What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received yesterday evening from UP1USA, both sets of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood from Aniplex. Although i already have the FUNimation release for these, the Aniplex release certainly has the better PQ compared to the earlier release and also a better package altogether. OK these come with a pretty hefty price tag, but there are just some shows which i want the best release for.

Also received the complete collection for Concrete Revolutio.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg
Price tag isn't much more than the volume sets Manga put out tbf 5x£35(£175) vs 2x~£90(~£180). Surprisingly reasonable by AoA standards.

Price tag isn't much more than the volume sets Manga put out tbf 5x£35(£175) vs 2x~£90(~£180). Surprisingly reasonable by AoA standards.

I'd argue the pricing of a new release and the pricing of a release that's been on the market for the better part of a decade kind of skews this. There's a reason the UK complete collection can be had for like ~£40 now.

4A5D8B4B-94BC-4EA3-B75B-7991B9FEB03E.jpeg
Only one duplicate in Heaven’s Lost Property Series One so if anyone is looking for a copy I’m happy to sell.

I'd argue the pricing of a new release and the pricing of a release that's been on the market for the better part of a decade kind of skews this. There's a reason the UK complete collection can be had for like ~£40 now.
True. The same complaints were made over the cost of Anime Limiteds releases of FMA 03 vs Funimations though which wasn't entirely fair.

Last edited:
In America it’s far cheaper than what people were scalping and paying for FMAB. The show is well loved and I’m sure this gonna end one of AoA best sellers and I love my part 1 already top 5 sets I own (western) . It’s meant for hardcore as it’s streaming everywhere

That still makes it cost far more than your average anime release, although I'll grant you, it isn't as expensive as it could have been.
In America it’s far cheaper than what people were scalping and paying for FMAB. The show is well loved and I’m sure this gonna end one of AoA best sellers and I love my part 1 already top 5 sets I own (western) . It’s meant for hardcore as it’s streaming everywhere

I picked up both Aniplex box sets of FMA:B for $79.99 each at Tokyo Otaku Mode during their 20% Off sale, and I sold off my Funimation two-part Blu-ray set for $60, so the two Aniplex sets basically cost me only $99.98 total, or about £78. I'm good with that. I do still own Funi's original 5-part Blu-rays as a backup. I love the metallic-finish side-load slipboxes Funi used for those, so I didn't want to part with them. But the AoA box sets are exceptionally nice, as are the challenge coins that came with them.

My only complaint was with TOM itself, who are secondary sellers for Aniplex titles and so don't get their stock until weeks after the release date - so even though I pre-odered them back in September, I had to wait an extra 5 weeks to receive them. 7 weeks for Fate/Apocyrpha Set 1, but I did get both parts of that AoA release for 20% Off as well.

Last edited:
IMG_1929.JPGA friend of mine restores old fountain pens and she helped me find one I liked the look of for myself and fixed it up. It's an old Sheaffer Snorkel. I'm hoping that now I'll do more note taking when doing my reviews and such and since I've been learning Japanese I wanted something that was a bit better suited to writing out the kana, which a fountain pen is. :)

I got my Mystery box from MVM today like others here. Buying these has almost doubled my meager collection lol.

As for what was included I'm not sure that Love and Lies and Skip Beat appeal to me to be honest.

Back