What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

You can get Dave mustanes dean guitar rust in piece Flying V. Man what I'd give to see megadeth live again and remember see them for the time when they played in London see dave mustane play the solo to holy wars up close blow my mind.
Hmm just had a look and while I'm sure it's probably a great guitar the shape puts me right off. Not too big of a fan of those sharp angle body shapes. The rounder Manson shape is more appealing to me

I never knew there were so many Jackie Chan blu-rays. Perhapes I should go about upgrading my old DVD's lol
They are some of the best DVD to Blu ray upgrades I've ever seen. 88 Films genuinely went all out on these editions.
Also I hope you're not too bothered about getting the initial print run versions with the slipcovers as they are going for ridiculous prices!!

A21wmN8h.jpg

Lo Wei's Spiritual Kung Fu feat. Jackie Chan has arrived earlier today from 88 Films.

ElF-CTtXUAAo0Zv

Arriving today was a CeX order because it went out of print and sold out virtually everywhere pretty fast. Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen, a PS4 remake of the original eroge visual novel is here and in like new solid condition which is really impressive for CeX standards (they do have 2 copies left at the time of this write-up if you are after it also).

ElF-ElNXEAAE-5Y

I can now start the series yay.

I would have argued Zan to be rather pointless (unless you're super into the gaming part) but at least it has a nice cover and Kotawari is a pretty nice song. (I really like its instrumental menu version rendering, too.)

What are these games like btw? I didn't realise there were so many entries
Utawarerumono is a well-known visual novel franchise that started off as an eroge just like Fate/Stay Night, Kanon, Muv-Luv and others. It also includes strategy RPG elements throughout but for the most part it's a visual novel.

Prelude to the Fallen is a remake of the original.
Mask of Deception is the second game in the series.
Mask of Truth is the third game (though some would say it's like a Part 2 to Mask of Deception) in the series.
Zan is a spin-off action game based on Mask of Deception but not necessarily needed for the story.

What are these games like btw? I didn't realise there were so many entries
To add on Grav's notes: The startoff being originall and eroge is also a reason, why Prelude is somewhat fairly diffrent than the rest. The sex scenes are now gone, but the (sometimes a lil bit feeling forced to dumb) situations leading to them are still there and now not making particular much sense. The one where it actually made sense (and more or less is actually still needed to be happening, plot linking wise) got its scenes skipped too, and not with particuliarly a whole lot ambigruous implication of it happening. As is, you have to swallow that it apparatenly happend somewhen somehow off screen now.

Deception and Truth came 10 years later, they are also fairly diffrent in tone and narrative and pacing, with having a diffrent main cast, diffrent initial setting and all (but same world and plots are linked.) As such Deception is actually quite beginner friendly, though knowing Prelude you get some of the references much more.
Truth being more like a Part 2 of Deception is definitely fairly true. Part 2 leads seamlessly into Part 3, unlike Prelude, which take place some 2 decades (at least) before Deception.

Zan being a Spin off is not entirely untrue, but I would rather call at a badly abridged game focused summary version of Deception. It doesn't add anything to the plot as you usually would think a spin off would do.
Basically it probably just wanted to give those, who wanted more game parts some more game experience and didn't even bother to integrate the VN parts again. (Most are just summarized like "a fierce xyz happened and suddenly they's in the next plot stage.) But then, they also didn't skip it completely, so the scenes which stayed 1:1 now feel like a total pace breaker. (And ugly to look at, too, since instead of the artspreads you get uncanny 3D faces trying to replicate the,.)

Other than that it is wise to avoid anything about ZAN's promotional material, if you want to avoid getting spoiled. The ending of Deception is literally the the first 5 seconds of Zan's opening and they placed scenes the biggest plot direction changing segment right into PV's.

On a P.S. note, anyone who wants to get into it, but doesn't want to deal with that Prelude being OOP or waiting for steam - it's plenty fine to just watch Anime S1 (with Funi) and jump to the Masks games. (There is just a very little scene they left out which would have linked it better to Deception, but you can still put 1 and 1 togethter yourself.)
S1 in generall is a pretty faithful adaption and also counts as some sort of cult classic anime wise.
(Unfotunately not even remotely the case for S2, that's more of a borked adaption than not. But it still did its job of getting me hooked into the franchise, so I guess its existence has had a point.)

Back