What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I would post pictures, but Amazon US shipped my hardback book in a jiffy bag and you can guess how that turned out.

So I've just written an essay to their customer service explaining all the damaged and complained about the use of jiffy bags...

I knew they were cheaping out on packaging. Thats fine so long as they're happy to take responsibility

After all of that I got one of the most generic email replies from Customer services:
To help compensate for the inconvenience, I've requested a partial refund of $xx for the item. This refund will appear in the next 3-5 business days as a credit on the original payment method used for the order.

The original payment method was Credit Card.

Then my refund email:
Goodwill Refund: GBPxx
We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):
Gift Card: GBPxx

I guess I got at least something, but I really don't want to buy anything else from Amazon US now so not sure what to do with money on my account

After all of that I got one of the most generic email replies from Customer services:
To help compensate for the inconvenience, I've requested a partial refund of $xx for the item. This refund will appear in the next 3-5 business days as a credit on the original payment method used for the order.

Then my refund email:

I guess I got at least something, but I really don't want to buy anything else from Amazon US now so not sure what to do with money on my account
That sucks. They shipped my copy of the Destiny Grimoire on a vac sealed card with bubble packs in a big box. Though the book is big, page size is larger than a 9.7 inch iPad.

Then my refund email:

Talk to live chat and just keep demanding a replacement or full refund. Also I'm pretty sure you can't substitute a monetary refund for a gift card under uk law, at least that's what I always push and it seems to work :p.

Talk to live chat and just keep demanding a replacement or full refund. Also I'm pretty sure you can't substitute a monetary refund for a gift card under uk law, at least that's what I always push and it seems to work :p.
I'm under the impression that unless the original payment method can be proven (i.e via a reciept), then it has to go onto a gift card. I believe that even an invalid recepit (i.e one that has expired) can still count in exceptional circumstances, so long as it confirms the purchase. But I'm no expert and it is going back some time now since I worked in retail! 😃 😄 😅

I think generally one has to just look at the circumstances and treat each situation as you see fit while at the same time trying to comply with company policy; it can indeed be tricky though as some customers insist on making things difficult! 🤣

You're probably right but live chat always struggle with complicated situations because most of them seem have a very small English vocabulary so they just pick up on certain words and the longer you keep them in a session with you the more likely they are to give you what you want (in my experience). I think they are only allocated a set amount of time per person really and most of them daren't leave early for fear of negative feedback.

I never accept gift balance from amazon or anyone as a refund or partial refund but I rarely use Amazon themselves now as I don't agree with a lot of their business habits.

I think it would only be sensible for me to not us Amazon US anymore. I've sent a quick email asking for some clarity (Not asking for anything more, just clarification between the original email from CS and the Refund Email)

I think I'm going to burn the gift card on Manga and stick to Amazon UK, Rightstuf or UP1 from now on

Edit: Nope, they wont do anything. They have already given me a partial refund so there is nothing more they will do.

Wont be buying anything from Amazon US anymore

Last edited:
Not really much that can be done then. If they'd required a return before refunding you they have no choice to to return the money to your card, since they're essentially giving back "X" amount albeit in gift card form which they aren't legally required to do you can't really argue the point.

Received the rest of my order from AL with some rather 'spacious' packing... no wonder it's taking forever if they're all in boxes this size haha

Edit. Forgot still waiting on mystery box 2.
20190104_093849.jpg

Last order from MVM and Momo from eBay.

1CZqSdr.jpg

Back