What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Beastars Season 1 OST CD (used my ANIMEUNLIMITED discount code to purchase)
Aria the Animation/Aria Season 1 BD (preordered during the Anime-On-Line Early Bird)

And all of the following, secondhand from CEX and more than 50% of the price paid with store credit

The Adventures of Prince Achmed BD
The Emperor's New Groove BD
Ice Age BD
The Iron Giant BD
Lilo and Stitch BD
Onward BD

Thanks to the lovely postie for bringing all that! :)

P83HCHqh.jpg

Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 arrived today from Amazon US since it dropped in price to about £52. Still expensive but it's better than paying £60+. Part 1 is the UK version which arrived earlier in the week. I plan to get Season 2 at a later point with the same approach. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

xkpW9hUh.jpg

ul3Puuph.jpg

z7xhAVch.jpg

Also arrived is an upgrade from my old Sony Bravia 32" LCD HDTV to an LG C1 48" OLED 4KTV. This is the first phase of my haul upgrade thanks to being able to get a new job. The other phases include a replacement bookshelf and additional rows, more games consoles and other mini-tidbits over the course of the coming months. The new TV supports 4K, 120hz, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and looks pretty good on older games consoles as well as anime on Blu-ray.

WjBxm8dh.jpg

Arrived last Saturday was the Anime Unlimited Membership magazine which was Scotland Loves Anime 2021 focused. I was busy with work so I only had until now to actually post it lol.

Received Aria the Animation today.
aria.jpg

By the way be sure to watch Sato-Jun's Venice, I'm sorry! part 1-6, included in the extra menus across the three discs, after you have watched the entire season. They're really funny documentaries showing behind the scenes and their trip to Venice. e.g. you get to see them visiting various real world locations that were recreated for the anime.

IMAG0183.jpg
Arrow's new box set of the 1968 Yokai trilogy (yes, all three films were released in the same year), and the 2005 Takashi Miike remake of Spook Warfare. I've had the old US DVDs for two films from the original trilogy for years, but they became crazy expensive after they went out of print, so I've never seen Spook Warfare or its remake.

If you have any interest in Japanese folklore, these movies are a must have.

View attachment 21311
Arrow's new box set of the 1968 Yokai trilogy (yes, all three films were released in the same year), and the 2005 Takashi Miike remake of Spook Warfare. I've had the old US DVDs for two films from the original trilogy for years, but they became crazy expensive after they went out of print, so I've never seen Spook Warfare or its remake.

If you have any interest in Japanese folklore, these movies are a must have.
Nice forgot that it was coming out, Will have to grab it

Today I have two items.

1bsXpN6h.jpg

cbQrP8Ph.jpg
bvqPF0Rh.jpg
z6nOSCzh.jpg
y0owyk1h.jpg
pxxOkFTh.jpg
vcx0Oh5h.jpg
5HQG9uNh.jpg
0zYYoDdh.jpg

The first is Toshiaki Toyoda: 2005-2021 Box Set from distributor Third Window Films. This is the second collection of films from director Toshiaki Toyoda's filmography, this time featuring 6 films! The discs are region B and the subtitles are unlockable during playback.

u9iwV9jh.jpg

The first disc includes Hanging Garden with bonus features; a full-length commentary from Toshiaki Toyoda himself, a 29 min Making of Hanging Garden, and 30 mins of Deleted Scenes.

YYZhI8ch.jpg

The second disc includes Monsters Club, Day of Destruction, Wolf's Calling and Go Seppukku Yourself with bonus features; a full-length commentary from Jasper Sharp, an 8 min Making of Monsters Club, 12 min Interview with Toshiaki Toyoda, Monsters Club Teaser trailer, Day of Destruction Trailer and Wolf's Calling Teaser trailer.

Ve4xSx8h.jpg

The third disc includes I'm Flash with bonus features; a full-length commentary from Tom Mes, a 20 min Making of I'm Flash, and a 19 min Interview with Toshiaki Toyoda.

The box set catches well with the first collection, and Third Window Films is going to be offering a similar style to the upcoming Nobuhiko Obayashi Anti-War Trilogy box set this December. You can order these films over on Terracotta.

jKL4ONih.jpg

cGRzvRYh.jpg
Yn2YQqCh.jpg
9q5OaYRh.jpg
zOn1ip5h.jpg
VoIN5yYh.jpg

Also arrived today is Yusibu from MVM Entertainment. Since we're nearing the Christmas season I figured some of the DOTW titles will likely not show up and this series has been on my radar so I went for it.

fnKWsMNh.jpg
QjyqZUGh.jpg
xYIZoyJh.jpg

Last edited:
PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」

No large drops today with only a UHD-BD and PS4 Import Game

💢ANIME

View attachment 21177

🎮 GAME

View attachment 21176
Except the Illustration B2 Wall Scroll the JP set is surprisingly dull compared to the EU Limited Edition. A moment of silence to those who believe Japanese game CE/LE is always superior 🛐

PACKAGE DROP
「week start ver.」

2021 still no official translation for Tsukihime (even Fate/SN). Nice one TYPE-MOON 👍 Collector's Ed is pretty lackluster as well though the bonus is still appreciated so it's cool.

DQ XI S + Aria to complement today's package arrival.

💢 ANIME / GAME 🎮

IMG_20211019_185520.jpg

Last edited:
Back