What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

This weeks deliveries. Not much anime..

IMG_20220129_110727677.jpg

The House that dripped blood: Trying to complete my horror portmanteau collection. Already had Asylum from Second Sight so needed to get this too even though it's OOP. Managed an acceptable price.

Blood for Dracula: 4K LE from Severin films. A "unique" 70s Dracula film with Apparently one of the best renditions of Dracula on film. Looking forward to this

Warriors Two/The Prodigal Son: More 70s/80s Hong Kong goodness from Eureka. Sammo appears in both but looking forward to seeing Yuen Biao take the lead in TPS.

The Future Diary: Region A funi release for £10 on eBay, i thought 'why not?" Already watched this but think I'll rewatch soon.

High Crime: 70s Italian Crime film starring Franco Nero. I'm padding out my Poliziotteschi collection so grabbed this German LE.

The Samurai Film: Decided to expand my collection into not just films, but books on film too. This is apparently a great look into samurai movies, their meaning, impact etc so thought I could read it while sitting in my Blu-ray "library".

Also picked up Pokémon Legends Arceus (not pictured)

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

🎆 First Package Drop post for 2022 🎇

SMTV (Switch) Kindan no Nahobino BOX w/ Exclusive amiami Bonus

View attachment 22714

Almost giving into insanity, finally after the long wait we have finally got this high stakes gem. Shame they didn't release an Ultimate Edition rather than Blood-C (which I believe doesn't really deserve that treatment but oh well)

View attachment 22710View attachment 22711

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

5001.png
Amazon was playing with my feelings telling me my pre-order had been running late (Konosuba S1 CE PTSD).

It's a pretty cute size storing Vol. 1-7 + 2 reversible posters in this little slipbox. Definitely recommend grabbing this set if you're looking to start your Quintessential collection 📚 💯
IMG_20220129_182216.jpgIMG_20220129_182240.jpg
POSSIBLE STOCK AVAILABILITY

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_182223.jpg
    IMG_20220129_182223.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220129_182230.jpg
    IMG_20220129_182230.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

View attachment 22967
Amazon was playing with my feelings telling me my pre-order had been running late (Konosuba S1 CE PTSD).

It's a pretty cute size storing Vol. 1-7 + 2 reversible posters in this little slipbox. Definitely recommend grabbing this set if you're looking to start your Quintessential collection 📚 💯
View attachment 22963View attachment 22964
is this a bad time to mention quints is getting re-released in colour and i think kodansha is releasing it over here

See, I have totally different tastes in anime from most people - RErideD was my favorite anime of the season it aired, so I was really hot to get that poster, it's one of my favorite of the whole lot. I generally only care for two or sometimes three anime in any given season, that I bother to eventually buy on Blu-ray, and RErideD was a Day 1 pre-order for me. I almost bought the two Japanese box sets for the series, even though they are not English friendly, because I loved the artwork on them. I may still buy them a some point, just to put the English Blu-ray discs into nicer packaging than the standard US release with slipcover.

For instance, take this season - My Dress Up Darling is a pretty hot item right now, but I can hardly stand to watch it, and am about ready to drop it, even though I was looking forward to it and really wanted to like it. Love the female lead in the show, but I can't stand the wuss-arsed male MC, and I don't find it funny at all. And, I don't think I could ever again sit through that second episode, especially.

The only shows I'm watching and really interested in this season is Love of Kill and the second season of Realist Hero, which is really getting good now.
funnily enough i'm watching that because it kinda reminds me of Nagatoro, but this season is pretty weak but AoT and Slow loop are good enough to keep my attention, i'm surprised you're not watching Police in a Pod since it's a show that technically has girls with guns show

this season is pretty weak but AoT and Slow loop are good enough to keep my attention, i'm surprised you're not watching Police in a Pod since it's a show that technically has girls with guns show

AOT I'm not watching only because I need to catch up on previous seasons first, but that would be another one I would be into if I was all caught up. I watched about half of the first episode of Police in a Pod, I don't think I'll care for it but might give it a go. Oh, speaking of Girls with Guns, I was watching the first couple episodes of Girls Frontline, so will have to check out the new episodes.

Last edited:
7E1yP39h.png

January Week 4 haul.

Multiple packages arrived between Monday and Saturday. Let's begin.

T581cqKh.jpg

First up we have Senran Kagura Reflexions, a Nintendo Switch game from Limited Run Games and Marvelous which came out a few years ago but was out of print/sold out until their recent January Blowout sale came which had a couple more copies available. As I like the Senran Kagura franchise I wanted to own this release but money was why I never acquired it in the first place, but now that I have proper income this was a second opportunity to be able to own it. It wasn't cheap but at least the VAT is pre-paid.

The physical release includes all of the downloadable content on the cartridge so that's handy and does make up for the cost.

QnZiCvHh.jpg

The next day we have Warriors Two & The Prodigal Son, the special edition Blu-ray release from Eureka Entertainment which was recently released in the UK. I really like Sammo Hung's work and want to pick up as many of his releases as I can, so this double film pack was a good opportunity to keep that trend going. The special edition release includes a slipcase, booklet and double-sided poster. I pre-ordered this collection from Amazon.​

stLuEBWh.jpg

0UbqbYWh.jpg

Two days later we have three films from distributor Third Window Films that I ordered from Terracotta Distribution. These films were directed by Shinya Tsukamoto and I ordered them because one of them was recently released in the UK on Blu-ray - Hiruko the Goblin, which comes with a first print slipcase. Because there's still a bunch of older releases that I don't yet own from the distributor I also took this opportunity to also acquire Bullet Ballet and Tokyo Fist.​

IED26nWh.jpg

The next day we have World's End Harem Volume 10 from Seven Seas & Ghost Ship, ordered from Amazon which had stock in Spain of all places. I waited for the price to go down as well as stock being made available before finally picking it up.​

6Tp6oMSh.jpg

Also arriving on the same day is Plunderer from Funimation UK with the Part 1 limited edition Blu-ray & DVD and Part 2 regular Blu-ray release. I am very surprised that there was actually stock available for this set which is why I waited just in case because price-wise is better than importing especially when you're ordering the UK versions through United Publications.

However, Funimation dun-goofed because this set does not include the Acrylic Diorama which was included in the US release and was advertised with the UK release. I have heard from one other user that they also didn't receive one.

You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

dYgVZiJh.jpg

Ms4V1IFh.jpg

etF8o74h.jpg

3EW13ukh.jpg

JqPrz2Uh.jpg

I went to York yesterday to visit a friend and we went to the Travelling Man store to check out their manga selection. The difference between our last visit in August to now is that I have a job with more income, so I can get more than ever before and thus I was able to properly take advantage of the store's 3 for 2 offer on Viz Media books. Therefore I spent £88 on 13 Shonen Jump volumes.

Starting this batch we have Tite Kubo's Burn the Witch which is a series I'm curious to check out and has a nice slipcase to it. I actually haven't read Bleach though I have watched Movies 2-4 many years ago when they were on TV.

Next we have Tatsuki Fujimoto's CHAINSAW MAN, and finally I was able to get these volumes because the retailer had plenty of stock for most of them in contrast to online retailers who kept selling out for months. Saying that however, they didn't have Volume 4, but in return I grabbed all of the available volumes that were released in Englush which were Volumes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 & 8 (and apparently Amazon UK won't get Volume 8 until end of March lol).

Last but not least we have Gege Akutami's Jujutsu Kaisen 0 and Jujutsu Kaisen Volumes 1, 2, 3 & 5. Much like Chainsaw Man, they also didn't have Volume 4 for this series so I'll need to locate it online.

But overall I am pretty happy to grab these Shonen Jump titles, it's actually been 3 years since I last acquired a SJ branded manga title from Viz Media and it's an area that I want to grab more volumes for. Each volume's price were £7.99, except for Burn the Witch which was £15.99, and all of them except for Chainsaw Man Volumes 1 & 8 and Jujutsu Kaisen 0 & Volume 1 were included in the 3 for 2 offer.

xPcCHSZh.jpg

Also acquired in York via HMV was the 1968 Japanese horror film was The Snake Girl and the Silver-Haired Witch (Hebimusume to Hakuhatsuma) by director Noriaki Yuasa who is known for directing the Gamera Showa era films. What also caught my attention about this film was that its based on the works from Japanese manga creator Kazuo Umezu, known for his horror manga The Drifting Classroom. This is the first print edition so it comes with a really nice slipcase and a booklet that Arrow Films is known for.​

rtNKm5qh.jpg

If you thought I was done, prepare to get spooked because Boogiepop Phantom arrived on the same day as my York trip in a collector's edition Blu-ray set from Anime Limited. This is the 2000 Madhouse anime series that is actually an anime original that I believe is a loose sequel to the Boogiepop & Others novel. Either way I quite liked the Boogiepop & Others anime so I wanted to check out the first series for a while.

You can view more photos/specs on my blog.​

YeVS53Qh.jpg

And there we have it, that's all of th- My-HiME arrived as well from Anime Limited in a special collector's Blu-ray set as per usual. The first time I actually heard of this series was one of Yuki Kajiura's songs because at the time I was invested in her soundtrack for Madoka Magica so it's nice to have this 2004 Sunrise series make its way on Blu-ray from the distributor.

You can view more photos/specs on my blog.​

Last edited:
PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

View attachment 22967

View attachment 22963View attachment 22964

PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」

6002.png
Arrivals for a classic and power fantasy trash 🗑️

Inuyasha been on my radar 📡 for sometime now so I'm looking forward to checking it out.
IMG_20220131_182837.jpg

Back