What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

January Week 3 Part 1 haul.

Two packages arrived between yesterday and today, both from Amazon UK. One more will arrive tomorrow but that will be covered in Part 2's haul.

3OK008wh.jpg

X3U0YqPh.jpg

TomGotPh.jpg

zZtRtPKh.jpg

First up we have more anime video games, because honestly it's been on my mind as of late for two reasons - one is that I've been interested in checking them out for a while, and the second reason is that they were released a couple of years ago.

Starting off with Black Clover: Quartet Knights which is actually the one I was more interested in playing because I enjoyed reading the first three volumes of the manga (I do own Season 1 on Blu-ray but my plan is to wait until I have all four seasons first before watching them). Weirdly this game isn't available on most of the sites I often use, so I wonder if its got stock issues or is just straight going out of print, who knows.

Next we have Jump Force, the latest J-Stars fighting game that performed badly on various factors but it's character roster is quite interesting. There is of course the bad news in which licensing issues meant that the game will be delisted in early February, so I decided to act now to avoid the price-hike of the physical releases.

And to round-off the list we have One Piece Unlimited World Red, a remaster of the original Nintendo Wii U & PlayStation 3 game. I heard this was one of the better One Piece games in recent memory so I finally picked it up. I do enjoy One Piece so I also plan to get the rest of the PS4 games I don't yet own (Burning Blood, Pirate Warriors 4, World Seeker).

OTAmMxyh.jpg

htivsRFh.jpg
BM47obGh.jpg

Thanks to the recent shonen sale, I finally picked up Hunter x Hunter Part 1 on Blu-ray. Part 2 is on its way, but for £14.99 that is quite the bargain considering each part is £40 SRP. I was actually planning to sort out Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho first but I have no problem getting HxH out of the way.
I also gave in and ordered HxH 1&2 from Amazon as they're both £14.99 now.
Something tells me though that with the sudden drop in price for most of the sets Funi will announce a complete collection soon like they have in Australia.

CEX was an absolute fail for trying to aquire season 1 LE, the one i got the art box looked so bad and no art book (so sent straight back the same day I got it). So some copies started appearing on ebay and in really nice conditons so payed a bit more than playing will Cex send me the same copy I just sent back or worse.
Although I saw S3 LE on Cex so I'm giving that a go as well, and as it actually list what is needed/included I suspect I have a better chance of getting a reasonble set, but I'll have to wait and see.
Hero Academia Season 1 LE cause I want to re-house the "Plus ultra collection" casue the word plus and ultra have nothing to do with that box set.
And well much nicer rigid art box and artbook.
20220119_130858.jpg
All I have to do now is not buy all the LE. But let's face it I'm sure I'll cave.

Last edited:
Two more anime movie posters arrived in the mail today, both of these are full-sized 27"x40" US theatrical posters.

Your Name - Funimation Films Theatrical Release Poster
Psycho-Pass The Movie - Funimation Films Theatrical Release Poster

The Your Name poster I got laminated on the front side since it is mounted in an older snap frame that doesn't have a clear cover sheet over it. The Psycho Pass Movie poster actually hung in a movie theater during it's run, so it has some edge damage and a long vertical line of wrinkles about a third of way over from the left side. Fortunately the damaged edges are covered up behind the frame and the vertical wrinkles are not that visible behind the clear cover sheet. I actually don't mind some 'war damage' on any theatrical posters that hung in a theater, I think it gives them some extra character. Sorry for the floor reflection on the plexi in the Psycho-Pass photo; I haven't had a chance to hang the new snap frames yet.

yournamemovie.jpg

psychopassmovie.jpg
akane best girl with guns
maybe tied with motoko

Finally found hibike euphonium season 2 for a somewhat reasonable price on eBay, though the import fees nudged it back up somewhat. Only part one has a case but they sent the sleeve for part 2 and they’re dvd sized so I can use an old case.

Attachments

• 5B72A1F5-6185-4C01-A1D3-4D654924C4E9.jpeg
    5B72A1F5-6185-4C01-A1D3-4D654924C4E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • C14F090D-5A36-49DF-A1BB-33FD09BED818.jpeg
    C14F090D-5A36-49DF-A1BB-33FD09BED818.jpeg
    906.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3840D746-0FC5-489B-91EC-3F45EDC2E970.jpeg
    3840D746-0FC5-489B-91EC-3F45EDC2E970.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Dude you're going to make me, or at least my wallet, cry. Plezz share some more photos of that set, thankyouplease.

Remember, YOU ASKED FOR THIS.

The back of the slipcase

20220120_100611.jpg

20220120_100631.jpg20220120_100643.jpg20220120_100706.jpg20220120_100730.jpg20220120_100802.jpg20220120_100817.jpg20220120_100852.jpg20220120_101422.jpg20220120_101454.jpg

If you want to nitpick, you can: they could've easily printed the whole thing on the inside of the digipak instead of leaving those ugly blank spaces; the episode list's design is rather crude - but that's par for the course with Dybex.

The booklet is 40 pages long, has profiles for all the main characters, episode guide, an introduction to what Shinsekai Yori is and how it came about, a bit of background artwork and some storyboards.

On the whole, it's a nice little edition for a series that deserves it and it beats having just two amarays, like the one from MVM, which is the other one I own. The price is also pretty good, at 27eur/23ish gbp. It's only three discs instead of 4 like MVM's, though

PS - the glue dots were easily the worst I've ever seen. I thought my nails were going to detach from my fingers - awful lol

Last edited:
Back