HF8NooNh.jpg

cCOgyKqh.jpg

oE5UgF8h.jpg

RIZmRmth.jpg

Machine Robo: Battle Hackers, the SD-on-BD release from Discotek Media arrived faster than I had expected given the delay for the previous UP1 order. This series was released as part of their December 2022 release line-up.
X0i4tFxh.jpg

On Tuesday came my Terracotta Distribution package which came with two 88 Films releases. Firs we have the 4K Ultra HD collector's deluxe edition release of Sammo Hung & Corey Yuen's Dragons Forever. This release features pretty much all of the content from the previous Blu-ray but now in 4K!

8o4xpB8h.jpg

wTvq9uMh.jpg

Then we have Herman Yau's Ebola Syndrome film as part of 88 Films' Category III line-up. While it's not in 4K Ultra HD, at least it's uncut for the UK.

ixFe5s0h.jpg

On the same day I received some items for Christmas presents, and one of the items I bundled in was the Arrow Video 4K Ultra HD standard edition release of the classic 1987 film Robocop by Paul Verhoeven. The UHD disc covers the director's cut.
3gJtJwbh.jpg

On Thursday I received Arrow Video's Shawscope Volume One limited edition Blu-ray box set. This was a last minute purchase because the box set went on offer over on Amazon for as low as £55 so I figured that was probably the cheapest it'll ever be before it sells out.

Volume One contains 12 films from the Shaw Bros line-up; King Boxer (天下第一拳, directed by Chung Chang-wha), The Boxer from Shantung (馬永貞, directed by Chang Cheh & Pao Hsueh-li), Five Shaolin Masters (少林五祖, directed by Chang Cheh), Shaolin Temple (少林寺, directed by Chang Cheh), Mighty Peking Man (猩猩王, directed by Ho Meng-hua), Challenge of the Masters (陸阿采與黃飛鴻, directed by Lau Kar-leung), Executioners from Shaolin (洪熙官, directed by Lau Kar-leung), Chinatown Kid (唐人街功夫小子, directed by Chang Cheh), The Five Venoms (五毒, directed by Chang Cheh), Crippled Avengers (残缺, directed by Chang Cheh), Heroes of the East (中華丈夫, directed by Lau Kar-leung), and Dirty Ho (爛頭何, directed by Lau Kar-leung).

Worth mentioning that Mighty Peking Man was previously released in the UK on Blu-ray by 88 Films prior so it's good to see some of their titles come back in print.

ReUerZph.jpg

On Friday I went to town after watching Avatar: The Way of Water in IMAX 3D HFR and bought some more 4K Ultra HD releases in HMV. The titles I picked up were the Studio Canal releases of Michael Cimino's 1978 war classic The Deer Hunter and Luc Besson's 1997 sci-fi cult classic The Fifth Element as well as Rian Johnson's 2019 cluedo hit Knives Out which was on offer.

kX7Gfzeh.jpg

ysHuwEOh.jpg

e6QThcPh.jpg

4EzeCbYh.jpg

iuc26Axh.jpg

WQ0cCcth.jpg

Y8bhqh0h.jpg

Also picked up in town were some more manga from the Travelling Man store. I didn't want to spend too much so I focused mainly on the Shonen Jump range, totalling 9 more Viz Media volumes.

I picked up Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Volume 5, Mashle: Magic & Muscles Volumes 8-9, One Punch Man Volumes 7-10, and The Promised Neverland Volumes 9-10.

sqdjyWPh.jpg

6luxSYHh.jpg

gspLWiPh.jpg

QrP0B6Ph.jpg

fR4RQrCh.jpg

QcV2YAih.jpg

Ei38P6eh.jpg

gdcRvc1h.jpg

niXwT0qh.jpg

D5RbcsUh.jpg

KlK2D0fh.jpg

Then on the same day, I returned home to see my Rightstuf Christmas sale haul arrive. 12 Blu-ray releases; 3 from Sentai Filmworks and 9 from Funimation (plus a ridiculous shipping cost).

From Sentai Filmworks we have:
  • Aura Battle Dunbine (Sunrise & Yoshiyuki Tomino's isekai series from 1983)
  • The Familiar of Zero collection (covering all four seasons of the isekai series)
  • The Seven Heavenly Virtues (spin-off series to Seven Mortal Sins, also ecchi)
From Funimation we have all of them picked up via their Essentials range:
  • Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (fantasy series)
  • Casshern Sins (sci-fi reimagining from Madhouse & Tatsunoko)
  • Cat Planet Cuties (ecchi harem series better known under the official name Asobi ni Iku Yo!)
  • A Centaur's Life (fantasy series with a bizarre political take at one point)
  • Fafner: Dead Agresssor & Heaven on Earth (sci-fi series from Xebec, also known as Fafner in the Azure)
  • Knight's & Magic (isekai with mechs, the mecha was also featured in Super Robot Wars fun fact)
  • Shakugan no Shana S (the four-episode OVA series set in-between Seasons 2 & 3)
  • Shakugan no Shana the Movie (an adaptation of the first novel)
  • Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- (lesbian ecchi series that has one of the characters make the BBFC reject the series uncut)
YH7lF0jh.jpg

cxCaDsCh.jpg

And last but not least today we have One Punch Man Volume 1 which was ordered separately using Blackwells because it was out of stock for a number of other retailers.

I received another order from Rightstuf's holiday sale - 3 Blu-ray titles and a DVD title:

AFTERLOST
Taisho Otome Fairy Tale
Scarlet Nexus Part 2

aftertaishoscarlet.jpg

IRIA: Zeiram The Animation Master Collection (Discotek release shown alongside the Media Blasters IRIA tin box edition with red fatpack case inside)

Girls with Guns!

2iriadiscotin.jpg
Love the Iria collection along with that tin. Wish companys still did tin editions even if it wasn't very practical.

December Haul #4

More packages arrived today.

12NHQM0h.jpg

zqxVaZth.jpg

sVLo5rjh.jpg

The rest of the Blackwells order came via Evri which were Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Volumes 19, 20 & 21. Was falling behind on this series throughout the year so I picked up almost all of the newer volumes available, so we now have 3 left to go to complete this Shonen Jump series.

siZKveFh.jpg

Also came today from Amazon & DPD is the Logitech MX Master 2S which someone on AUKN discord recommended since it was available as part of a Deal of the Day offering. For context, I had been using a wireless mouse (simple one) since I first acquired a laptop back in 2012 and earlier this year it just suddenly stopped working right, so I had to temporarily use a wired one as a backup. I got fed up of the wired one in recent weeks and so I've now got this accessory sorted.

What's left now in terms of dispatched items is the 88 Films Black Friday offering, which covers The Iceman Cometh as well as the Shaw Bros films The Flying Guillotine Part II, Hero, Human Lanterns and Martial Club.

That MX Master 2S is a nice mouse to use, I have one on my main PC at home except in the white version, to better match my 1987 IBM Model M Keyboard I still use. Only bad thing with that one is the light grey rubber thumb pad has gotten somewhat discolored from skin oils; the black version will be much better hiding that.

Also came today from Amazon & DPD is the Logitech MX Master 2S which someone on AUKN discord recommended since it was available as part of a Deal of the Day offering. For context, I had been using a wireless mouse (simple one) since I first acquired a laptop back in 2012 and earlier this year it just suddenly stopped working right, so I had to temporarily use a wired one as a backup. I got fed up of the wired one in recent weeks and so I've now got this accessory sorted.
The MX Master 2S is a good mouse and one that I can recommend, especially for the budget conscious.

I'm also personally a big fan of the Logitech MX Vertical, if you have a bit more to spare, and it's my current work mouse that I use daily.

design-medium.jpg

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week start ver.」

What's included?
  • Comic Con London 2022 Saturday Priority Entry Badge - Genshin Impact (Raiden Shogun variant)
  • Genshin Hu Tao Cover Case Protective Hard Shell For Switch OLED
  • Mortal Kombat: The 30th Anniversary Ultimate Bundle - PS5
  • OnePlus 10T 5G Glacier Mat Case Grey
  • PlayStation 5 Media Remote
  • Saga of Tanya the Evil - The Complete Series - Blu-ray

View attachment 27216
View attachment 27215
View attachment 27217View attachment 27214View attachment 27213

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week start ver.」

What's included?
  • Cop Land - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
  • DARLING in the FRANXX: Part One Blu-ray (Limited Edition)
  • Dumpling Thumb Grip For Nintendo Switch
  • Inglourious Basterds Limited Edition [Blu-ray]
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - Ultimate Edition Blu-ray
  • Nioh 2 Special Edition [PS4]
  • Rambo: First Blood 4K [4K Ultra-HD + Blu-ray]

IMG20221219134100.jpgIMG20221203212410.jpgIMG20221219134421.jpgIMG20221219135618.jpgIMG20221219135628.jpg

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week start ver.」

What's included?
  • Cop Land - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
  • DARLING in the FRANXX: Part One Blu-ray (Limited Edition)
  • Dumpling Thumb Grip For Nintendo Switch
  • Inglourious Basterds Limited Edition [Blu-ray]
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - Ultimate Edition Blu-ray
  • Nioh 2 Special Edition [PS4]
  • Rambo: First Blood 4K [4K Ultra-HD + Blu-ray]

View attachment 27474View attachment 27473View attachment 27476View attachment 27482View attachment 27483

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week start ver.」

What's included?
  • Aldnoah.Zero Vol. 3 Limited Edition Blu-ray
  • Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Limited Edition]
  • Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] II.lost butterfly (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Limited Edition]
  • Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] III.spring song (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Limited Edition]
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets Part 2 Manga Box Set

IMG20221219210118.jpg
IMG20221219210140.jpg
IMG20221219210634.jpg

Back