What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

My Fed Ex Parcel finally arrive:
So if anyone wanted further confirmation of the Red and Blue boxes here it is (in spoiler tags just in case anyone doesn't want to know):

I salute you for taking a bullet for the team comrade o7

For newcomers I do see the appeal for these mystery boxes to introduce Anime TV Series/Movies. For the veterans though, it's a huge gamble either being a title you don't want or a duplicate.

Hopefully that's not the case for you and you're happy with this year's mystery boxes šŸ‘

I salute you for taking a bullet for the team comrade o7

For newcomers I do see the appeal for these mystery boxes to introduce Anime TV Series/Movies. For the veterans though, it's a huge gamble either being a title you don't want or a duplicate.

Hopefully that's not the case for you and you're happy with this year's mystery boxes šŸ‘
Well I do like my mystery bundles (The last one in Autumn which was 5 standard blu-ray was dissapointing, that one really did seem like let ditch all the hard to move stock, I think I had everything from previous sales), would have bought MVM's if they were doing one this year.
But AllTheAnime's mystery bundles for me were essentially Ā£8.50 a collector's edition (15% discount), which even waiting till a christmas sale is about the only time those prices will get any were near.
But the CE mystery bundle never really dissappiont for me.

There is a few dupes, but not all that surprising with the amount of anime I have (I think it just the 2 dupes, which isn't all that bad). There are few I may have to watch and see if I like and worth keeping but I can always sell on if I know its not my thing or even after a watch.

Last edited:
December Week 2 Part 1 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Monday-Thursday lol.

We have multiple items that had arrived due to new releases and other factors.

QWkFVlah.jpg

Starting off with the first item arrived from Anime Limited's 12 Days of Christmas 2021 sale with the collector's edition Blu-ray release of Bartender. I missed out on the early bird back in September 2020 because Gundam SEED ate my wallet and some tedious ventures with student finance. Nevertheless, it went on offer during the sale so I immediately picked it up since it was close to out of print for the past few months.

The set is Regions A & B as Anime Limited also brought the series over to US & Canada, locked subtitles. You can view photos & specs on my blog.

PjCCoQTh.jpg

Next we have more video games for the PlayStation 4 collection that arrived yesterday. From Base I ordered the remake of MediEvil and the mobile-esque remake of Secret of Mana. I never played MediEvil before but it's one of those classic PlayStation 1 games that I wanted to check out, and this remake is a good opportunity. Technically a spoiler, but the original PlayStation version is also included as a bonus. As for Secret of Mana, I did in fact play the original Super Nintendo version via Wii's Virtual Console, but I never managed to finish it. Now it's time to finally play it again, even if the artstyle and gameplay is not to everyone's tastes due to originally being released on mobile devices (though I do plan to pickup Collection of Mana for the Switch later down the line).

ylTHFJbh.jpg

Also arrived yesterday is 88 Films' limited edition Blu-ray release of Jackie Chan's 1986 film Armour of God (é¾å…„č™Žå¼Ÿ). This release is packaged similarly to The Young Master in which we have a rigid box, a big booklet with tons of dedicated info including a section covering classic Jackie Chan video games, and also artwork like posters and more. 88 does the job really well - they have even provided interesting on-disc features including a 1 hour Chinese episode of a Celebrity Talk Show that featured Jackie Chan as a guest and also multiple ways to watch the film like whether you want to listen to the Lorelei ending song or the Flight of the Dragon ending song, and more.

The set is Region B locked, has unlockable subtitles including support for Deaf & Hard of Hearing, and includes the classic English dub and International cut of the film. You can view photos & specs on my blog.

ZkDDOMMh.jpg

Next we have today's items which has taken up most of my day off.

Starting with Death Parade, the Funimation UK limited edition Blu-ray release. This arrived early and it's interesting that Funimation is even offering a UK limited edition set for this series at all, considering the US branch had one years ago. Outside of the rigid box artwork, I do think the UK version is the better presented set.

The set is Region B locked, has unlockable subtitles, and includes an English dub. You can view photos & specs on my blog.

J0uxldYh.jpg

Next we have ON-GAKU: Our Sound, the Anime Limited UK collector's edition Blu-ray & DVD release which was shop exclusive to their store. I am looking forward to watching this film because the artstyle has my curiosity. The package overall is pretty good so I'm happy about that.

The set is Region B locked, has unlockable subtitles, and is subtitled only. You can view photos & specs on my blog.

And last but not least we have the Red Mystery Box line-up from Anime Limited. This is actually the first box I ordered from them that they have done over the years. Saved a bit of money if you think about how much these would actually be if they were discounted individually.

They are spoiler-tagged because some folks don't want to be ruined by them for obvious reasons:
Lg1O9kLh.jpg

jqDXEfWh.jpg

IVQIJrth.jpg

8NROTehh.jpg

Children of the Sea collector's edition Blu-ray & DVD - You can view more photos/specs here
K Season 1 collector's edition Blu-ray - You can view more photos/specs here
Summer Days with Coo collector's edition Blu-ray & DVD - You can view more photos/specs here
Terror in Resonance collector's edition Blu-ray

So pretty much what I was after were mainly the films but K Season 1 being included was a nice bonus since I do want to complete the UK K collection. K is also a double-dip from the US version, which is fine by me as I wanted the Region B discs this time around.

The only duplicate is Terror in Resonance but it's not an exact duplicate because I own the Ultimate Edition release, not the Collector's Edition. The booklet is disappointing though because it only covers the introduction scene and not the whole episode.

Back