What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

NormanicGrav

How a Realist Hero Bought Too Much Anime
AUKN Staff
January Week 1 haul.

Two packaged arrived yesterday at separate times.

gZYaqNFh.jpg

1QdiIx2h.jpg

8xCj1gDh.jpg

First up we have the Nintendo Switch OLED console, which arrived a day earlier than expected. Amazon had more stock throughout this past week and thanks to payday I was able to finally order it. This is one of the big items that I wanted to acquire sooner than later, and it took this long due to other factors.

For the record, PlayStation will still be the main go-to for the games that I play and the Switch is just for the exclusives or those that make sense to acquire for that platform.

JiuSYZqh.jpg

Also arrived surprisingly was the limited edition Blu-ray release of Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 1 from Funimation & Madman. I ordered it through Madman as they were selling US stock which was a surprise because the set was out of print before its US release. This took 2 months to arrive due to COVID getting in the way of Australian shipment, but it arrived in pretty solid condition so that's good. Honestly surprised I even managed to get my hands on this set. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

jonno394

Za Warudo
I just put together a new bookcase as my collection has expanded too much. Needed a third bookshelf.

While doing that i thought I'd photo my new pick ups over the last week. Will detail them below.

IMG_20220108_154552959.jpg

Durarara X2 Ten - picked this up from animebluray.com so now i have all parts and currently part way through my watch of (what i think is) this excellent show.

Donnie Darko 4K LE - been meaning to pick this up for some time. Can't wait to rewatch this, was mad about this when it came out back in the day.

The Last Broadcast CE and Trespass CE - both from 101 films in their Black Label range, nice packaging, book and extras. TLB is an excellent found footage horror, one of the best imo, about The Jersey Devil. Trespass is a great action film about two firemen who go into gang territory to find a stash of stolen valuables.

Session 9 - From Second Sight. They do awesome Special Editions. Film is another great horror film about a cleaning crew going in to an abandoned mental asylum.

Dilinger/Robbery/The League of Gentlemen - Three standard releases. Really looking forward to watching TLoG, heard great things.

Savage Harbor - Vinegar Syndrome release. Love these editions, best slipcases in the business. probably My favourite purchase of the year as its long been OOP. Vinegar Syndrome found some more in their warehouse and put them up on New Years Day at 5am. Had to get up early and managed to snag one before it sold out within 2-3 minutes.

Last edited:

farzam1999

Completely Average High School Student
Good purchases. Daimajin box is awesome, I had hoped the Yokai Monsters one was the same style :( i've yet to actually start eitehr boxes yet though, too much to watch, too little time.
They were actually impulse buys, as someone here in Denmark was selling them secondhand. I haven’t even seen trailers or anything, currently working my way through the first Gamera box :D

jonno394

Za Warudo
They were actually impulse buys, as someone here in Denmark was selling them secondhand. I haven’t even seen trailers or anything, currently working my way through the first Gamera box :D

I've seen bits of Daimajin before, but none of Yokai Monsters. Juts wanted to support these releases from Arrow.

I'm not a big kaiju fan, especially the older ones as i just cant take them seriously ha, so have so far avoided Godzilla, Mothra and Gamera sets, though I know at some point i'll be weak!

farzam1999

Completely Average High School Student
I've seen bits of Daimajin before, but none of Yokai Monsters. Juts wanted to support these releases from Arrow.

I'm not a big kaiju fan, especially the older ones as i just cant take them seriously ha, so have so far avoided Godzilla, Mothra and Gamera sets, though I know at some point i'll be weak!
I’ve only got the Gamera Showa set and the LE of Mothra, I really like the production of them to be honest. Yes, basically everything is miniatures, but they made it really well for the time :D Really looking forward to buying the Showa Godzilla set, hopefully soon! :D

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
View attachment 22616

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this tbh, may keep it, may sell it, but it's here and it's very pretty (albeit far too big...).

It's only about an inch larger in each dimension than the Ghost in the Shell Deluxe box set, right? It should fit nicely between my copy of GitS and the JP Garden of Sinners Limited Edition big box set on my bookshelf unit - They are all of a similar size. I have the Fullmetal Alchemist Resin Gate UE set sitting on that same shelf as well.

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I received two JP imports today from Amazon.co.jp. I did the usual Newtype magazine trick for safer plank-in-the-box packing, but instead they shipped them all inside a cardboard ravioli pack. Grr! Fortunately, no dings at all on either of the box sets, so both still arrived in pristine condition.

RWBY Volume 8 First Press Limited Edition Blu-ray
Radwimps: Your Name Orchestra Concert Blu-ray

rwby8radwimps.jpg

radwimpsback.jpg

Excerpt from Your Name Orchestral Concert Blu-ray
(SPOILERS if you have yet to see the movie for some bizarre reason!):

I'm now caught up with all 8 Volumes of the First Press Limited Edition RWBY sets from Japan:

8rwbyjple.jpg

Last edited:

Stiivun

Pokémon Master
Initially I dropped Index III as it was all over the place regarding (re-)introducing characters. But when I rewatched the first two seasons of Index and then the third season right after, it made much more sense. Guess it was to long ago I watched the earlier seasons ... or I’m just getting old ;)

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I never cared for Index or Railgun, I got the Blu-rays for the first seasons of both years ago on a blind buy, watched a few episodes, and ended up selling them off right away. Did the same thing with Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer, So I can't Play H, Haganai, and Maken Ki!, all within a single month... I don't do nearly as many blind buys anymore after having to dump so many titles at once, lol. I didn't have any access to streaming back then; now I do, so I can preview series much more readily.

Last edited: