What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

These are actually all blind buys for me, I’m getting ready for the price drop on the Criterion Showa next month. I believe Criterion has rights to some of the Heisei ones already.
The only ones of those I haven't seen are the Rebirth of Mothra movies, since they're aimed at a much younger audience than most of Toho's kaiju movies.

I'm normally a purist when it comes to US distributors re-cutting Japanese movies, but give the US cut of Godzilla 2000 a go. It's a rare case where I'd say it improves on the original.

The only real dud in that selection is Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla. Final Wars is the marmite of Godzilla movies; I hated it the first time I watched it, sold my DVD, then a few months later wanted to watch it again, bought another copy, and I've loved it ever since. That's the only time I've bought the exact same DVD twice.

Giant Monsters All-Out Attack is an interesting one. It leans more towards a fantasy plotline, and it's from the same director as the excellent heisei Gamera movies.

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week end ver.」

Finally completed Monogatari Series [Aniplex US] Box sets collection (exception being Nekomonogatari White which I already had). That is all possible thanks to the real hero @farzam1999 🔥

Check out their sale thread here for more cool stuff

Polish_20220626_220115393.png
IMG_20220626_193654.jpg
IMG_20220626_193441.jpg
IMG_20220626_193631.jpgIMG_20220626_193549.jpg
IMG_20220626_193720.jpgIMG_20220626_193741.jpg

Story by a man who did not act his age 😉
IMG_20220626_193801.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_200608.jpg
    IMG_20220626_200608.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220626_200701.jpg
    IMG_20220626_200701.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Full Metal Panic and Claymore from JB HI-FI buy 2 get 1 free/ 20% off sale, I did buy Full Metal Panic Second Raid as well but its on back order. It seems Madman may of actually listened when I asked them to stop putting the ugly Australian age rating logo sticker on the slipcover since these stickers are on the shrink wrap instead of the slipcover. ( I spent a good hour removing one from my The Devil Is a Part-Timer! Blu Ray)
IMG_3165.JPG

Last edited:
The art but Usazaki brought the story to life, captured it brilliantly.
Her art is what drawn me to check out this series.

And then the author went and decided to throw that all away.
As expected of an imbecile. Just wasted opportunity to give in to a worthless act. The people around him had to pay a price for a fool's immorality 😒

If you like the series, you may be able to source a volume 2. I was lucky and got one, and the rest of the series I for the JP volumes.
Yeah, I'm still on the lookout. Hopefully, someone will upload a listing on eBay, Amazon etc. If I end up really graving for more story, I'll likely pick up the Japanese release as well at some point.

Her art is what drawn me to check out this series.
It's a shame I haven't seen much more of her work since. She did a one shot, and is doing art for another soon I think I heard, but beyond that I only know that she's done some work for a VTuber.
Her art is just so good. The eyes are pretty distinct so I tend to recognise it easily.

As expected of an imbecile. Just wasted opportunity to give in to a worthless act. The people around him had to pay a price for a fool's immorality 😒
Yep. This series was up there with Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man, as people were treating the 3 as rising stars in Jump. An anime would be a certainty. The story now will never get a conclusion. It's just left there, stopped part way into an arc when it was getting into an interesting arc.

Yeah, I'm still on the lookout. Hopefully, someone will upload a listing on eBay, Amazon etc. If I end up really graving for more story, I'll likely pick up the Japanese release as well at some point.
There's one on Amazon (used but like new according to the listing) but it'll cost you £60. Depends how much you want it.
If I didn't have it though, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. I had to order mine from the US to get it back then.

I received one Limited Edition Blu-ray boxset from the UK today, the one in-stock item from my most recent pre-order at AnimeOnLine:

Hinamatsuri - The Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray

hinamatsuriukle.jpg

June 2022 Haul Batch #8

EGmBMm8h.jpg

krIvblch.jpg

88 Films' latest deluxe edition Blu-ray release for their Hong Kong cinema arrived from their store today with Nam Nai Choi's 1986 film The Seventh Curse (原振俠與衛斯理). This is also uncut for the first time in the UK as the previous release had been cut by the BBFC.

June 2022 Haul Batch #8

EGmBMm8h.jpg

krIvblch.jpg

88 Films' latest deluxe edition Blu-ray release for their Hong Kong cinema arrived from their store today with Nam Nai Choi's 1986 film The Seventh Curse (原振俠與衛斯理). This is also uncut for the first time in the UK as the previous release had been cut by the BBFC.
Surprised it isn't part of their Cat III collection as it gets pretty extreme!!

I know I have A Drunken Dream but I'm not sure if I've read it yet, a lovely edition for sure, and I adored The Heart of Thomas which I also have the hardcover edition of and have definitely read :)
I was looking for the hardback edition of The Heart of Thomas - no joy.

You are not wrong, this is a lovely edition. Just read The Willow Tree 😭😭😭

Next on my wishlist is The Poe Clan Volume 2 ;)

Back