What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Yasss!!! PS5 get, nice!!

Enjoy not having a farking jet engine on your room any longer if you had a PS4. I swear that was one of the main reasons why I got it ASAP.

Looking forward to the Last of Us rething in a couple of weeks.

Demon's Souls, Astro's Playroom and Ratchet & Clank are highly recommended. God of War and Last of Us 2 at 60 fps, too!
Amazon are selling them by invite. You sign up and if you're lucky you get a link to buy one. Wasn't really sure I wanted one just yet as they do cost a lot but as the opportunity arose I went for it.

I never actually played Last of Us so I prob will now! I'm mostly looking forward to the FF7 remake chapter they did for ps5, the main game was so good!

I'm going to start with Life Is Strange True Colours as that's the only ps5 game I've got at the moment.

Amazon are selling them by invite. You sign up and if you're lucky you get a link to buy one. Wasn't really sure I wanted one just yet as they do cost a lot but as the opportunity arose I went for it.

I never actually played Last of Us so I prob will now! I'm mostly looking forward to the FF7 remake chapter they did for ps5, the main game was so good!

I'm going to start with Life Is Strange True Colours as that's the only ps5 game I've got at the moment.
I've had a PS5 for almost a year. I've spent most of that time playing PS4 games on it, but it was still well worth buying. I had to wear headphones when I played The Last of Us 2 on PS4 because it made the system fan scream throughout, but on PS5 it's whisper-quiet. The PS5's SSD is so fast that it practically turns Shenmue 2 into a seamless open-world game; the load screens are gone as soon as they appear. Then there's the performance boost; practically any game that chugged on PS4 runs silky smooth on PS5. The only downside is that my first PS5 was faulty (crashed a lot) and I had to get it replaced.

True Colors is great. Since you're into D&D there's one part of it in particular that you'll probably get a kick out of. Also the Wavelengths DLC is well worth getting.

August Haul - Batch #04

O0a1Vnrh.jpg

jOuQN4ch.jpg

Starting off today with Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 2 collector's edition Blu-ray from Anime Limited. Like the first season, this set has that nice texture to the box and the booklet has some good content. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Today I went to town to watch Jordan Peele's NOPE in IMAX (and yes it's really good and you should watch it), but before that I went to town (to save on fuel costs hence why I do a shop and film watch together at the same time).

wHwAgU7h.jpg

88cgnoph.jpg

s5TEFpkh.jpg

kevO95Lh.jpg

Starting off the haul is a trip to HMV where they had a whole bunch of Shaw Brothers releases with their slipcases, and because they had copies of The Chinese Boxer (龍虎鬪) I picked it up alongside three others with The Flag of Iron (鐵旗門), Legendary Weapons of China (十八般武藝), and Monkey Kung Fu (出籠馬騮).

They didn't have Disciples of Shaolin, so I ordered it online (and hopefully I get the slipcase as well), which leaves me with Shaolin Mantis, Hero, Human Lanterns, Martial Club and Flying Guillotine Part II. I do plan to get 88's previous batch before their redesigned spine layout (Come Drink With Me, The Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, Clan of the White Lotus) but I won't be getting the older releases as most are hard to find at this point and Arrow may include them in future ShawScope box sets like they did with The Mighty Peking Man.

kQ2Qi2Jh.jpg

YRuwLSuh.jpg

Kef05HLh.jpg

Also visited the Travelling Man store and picked up another batch of Viz Media manga, though my luck this time wasn't great as they discounted the cheaper ones in the deal so I ended up spending more than I wanted, but the titles picked were good though.

kcZ4B54h.jpg

First up, we have Alice in Borderland Volume 2 and Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Volumes 2 & 3. Two more to continue the on-going releases Viz have started putting out.

55EHrMqh.jpg

Next we have a very popular series that has kept going out of stock. Goodnight Punpun Volumes 1, 2 & 3 are now in my collection, and they did have all 7 but I couldn't afford to get all of them at once (and there's not much space in my bag for them either).

i2yNnuFh.jpg

And to round the haul off, we have Mashle: Magic and Muscles Volumes 5, 6 & 7. Both Dai Vol. 3 and Mashle Vol. 7 are not out yet in the UK so Travelling Man must have just gotten the stock in recently.

I've had a PS5 for almost a year. I've spent most of that time playing PS4 games on it, but it was still well worth buying. I had to wear headphones when I played The Last of Us 2 on PS4 because it made the system fan scream throughout, but on PS5 it's whisper-quiet.
Heh, apart from the pre-loaded (and excellent!) Astro's room, clearing my PS4 games backlog is exactly what I've been using the PS5 for. The instant loading is a godsend when life only throws sporadic, short bursts of time your way. Whilst it is very quiet often, I do find it really noisy sometimes, definitely when playing some blu-rays, though not sure if it's been the case with any of the PS4 discs. Digitally downloaded games on the SSD being whisper quiet wouldn't surprising, though is it meant to be that quiet for physical disc playback also?

Heh, apart from the pre-loaded (and excellent!) Astro's room, clearing my PS4 games backlog is exactly what I've been using the PS5 for. The instant loading is a godsend when life only throws sporadic, short bursts of time your way. Whilst it is very quiet often, I do find it really noisy sometimes, definitely when playing some blu-rays, though not sure if it's been the case with any of the PS4 discs. Digitally downloaded games on the SSD being whisper quiet wouldn't surprising, though is it meant to be that quiet for physical disc playback also?
The optical drive is by far the loudest part of the PS5. It spins up to full speed while installing games from disc, but after that it should only spin up briefly when booting the game and then for a minute every 45 minutes as a security check. What I often find when it gets really loud is that the noise isn't coming from the drive itself, but rather the movement of the drive vibrating things around it, like the corners of the air intake fins or the shelf the PS5 is on. If you get a lot of noise from the optical drive, try placing a thick rubber mouse mat (not a plastic one) under the console stand to absorb the vibrations. Also, if you have the console horizontal then the stand should be the only thing making contact with the shelf underneath; if part of the console is touching the shelf then the stand isn't centred properly.

I just recently watched Mad Dog Morgan and it was surpringly good. I was expecting shlock but that it was not. Ordered a copy from amazon.co.uk but it's to been whether they get more copies or not.
If you ordered the UK limited edition from Amazon I recommend cancelling that order since I ordered it twice and waited two and a half months for it to arrive and it never came. It got so long that I checked Indicators website and it was out of stock on their own website, I then asked them if they had any stock of the UK limited edition left and they said no and they also said that Amazon most likely doesn't have any either. That's the reason why I got the US one instead of the UK one.

Last edited:
If you ordered the UK limited edition from Amazon I recommend cancelling that order since I ordered it twice and waited two and a half months for it to arrive and it never came. It got so long that I check Indicators website and it was out of stock on their own website, I then asked them if they had any stock of the UK limited edition left and they said no and they also said that Amazon most likely doesn't have any either. That's the reason why I got the US one instead of the UK one.

Damn but thanks for the info. It's too expensive to order from America so it look's like i'm gonna miss out on.

I received quite a few limited editions today. Mostly from Madmans current sales, getting bargins on all of them.

Firstly I have Cautious Hero LE (Suffered some minor damage on the corners and side) and Darling in the Franxx part 2 (Annoyingly having the Australian age rating logo on the slip cover)
IMG_3241.JPG(Back)
IMG_3243.JPG

Secondly I have Akudama Drive LE which is a complete blind buy for me but I was drawn in by the cyberpunk aesthetic and I also got Uzaki-Chan Wants to Hang Out! LE.

One thing about the Uzaki-Chan LE that I have noticed with some other Funimation LEs is that for some reason they decide not to have the extra stuff inside the actual artbox and leave it on the outside which really ticks me off. Since I then have nowhere to put it and having it next to it on the shelf looks off to me, I wish they would just make it so all of it just fits into the box. It all just screams laziness to me but maybe there's is some strange reason for it.​
IMG_3238.JPG
(Back)
IMG_3239.JPG

Finally I have what I considered for the longest time the white whale of my collection and that is Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum. (Not the thin packs) It has taken awhile for me to get this version but I finally got it for a decent price and I am now happy with my EVA collection.
IMG_3245.JPG(Back and Side)IMG_3246.JPG(DVD Side, Voulme 6 is still sealed) IMG_3247.JPG
IMG_3248.JPG

Last edited:
I received quite a few limited editions today. Mostly from Madmans current sales, getting bargins on all of them.

Firstly I have Cautious Hero LE (Suffered some minor damage on the corners and side) and Darling in the Franxx part 2 (Annoyingly having the Australian age rating logo on the slip cover)
View attachment 25804(Back)
View attachment 25805

Secondly I have Akudama Drive LE which is a complete blind buy for me but I was drawn in by the cyberpunk aesthetic and I also got Uzaki-Chan Wants to Hang Out! LE.

One thing about the Uzaki-Chan LE that I have noticed with some other Funimation LEs is that for some reason they decide not to have the extra stuff inside the actual artbox and leave it outside which really ticks me off since I then have no where to put it and having it next to it on the shelf looks off to me, I wish they would just make it so all of it fits into the box. It all just screams laziness to me but maybe there's is some strange reason for it.​
View attachment 25806
(Back)
View attachment 25807

Finally I have want I consider for the longest time the white whale of my collection and that is Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum. (Not the thin packs) It has taken awhile for me to get this version but I finally got it for a decent price and I am now happy with my EVA collection.
View attachment 25808(Back and Side)View attachment 25809(DVD Side, One is still sealed) View attachment 25810

I have the US Evangelion Platinum singles with box, it's an awesome set I love the stills art in the booklets :)

Back