What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Recommended by @jonno394 :D
coukd2d5iee81.jpg
Good film!

I can now post up my final Round 6 of three Japanese B2 posters from my recent order. But! Don't think you finally got rid of me and my posters in here - I just made another order for 28 more posters last night, so I'll be back in a few weeks with another bout of, what - 9 Rounds I guess, lol...

😁

Golden Kamuy Tokyo MX TV promotional poster
Tsukihime Arcueid Brunestud Type Moon promotional poster
RErideD: Derrida, Who Leaps Through Time Tokyo MX TV promotional poster

goldenkamuyb2.jpg

tsukihimeb2.jpg

reridedb2.jpg

Last edited:
As someone who avoided all promo for Pokemon Arceus I didn't realise about the story and how it is the most obvious natural progression of ALL games...
it's an ISEKAI
alternative names:

How Not To Summon A Pokemon Trainer

In Another World With My Pokedex

You can see more pics of my theater room on the home page of my home theater website, if I'm allowed to post a personal, non-commercial link here. Frey is my last name, and FreyMAX rhymes with IMAX, so it's just a play on words, lol:

The FreyMAX 3D Theater

I haven't updated this site in years, so most of the photos on the home page were taken around 2012-2014, but not too much has really changed in the room since then, except all the movie Blu-rays are now stored away, DVDs disposed of, and all the shelf units plus additional ones I built are loaded with anime now.
Amazing.

When I were a lad, I dreamed (literally) of having a room with rows of shelving units taller than me, full of anime and manga, like a library. Clearly I didn't dream big enough 😲

From United Publications:

20220128_164339.jpg

Sure is a good film. Don’t know if you already own this or if @jonno394 mentioned it, but War of the Arrows is certainly also a recommend South Korean film.

It is indeed great (I didnt recommend it though, stuck to crime thrillers) but other historical Korean films like War of The arrows such as Roaring Currents (from the sam director as War) The Tiger and finally imo one of the greatest war films, Tae Guk Gi (Brotehrhood)

I can now post up my final Round 6 of three Japanese B2 posters from my recent order. But! Don't think you finally got rid of me and my posters in here - I just made another order for 28 more posters last night, so I'll be back in a few weeks with another bout of, what - 9 Rounds I guess, lol...

😁

Golden Kamuy Tokyo MX TV promotional poster
Tsukimime Arcuied Brunestud Type Moon promotional poster
RErideD: Derrida, Who Leaps Through Time Tokyo MX TV promotional poster

goldenkamuyb2.jpg

tsukihimeb2.jpg

reridedb2.jpg
RErideD, another anime i dropped pretty quickly, the plot sounded pretty interesting and i loved either the OP or ED i forget which one but i think after the 2nd or 3rd episode it got pretty poopy

It is indeed great (I didnt recommend it though, stuck to crime thrillers) but other historical Korean films like War of The arrows such as Roaring Currents (from the sam director as War) The Tiger and finally imo one of the greatest war films, Tae Guk Gi (Brotehrhood)
To add a couple more: The Chaser, Beast Stalker, re:born... Those are my favourite Korean crime thrillers (I saw the devil is number 1 though for me!)

Confessions, coldfish ( very dark psychological thrillers).

Nobody does thrillers better than Korea, same with war movies IMO

To add a couple more: The Chaser, Beast Stalker, re:born... Those are my favourite Korean crime thrillers (I saw the devil is number 1 though for me!)

To jump aboard: The King and the Clown, Masquerade, A Bittersweet Life, & The Man from Nowhere are some more faves which haven't been mentioned.

RErideD, another anime i dropped pretty quickly, the plot sounded pretty interesting and i loved either the OP or ED i forget which one but i think after the 2nd or 3rd episode it got pretty poopy
See, I have totally different tastes in anime from most people - RErideD was my favorite anime of the season it aired, so I was really hot to get that poster, it's one of my favorite of the whole lot. I generally only care for two or sometimes three anime in any given season, that I bother to eventually buy on Blu-ray, and RErideD was a Day 1 pre-order for me. I almost bought the two Japanese box sets for the series, even though they are not English friendly, because I loved the artwork on them. I may still buy them a some point, just to put the English Blu-ray discs into nicer packaging than the standard US release with slipcover.

For instance, take this season - My Dress Up Darling is a pretty hot item right now, but I can hardly stand to watch it, and am about ready to drop it, even though I was looking forward to it and really wanted to like it. Love the female lead in the show, but I can't stand the wuss-arsed male MC, and I don't find it funny at all. And, I don't think I could ever again sit through that second episode, especially.

The only shows I'm watching and really interested in this season is Love of Kill and the second season of Realist Hero, which is really getting good now.

Last edited:

To jump aboard: The King and the Clown, Masquerade, A Bittersweet Life, & The Man from Nowhere are some more faves which haven't been mentioned.

Yeah i posted all my crime thriller recommendations earlier on. I honestly fell off Korean cinema around 2013 and only seen a couple since. Used to import the Blu-rays from Korea from the likes of CJ ent but it eventually got to around £30 for a film and i just couldn't justify it any more.

Might reinvestigate it now.

Back