What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

That would explain the "delay". I'm really looking forward to all Asian cinema releases by these labels. It's really been a long time coming, that these films get a proper treatment.

Another Arrow insider has confirmed Shawscope vol. 3 and 4 as well 😉 I can imagine green and yellow colors for those, it's going to look so good!
I think the insider who posted the leak about Shawscope Vol.3 & Vol.4 later debunked it and said it was a joke that the 4th would be yellow and include no martial arts films.
Not that they won't be more just not planned yet I think.

Been a while since I posted any purchases, not really had much anime on order lately because I was saving for this!

Solar Panels! 🌞

With the impending energy cost increases (which are now less impending), and being a heavy energy user, I decided it was a good idea to get some of these installed on the roof. Even with the new price caps announced I believe electric will be £0.35/kwh or so from October the 1st.

I have two sets like this, the other ones are on the other side of the house, they are installed to the rear of the property.

Alongside this I have a 5kw inverter and 8.2KWH battery as shown below.

System specs:

13 x 370W panels (4.8kwp)
5kw Givenergy Hybrid Inverter
8.2kwh Givenergy battery

5xc8ZMn.png

UxrV6szh.jpg

Been a while since I posted any purchases, not really had much anime on order lately because I was saving for this!

Solar Panels! 🌞

With the impending energy cost increases (which are now less impending), and being a heavy energy user, I decided it was a good idea to get some of these installed on the roof. Even with the new price caps announced I believe electric will be £0.35/kwh or so from October the 1st.

I have two sets like this, the other ones are on the other side of the house, they are installed to the rear of the property.

Alongside this I have a 5kw inverter and 8.2KWH battery as shown below.

System specs:

13 x 370W panels (4.8kwp)
5kw Givenergy Hybrid Inverter
8.2kwh Givenergy battery

5xc8ZMn.png

UxrV6szh.jpg
Good plan with these, and that's a big battery, relatively speaking, for solar panels. Hearing of the crazy cost predictions for electricity I was thinking these would likely be paying themselves off sooner rather than later, and I hear they're cheaper now as well. Yours don't look unsightly either. Question is, how much will you need to rely on the main grid in addition (especially for winter) and what percentage of your bills are you knocking down with these given that gas is still required (unless you're fully electric)? Also where does one even start looking for these - local council or independent providers?

Good plan with these, and that's a big battery, relatively speaking, for solar panels. Hearing of the crazy cost predictions for electricity I was thinking these would likely be paying themselves off sooner rather than later, and I hear they're cheaper now as well. Yours don't look unsightly either. Question is, how much will you need to rely on the main grid in addition (especially for winter) and what percentage of your bills are you knocking down with these given that gas is still required (unless you're fully electric)? Also where does one even start looking for these - local council or independent providers?

Happy to help! :)

I don't wish to de-rail this thread too much, I'll spin up a new thread somewhere and link it back here a bit later on, then I can cover some basics that I've learnt whilst doing all of this. I love tech stuff, so it's a new thing to play with and I have some stats on generation and usage, at least for the week or so I've had it running for.

You do know most people can't afford to have solar panels more so if they live in a rented home.

This is true and a valid point but it doesn't make it wrong for those who can afford them to get them particularly as it's better for the environment, tbf to @Lordhippos at no point did he say that this is an affordable/workable solution for everyone. That said my heart really does go out to you if you're struggling to afford your energy bills, I don't like the way things are now either (with private profiteering and greed increasingly pricing those with less to begin with out of a decent standard of living.) Perhaps this is the wrong place for this given this isn't the politics thread but FWIW I'm sympathetic.

Also, trying to get the thread back on topic a bit: I suppose they belong more in the "What did you BUY today?" thread but I have a few nice things I've bought while staying with my mum and whatnot so will try and post some photos here soon (TBF I've been making a serious effort to manage my money better and buy less this month for financial and ethical reasons but I did have a few smaller indulgences) :)

A list of my recent digital purchases:

21 Reasons Why (single) - Ella Henderson and Nathan Dawe
I Ain't Worried (single) - OneRepublic
Demi Lovato - HOLY FVCK - iTunes
Lizzo - Special - iTunes

The Great Passage - Shion Miura - Brian Nishii - Audible (with Kindle eBook)
The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas - Bill Homewood - Audible (with Kindle eBook)

:)

A couple new additions to the collection.
Firstly I got El Hazard: The Magnificent World CE and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine CE for insanely decent prices (Basically just the EB prices) from Amazon Italy of all places. Amazon Italy also did a better job that their American, English and Australia cousins in packaging since both of them arrived with no dents or scratches. Secondly I got Vinland Saga CE from MVM, sadly one of the corners was slightly crushed. On a side note about the Vinland Saga CE, its front and back artwork sucks. I find it to be extremely lacking and ugly but it seems every Vinland Saga Blu Ray release has this kind of artwork even the Japanese ones.
IMG_3275.JPG
Next I have Battles Without Honour and Humanity The Complete Collection and the Wild Geese both from Arrow Video. NSFW warning for the Battles Without Honour and Humanity The Complete Collection cover
IMG_3276.JPG

Back