What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

20211209_205511.jpg

I just decided to ignore all timeline and continuity nonsense and will try to get Gundam stories that could mostly be enjoyed on their own. I need mechas blowing themselves up in my life. This if the FR edition. The first 4 Origin movies are also coming as well as both Thunderbolt movies. I'll try to get AL's CE of Unicorn and try to track down 00 and maybe IBO.

Liz and the Blue Bird I got for a ridiculous 11 eur, couldn't pass up on that. Got Sound Euphonium FR CE on the way, as well.

I recieved this one in the mail today, from Hong Kong:

Neon Genesis Evangelion – Hong Kong Collector's Edition (Region A, with English Subtitles)

Keeping with a similar theme as other region's Evangelion Collector's Editions, the box and cases are very minimalistic. The 16 art cards printed on heavy stock are actually 'bound' into a booklet form, although it appears the booklet is made to be able to pull the cards out if you wanted them separate, like the mild glue holding the pages of a writing tablet together. One nice thing which someone had complained about regarding the group photo, where half of the image was printed on the front and and half on the back of the same card, so you couldn't put the image together - this set has a double-width card perforated down the middle that folds out from the book, so the image is fully intact (see the last photo).

evahk1.jpg

evahk2.jpg

evahk3.jpg

evahk4.jpg

evahk5.jpg

@Girls with Guns I'd be interested to know how the disc contents differ from the Anime Ltd/Gkids releases on the HK set if you have the time to compare at some point. I'd assume there would be no dub but does it have any different features? Would also be curious to know if it uses the same subs as the UK/US releases.

Been a while since I had anything arrive, but here is the Death Parade LE I got from UP1 :)

E0mNpPn.jpg

Love that hype! Eager to watch it, but I think I'll do so only after Euphonium. Didn't know Kensuke Ushio did the music for this, it makes it that much better!

I've seen all of this recently, personally I would watch main show + final film of the main show. Then I would wait a bit, at least a month or so before watching Liz and the Bluebird. I think I would have appreciated it a little more had I done that, as it's kind of standalone and a bit of a different art style to it, it doesn't need to be watched at the same time as the main series does imo.

It looks nice.
Might as well region double dip my Rosario + Vampire soon since I have the US releae currently.
It's literally the exact same discs, down to the funimation logo and trailers at the beginning.

It's a good release and £33 for 24eps is pretty good but unless you just want it for the better quality artwork insert and amaray case save your money and wait until its on sale.

(I bought my brother the US version a few months back and I know how cheap quality the paper & box used are!)

It's literally the exact same discs, down to the funimation logo and trailers at the beginning.

It's a good release and £33 for 24eps is pretty good but unless you just want it for the better quality artwork insert and amaray case save your money and wait until its on sale.

(I bought my brother the US version a few months back and I know how cheap quality the paper & box used are!)
How's the inside artwork and discs like for the MVM version, Rosario+Vampire is one of those series I'm definitely interested in checking out sooner than later.

View attachment 22083

I just decided to ignore all timeline and continuity nonsense and will try to get Gundam stories that could mostly be enjoyed on their own. I need mechas blowing themselves up in my life. This if the FR edition. The first 4 Origin movies are also coming as well as both Thunderbolt movies. I'll try to get AL's CE of Unicorn and try to track down 00 and maybe IBO.

Liz and the Blue Bird I got for a ridiculous 11 eur, couldn't pass up on that. Got Sound Euphonium FR CE on the way, as well.
That Liz and the Bluebird set looks beautiful. I have to get around to watching it on the blu-ray player I finally got for my computer for my imported region 1 stuff, a lot of the Kyoani series of which coincidentally now seem to be getting uk releases eg air, kanon and Nichijou. Surely some kind soul will pick this up locally also? Given how well reviewed cryptically this is and how good the series is, I'm gobsmacked that this still has no UK release, and likewise also season 2 and the follow up movie...
I love that movie. It's probably my favourite thing that KyoAni have made, with the Sound! Euphonium TV series being a close second.
Ah man, my expectations have been built up over the years for this which is never a fair starting point for watching anything so will have to temper them before I get to it heh.
I recieved this one in the mail today, from Hong Kong:

Neon Genesis Evangelion – Hong Kong Collector's Edition (Region A, with English Subtitles)

Keeping with a similar theme as other region's Evangelion Collector's Editions, the box and cases are very minimalistic. The 16 art cards printed on heavy stock are actually 'bound' into a booklet form, although it appears the booklet is made to be able to pull the cards out if you wanted them separate, like the mild glue holding the pages of a writing tablet together. One nice thing which someone had complained about regarding the group photo, where half of the image was printed on the front and and half on the back of the same card, so you couldn't put the image together - this set has a double-width card perforated down the middle that folds out from the book, so the image is fully intact (see the last photo).

evahk1.jpg

evahk2.jpg

evahk3.jpg

evahk4.jpg

evahk5.jpg
Lovely set, very similar to the Japanese standard set isn't it? Loving the jet black cases with the minimalist bright blue text.
I've seen all of this recently, personally I would watch main show + final film of the main show. Then I would wait a bit, at least a month or so before watching Liz and the Bluebird. I think I would have appreciated it a little more had I done that, as it's kind of standalone and a bit of a different art style to it, it doesn't need to be watched at the same time as the main series does imo.
Hmmm I was thinking I would re-watch the series and fit in the movie in chronological order to get a better feel for the movie's protagonists as they do feature heavily in season 2, if I remember correctly. Or I may just watch the movie on its own, having watched the series already a little while back.

Back