What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

@Aaron - Monster Rancher - I remember watching that one years ago! Not a classic by any means, but still enjoyable enough 🙂👍
I've got a confession...I've never actually seen it! 🙈 I always wanted to watch it and I had a big drinking glass with that eye guy on it years ago, but I've not seen a single second of the show before.

I do love all the Pokemon/Digimon/Beyblade/Bakugan type stuff though, so I'm pretty sure I'll like MR!

@Denny Fisher - you might already know (and I'm not sure if you're into importing), but Discotek have released the first three Beyblade series on SD BD over the past couple of months. They're near the top of my current "to get" list, along with their Dinosaur King and Reborn releases.

I've got a confession...I've never actually seen it! 🙈 I always wanted to watch it and I had a big drinking glass with that eye guy on it years ago, but I've not seen a single second of the show before.

I do love all the Pokemon/Digimon/Beyblade/Bakugan type stuff though, so I'm pretty sure I'll like MR!

@Denny Fisher - you might already know (and I'm not sure if you're into importing), but Discotek have released the first three Beyblade series on SD BD over the past couple of months. They're near the top of my current "to get" list, along with their Dinosaur King and Reborn releases.

So pretty much titles I grew up on. Great choices.

I do import but only region B and geolocked titles.
Hopefully we'll get some of those titles over here.

image.jpg
Got this off eBay for around £10, artwork has French on it since it’s the Canadian release but it was cheap and doesn’t come in an oversized case like the UK version does. The discs are the same as the US release anyway.

E18947E3-C970-4947-9EC9-7F4BD29BB35D.jpeg
Amazon order came through. I decided to get a few items on the wish list that have been sitting there for a while with the fiver off deal. The blu ray slip cover has noticeable damage on the back tho, so I’ve emailed amazon about that to see what they say about it.

02TgPvB.jpg

It's been two years since I last attended MCM Comic Con and I tagged along with my friends from the anime society to Birmingham. Given recent events I had to budget myself but I picked up some good titles.

qZpUk4N.jpg

So Funimation botched the Blu-ray transfer for Assassination Classroom Season 2 and never bothered to correct their mistake so eventually Anime Limited carried over their discs for the UK version. As Season 2 also never went on sale back in Christmas I was surprised to see them priced at £20 per part at the Manga Entertainment booth so I got them when I first saw them.

f98WAS3.jpg

Hyouka Part 2 I never picked up back when it was available as a early bird due to June 2018's schedule being packed. Eventually Part 1 ended up under the 'soon to be OOP' banner, which meant that Part 2 probably won't last that long. I found it in the Manga Entertainment booth for £30 and picked it up. Now I can binge the series when I can.

MX118zD.jpg

Kiznaiver was the first item I picked up at the convention, via the Anime Limited booth (Keith was there). Before buying it I did ask him if they had the Shop Exclusive Artbook which they did so that was neat for the £35 price point.

ka43WJL.jpg

To be honest I wasn't motivated to go after the Aniplex volumes for Nisekoi Season 2 mostly because of the reception it had received in contrast as well as how AOA handled the release (pretty barebones like Season 1 was) so I wasn't fussed when those sets sold out. KAZE released it in the UK and it was said to be a decent release so I waited to see if it was cheap at MCM. It was available for £10 per part so I picked up both parts at the Manga Entertainment booth. As KAZE has been rather ambiguous on how long the sets last I got them now than later just in case the UK sets sold out. Also I had no idea each set included some postcards.

zsdJVcl.jpg

Sound! Euphonium Season 1 I enjoyed when I watched it years back and I picked it up before the MCM day concluded at the Anime Limited booth for £35. According to Keith, they're still looking into acquiring Season 2, but who knows to be honest.

Overall, a good haul. The Anime Limited Christmas sale did help me out a lot on the older backlog so in this haul it was mostly myself focusing on some select titles that were at a good price or the same price as prior that I was fine with. Would have gotten more, but as you know I was made redundant last month so that was ridiculously poor timing.

Great haul NormanicGrav. In fact I'm rewatching some series like Girls und Panzer, K-ON, and Snafu (sorry Lemon :p). Hyouka is most definitely on the short list to rewatch, as I really enjoyed it myself.

So my haul of the last two weeks. First last week was slow as i only got the French steelbook release of Project Itoh: Genocidal Organ. This to have a consistent steelbook set of all Project Itoh films as sadly Anime Ltd. lost/never got the license for Genocidal Organ.

Now just had to wait for a low price on the US version of Genocidal Organ to swap out the discs, and yesterday was the day as Genocidal Organ is now C$16,99 on amazon.ca so i've ordered it there.

Then this week i received three packages;
Citrus, Konohana Kitan, Haikara-San: Here Comes Miss Modern: Part One, and Code Geass Movie Trulogy steelbook from UP1USA.

Secondly from base.com i got Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Assassination Classroom: 365 Days' Time, and Mob Psycho 100 (i sadly missed out on the US LE edition). These three came in a regular brown package and the cases ... well as you can see in the photo they're pretty much smashed to bits. So need to order some replacement cases to replace the broken ones.

And then lastly a package came from Amazon JP, and as always between shipment and arrival there were exactly two days. No damage here as Amazon JP use the cardboard plank in box package :cool:
The four JP titles i got are True Tears 10 Anniversary Blu-ray BOX, Non Non Biyori: Vacation, Ponoc Short Films Theatre, Volume 1 - Modest Heroes, and last but certainly not least The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Hmm, got a manga from UP1 thats all marked and sticky

I've sold manga in (what I'd consider) "acceptable" condition better than that -_-

Not sure about complaining as I've purchased a LOT from them over the years. Just kinda gross tbh

Back