What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

From Right Stuf.

FxYRCsQ.jpg

6HU3EwXh.jpg

The Aniplex of Japan release for Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] II. Lost Butterfly has arrived from Amazon Japan. This is the regular limited edition version rather than the other shop exclusive variants out there (because they were 2000 to 3000 Yen more for little extra). I will be watching this tonight to avoid any further spoilers and also because I am quite looking forward to seeing what happens. Of course to no one's surprise I have also unboxed this over on my blog, however I am providing a bit of a spoiler warning because there's some artwork on there that may be considered as a spoiler (primarily Alter Saber but I did my best to pick the artbook pages that didn't show anything else).

This is not the only Japanese import I have coming for those interested, the other one had a delay in shipping but it should be here in a few days. Prepare your idol sticks.

qrfWmgRh.jpg

JgaKkR1h.jpg

Also arrived a few days ago was the fourth light novel volume for ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest. I picked this one up as I fear the anime is going to rush so far into this volume's territory which in theory it wasn't supposed to until they decided to cram the second volume into a span of 2 episodes.

Last edited:
I dont know if Jiro Taniguchi is famous within this forum but I like his work a lot. He sadly passed away in 2017 but due to the slow yet steady releases coming out I am still finding new and interesting material.

Besides the Berserk Ultimate Vol1, I continued the Trouble is my business series. It is about a melancholic private detective in Japan. Taniguchi´s style is the opposite of what is currently considered en vogue and it seems very European. He also focuses on more grounded topics. I like this approach a lot because when I am watching some giant robots battling it out on TV, sometimes a little different tone is kinda welcome :)DSC_0393.JPG

I dont know if Jiro Taniguchi is famous within this forum but I like his work a lot. He sadly passed away in 2017 but due to the slow yet steady releases coming out I am still finding new and interesting material.

Besides the Berserk Ultimate Vol1, I continued the Trouble is my business series. It is about a melancholic private detective in Japan. Taniguchi´s style is the opposite of what is currently considered en vogue and it seems very European. He also focuses on more grounded topics. I like this approach a lot because when I am watching some giant robots battling it out on TV, sometimes a little different tone is kinda welcome :)View attachment 10364
I reviewed Jiro Taniguchi’s western manga Sky Hawk recently for AUKN and it had great art and tight storytelling. I’m keen on checking out some more of his works.

Besides the Berserk Ultimate Vol1, I continued the Trouble is my business series. It is about a melancholic private detective in Japan. Taniguchi´s style is the opposite of what is currently considered en vogue and it seems very European. He also focuses on more grounded topics. I like this approach a lot because when I am watching some giant robots battling it out on TV, sometimes a little different tone is kinda welcome :)View attachment 10364
Hands up. I'm a reader!
And for that title exactly the same publisher, too, lol. (The release cycles of it are terror though,)

Definitely one skillful artist across the board.
Albeit I can't say, I really like all his stuff (Icaro was, uh, strange?) and somehow nothing from him has ever personally deeply resonated with me. But many of his have left quite a deep impression.
Inu wo Kau is one work I would decidedly call out to be a must-read for anyone playing around with the idea of getting a dog (or perhaps even any pet). (And I could even care less about dogs, as I don't like them.)
Still only though half of his bibliography, but Ryouken Tantei/Der Jäger is probably my favorite of his.

I reviewed Jiro Taniguchi’s western manga Sky Hawk recently for AUKN and it had great art and tight storytelling. I’m keen on checking out some more of his works.

Ah shoot, I totally forgot! I read your review but registered in the forum 5 days afterwards. I couldnt make the connection . :)
Yes, you should definitely have a look into the other works. Maybe start with Luna´s suggestion Ryouken Tantei (dont know if that is out in English) or my personal favourit the summit of the gods.

Hands up. I'm a reader!
And for that title exactly the same publisher, too, lol. (The release cycles of it are terror though,)

Definitely one skillful artist across the board.
Albeit I can't say, I really like all his stuff (Icaro was, uh, strange?) and somehow nothing from him has ever personally deeply resonated with me. But many of his have left quite a deep impression.
Inu wo Kau is one work I would decidedly call out to be a must-read for anyone playing around with the idea of getting a dog (or perhaps even any pet). (And I could even care less about dogs, as I don't like them.)
Still only though half of his bibliography, but Ryouken Tantei/Der Jäger is probably my favorite of his.

I was standing in front of a collection of Taniguchi Mangas in a store on Monday and couldnt decide if I am taking Ryouken Tantei with me or not. I dont know the story but it looked like something I would enjoy. Good to know that you would also recommend it!!

Hey, maybe I should start a Thread for this guy as it seems there is at least a little bit of interest in this forum and this picture/photo thread wont get a Taniguchi overflow. ;)

Back