What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Birthday haul continued! I already have the US standard Discotek BD of Kaiba but decided to get the UK CE from Anime Limited anyway and it is gorgeous (I'll be selling the US BD soon), I also got this Disney calendar, upon opening it I realised it's actually not a very useful calendar but the prints are absolutely gorgeous so I'm keeping it for those XP Wanted to feel extra princessy hence the jewellery 🥰 I'm currently very interested in myths, fairy tales and folk stories so I am looking for beautifully illustrated treasuries like this one in hardcover collecting various Swedish folk and fairy tales - I haven't really read it yet as it only arrived yesterday evening but it is gorgeous visually the drawings are lovely :) Finally, Belleville Rendezvous, a film that mesmerized me as a teenager which I have finally purchased on Blu-ray, hopefully The Illusionist will get released in HD here as well soon :)

Attachments

• Kaiba Collector's Edition Blu-ray.jpg
    Kaiba Collector's Edition Blu-ray.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Disney Calendar 2022 Front Cover.jpg
    Disney Calendar 2022 Front Cover.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Disney Calendar 2022 Back Cover.jpg
    Disney Calendar 2022 Back Cover.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Muted Metallic Blue Flower Necklace.jpg
    Muted Metallic Blue Flower Necklace.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Rose Gold and Clear Crystal Flower Forest Tiara.jpg
    Rose Gold and Clear Crystal Flower Forest Tiara.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Snake Motif Gold and Clear Crystal Ring.jpg
    Snake Motif Gold and Clear Crystal Ring.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 4
  • An Illustrated Treasury of Swedish Folk and Fairy Tales - John Bauer.jpg
    An Illustrated Treasury of Swedish Folk and Fairy Tales - John Bauer.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Belleville Rendezvous:The Triplets of Belleville Blu-ray.jpg
    Belleville Rendezvous:The Triplets of Belleville Blu-ray.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 4
January Week 2 Part 2 haul.

Two packages arrived yesterday from Anime Limited, which was sooner than I had estimated so that probably means the Xmas delay on postage has probably concluded at this point.

TOw7aPfh.jpg

First up we have Masaaki Yuasa's Kaiba which came out in 2008. Discotek released the series 5 years ago so it's nice to finally have it here in the UK, and with collector's packaging. As you can suspect, it's the 'D-D-D-DISCOTEK ON AL PACKAGING' approach which is always welcome. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

xkiAuHOh.jpg

Next we have Saori Hayami being a gambler with Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler from MAPPA. As we all know, Anime Ltd licensed the series back in 2018 but Netflix started to get greedy and made their dubs expensive to license, so AL had no choice but to use the Sentai discs (the plus side to this I would say is a better subtitled translation I suppose). Like Sentai's discs, the UK disc is also Region AB or geolocked as you could say. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

Coming Soon to Grav's Collection:
Anime:
Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 1
Black Lagoon
Boogiepop Phantom
Cardcaptor Sakura
Isekai Quartet Season 1
Isekai Quartet Season 2
Josee, the Tiger & the Fish
My-HiME
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
Yona of the Dawn

Video Games:
Black Clover: Quartet Knights
Jump Force
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Record of Lodoss War ~Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth~

Damn you all, Kaiba needs to get here yesterday so I can simulbinge with myself... That is now a verb.

Does it have a metallic effect on the slipcase or am I tripping?

My condolences and also happiness on the b-day, @RadFemHedonist, I know the feeling, I'm on the way to 34 myself. Also nice gifts, treat yoself and such! EVA is indeed a murder weapon, appropriately.

Damn you all, Kaiba needs to get here yesterday so I can simulbinge with myself... That is now a verb.

Does it have a metallic effect on the slipcase or am I tripping?

My condolences and also happiness on the b-day, @RadFemHedonist, I know the feeling, I'm on the way to 34 myself. Also nice gifts, treat yoself and such! EVA is indeed a murder weapon, appropriately.

Kaiba CE does indeed have a metallic effect, it's actually quite sophisticated as well in that the part in the centre also has a glossy finish as well as the metallic underneath that, and the part at the bottom is metallic but not glossy, I was pretty impressed/taken with it! :)

I received my first of many Japanese anime release posters for my movie theater walls, and have inserted it into the B2 Snap Frame to test it out. I thought I was going to have to cut down the 20x29" poster frame to 20x28", but the B2 sized poster fits fine without being too short in the vertical dimension. This was the most expensive poster I picked up, as it is brand new, but it's also probably going to be my most favorite anime poster as well:

Garden of Words B2 Japanese Poster

b2gardenofwords.jpg

January Week 3 Part 1 haul.

Two packages arrived between yesterday and today, both from Amazon UK. One more will arrive tomorrow but that will be covered in Part 2's haul.

3OK008wh.jpg

X3U0YqPh.jpg

TomGotPh.jpg

zZtRtPKh.jpg

First up we have more anime video games, because honestly it's been on my mind as of late for two reasons - one is that I've been interested in checking them out for a while, and the second reason is that they were released a couple of years ago.

Starting off with Black Clover: Quartet Knights which is actually the one I was more interested in playing because I enjoyed reading the first three volumes of the manga (I do own Season 1 on Blu-ray but my plan is to wait until I have all four seasons first before watching them). Weirdly this game isn't available on most of the sites I often use, so I wonder if its got stock issues or is just straight going out of print, who knows.

Next we have Jump Force, the latest J-Stars fighting game that performed badly on various factors but it's character roster is quite interesting. There is of course the bad news in which licensing issues meant that the game will be delisted in early February, so I decided to act now to avoid the price-hike of the physical releases.

And to round-off the list we have One Piece Unlimited World Red, a remaster of the original Nintendo Wii U & PlayStation 3 game. I heard this was one of the better One Piece games in recent memory so I finally picked it up. I do enjoy One Piece so I also plan to get the rest of the PS4 games I don't yet own (Burning Blood, Pirate Warriors 4, World Seeker).

OTAmMxyh.jpg

htivsRFh.jpg
BM47obGh.jpg

Thanks to the recent shonen sale, I finally picked up Hunter x Hunter Part 1 on Blu-ray. Part 2 is on its way, but for £14.99 that is quite the bargain considering each part is £40 SRP. I was actually planning to sort out Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho first but I have no problem getting HxH out of the way.

Two more anime movie posters arrived in the mail today, both of these are full-sized 27"x40" US theatrical posters.

Your Name - Funimation Films Theatrical Release Poster
Psycho-Pass The Movie - Funimation Films Theatrical Release Poster

The Your Name poster I got laminated on the front side since it is mounted in an older snap frame that doesn't have a clear cover sheet over it. The Psycho Pass Movie poster actually hung in a movie theater during it's run, so it has some edge damage and a long vertical line of wrinkles about a third of way over from the left side. Fortunately the damaged edges are covered up behind the frame and the vertical wrinkles are not that visible behind the clear cover sheet. I actually don't mind some 'war damage' on any theatrical posters that hung in a theater, I think it gives them some extra character. Sorry for the floor reflection on the plexi in the Psycho-Pass photo; I haven't had a chance to hang the new snap frames yet.

yournamemovie.jpg

psychopassmovie.jpg

Back