What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

April 2022 Batch 7!

AUZeJ0Kh.jpg
zeZBLChh.jpg

Picked up a couple more manga volumes. Starting off with Jujutsu Kaisen Volume 6 which is now back in stock in recent weeks so I picked it up while it was available. Basically need Volumes 10+ now which I can save for Travelling Man if I need to.

I also picked up GIGANT Volume 6 which had finally gone down in price that wasn't SRP level. I had a look at the release schedule and it seems the remaining four volumes will all be out this year so that's neat.

In addition to the on-going manga, I also picked up Blue Giant Omnibus 1. This is a well-received jazz manga series and Seven Seas recently wrapped up the releases as there were only 10 volumes across 5 omnibuses overall. There is an anime film in the works but I wanted to own it first.

t1tYwuih.jpg

mslAnoth.jpg

7qAs1Vkh.jpg

GNKI3EHh.jpg

April 2022 Batch 7!

AUZeJ0Kh.jpg
zeZBLChh.jpg

Picked up a couple more manga volumes. Starting off with Jujutsu Kaisen Volume 6 which is now back in stock in recent weeks so I picked it up while it was available. Basically need Volumes 10+ now which I can save for Travelling Man if I need to.

I also picked up GIGANT Volume 6 which had finally gone down in price that wasn't SRP level. I had a look at the release schedule and it seems the remaining four volumes will all be out this year so that's neat.

In addition to the on-going manga, I also picked up Blue Giant Omnibus 1. This is a well-received jazz manga series and Seven Seas recently wrapped up the releases as there were only 10 volumes across 5 omnibuses overall. There is an anime film in the works but I wanted to own it first.

t1tYwuih.jpg

mslAnoth.jpg

7qAs1Vkh.jpg

GNKI3EHh.jpg
This is why I love this site!

I didn't know Blue Giant is now available!

Thanks @NormanicGrav, I just ordered all five omnibus editions.

I met the mangaka at the manga exhibition back in 2019 and he drew this for me :)
1651178645558.jpeg

Do not ever complain about something being over-packaged - Too many anime items are severely under-packaged, so just be glad you got something undamaged through the mail because of that excessive packaging!
Yeah, nothing like getting something limited edition only to find Amazon just stuck a big shipping label directly to the box and sent it unpackaged.

It's happened to me twice.

I just wish more Japanese anime releases were English subtitled - although I'd be broke for sure... Do you rip and add subtitles for non-friendly JP releases you pickup? I have quite a few JP Blu-rays that I can't really watch because they need subtitles, but I've never tried to go that route, seems very time consuming. It would definitely be much easier to do a movie, but individual episodes of a series would really take some work. o_O

Nope, I just watch them as is :D My Japanese isn’t all that great, but I know enough to undertsand what’s happening. With these, I now have 9 non-friendly JP releases.

Ah, That's great if you can understand Japanese! I have a few JP non-English releases that I can think of off the top of my head, but I bought them just for collection's sake, because they had really nice boxes or slipcovers. I was thinking I might add English version discs to the sets at some point, although that is much harder to do if they use digipaks:

Violet Evergarden - 4 boxsets
Ancient Magus' Bride - 4 boxsets
Made in Abyss - 2 boxsets
Space Battleship Yamato 2202 - 7 singles
Space Battleship Yamato 2205 - 1 single so far, second one just released in March.
World's End Harem - 2 singles, with the other 2 on pre-order.
Garden of Sinners DVD boxsets - got these 7 box sets just for the OST disc in each one, and gorgeous art on the boxes.

I know I have more non-English JP sets in my collection, but I'm at work so I can't review my shelves.

20220429_194650.jpg

20220429_194741.jpg

20220429_194843.jpg

20220429_194939.jpg

Had enough of waiting and I'm really enjoying Lupin right now so I left my humanity behind and got the Italian Blu-rays - I'll just watch these with no subs, f it.

Lovely release, 30 page booklet filled with artwork and small card for each movie. Flimsy slipcase, though. 472/1000

Love these.

Edited because I don't know how to write coherently.

April 2022 Batch 8!

Z6gLRqPh.jpg

The limited edition WONDER EGG PRIORITY Blu-ray & DVD release from Crunchymationga UK arrived today via UP1. It's a pretty nice box, though I did notice they re-used the standard edition artwork once again. WELP is a good show with an awful ending, so while I do recommend it to people I wouldn't prioritise it from other shows in your backlog. You can find more photos/specs on my blog.

YSnEVbph.jpg

Also arrived are GANTZ Omnibus 6 & 7, which cover Volumes 16-21 of the sci-fi seinen manga series from Hiroya Oku. Surprising that I've almost caught up with the Omnibus releases but I figured I'll get it sorted sooner than later. Omnibus 8 is available while Omnibus 9 is not yet released but I'll see if I can get both together later this quarter.
HK2iQCKh.jpg

Car7pWUh.jpg

And like a few folks here, the replacement disc for Neon Genesis Evangelion's bonus disc arrived today. This has the subtitles that were missing in the live-action deleted scene for End of Evangelion. I will say though, the fact that Anime Limited haven't been public on this disc replacement scheme is rather baffling and quite insulting to the UK community who spent £180-200 on this release.

I've received some Switch games I pre-ordered a while ago:
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars - Limited Edition
ninja1.jpg
More pictures from the Limited Edition in the spoiler section below:
Back of the box:
ninja2.jpg

Comes with plastic and steelbook case:
ninja7.jpg

Wall scroll:
ninja3.jpg

Art book:
ninja5.jpg

Not pictured includes the game's official sound track and collectable cards, I reached the limit for number of pictures that can be attached.

Gal*Gun Ultimate Horny Trinity Edition
gal1.jpg
More pictures from the Edition in the spoiler section below:

Includes physical copies of all three games released on Switch:
gal2.jpg

Plushies - the lighting is rather poor in this image giving them look duller than they are.
gal4.jpg

Acrylic stand - looks nicer in person, the photo is a some what washed out.
gal5.jpg

DIY 'tentacle's - it's actually stockings that have a special design to them.
gal3.jpg

3, 2, 1 let's jam

20220430_193605.jpg
20220430_193633.jpg

20220430_193710.jpg

20220430_193731.jpg

20220430_193800.jpg

20220430_193840.jpg

20220430_193855.jpg

20220430_193931.jpg

20220430_194002.jpg

20220430_194050.jpg

Eternally salty about AL's ridiculously priced UE for Bebop (and salty for not having bought it) thanks to what amounts to a bebop themed oversized lunchbox, I had my eye on dybex's 20th anniv. edition for a while.

Turns out for like 60 eur (discounted), it's pretty incredible. The disc holders are absolute scheisse but that's OK.

Vinyl-sized with 2 especially commissioned artwork pieces from the chara and mecha designers for this edition (unless dybex were bullshting), artbook full of promotional art from magazines, osts and other editions and products, 3 CD ost and the series itself over 7 DVDs and 5 Blu-rays.

This is the third time I buy Bebop, but it won't be the last. I'm looking at dybex's other Bebop Blu-rays which have a full version of what AL gave us for their CEs - character designs, mechanical designs, settings, it's like 200 pages I think.

Back