What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

pzMt4fF.jpg

A 3TB hard drive since I was starting to run out of space along with a 3.5" to 5.25" adapter which turned out to be useless as I would have had to remove to power supply to put the drive into the spare 5.25" bay.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1 & 2 from anime-store.fr I thought this was in their sale, but it's still €30. Came nice and quick and safe. I even got an email from PDP yesterday to ask if I needed to change my delivery address/date, etc. Has English language audio only, so no use to subbers (unless you know French!)

_20180222_165010.JPG

DSC_1341.JPG

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1 & 2 from anime-store.fr. Has English language audio only, so no use to subbers (unless you know French!)

That is why the Korean Blu-ray Box sets for SAC and 2nd Gig are so highly desirable - They have both the English dub and a very decent English sub track - along with a direct port of the JP-quality video on Blu-ray.

Thankfully they are a great alternative to the shite that was dished out on the US Blu-rays.

That is why the Korean Blu-ray Box sets for SAC and 2nd Gig are so highly desirable - They have both the English dub and a very decent English sub track - along with a direct port of the JP-quality video on Blu-ray.

Thankfully they are a great alternative to the shite that was dished out on the US Blu-rays.
Can't afford £150! These came to c. £35 with p&p. They're only DVD, but I hope the curse of being me strikes again and a UK Blu-ray collection gets announced next week 😄

For example I brought FMA (03) only for it to start streaming on Netflix about a week later!

Can't afford £150! These came to c. £35 with p&p. They're only DVD, but I hope the curse of being me strikes again and a UK Blu-ray collection gets announced next week 😄

For example I brought FMA (03) only for it to start streaming on Netflix about a week later!
If a U.K. Release got announced I'd be beside myself, but it's unlikely to happen so your DVDs are safe for now!

Bit of a weird shape though
Those would drive me up the goddamn wall. I don't like plastic bricks at the best of times (it's what's putting me off buying the complete Star Trek: TNG Blu-ray collection despite its very reasonable price) but plastic bricks with a stupid shape that don't fit in with anything else on the shelf? Argh.

Also, French spines that read top to bottom? What weirdness is this?

Also, French spines that read top to bottom? What weirdness is this?
I guess because they're the French release by Beez (European arm of an American company) of the Anime Legends brand. The PlanetES and Witch Hunter Robin collections that I got from Luna are both the same! Although they both have English subs as well. I wonder if the same thing happens with @Anime/AL releases?

got these blurays a couple of days ago, the 2 Little Witch Academia blurays arrived in just a envelope no padding at all and both had some dents which was surprising from Amazon Japan as normally really well packed so contacted them about it and got a full refund which wasn't expecting so i reinvested it back on their site to get vol 5 and 9 now that they're back instock also have vol 4 on the way from ebay so just need vol 8 to complete the set :)

IMG_20180222_212729.jpg

IMG_20180222_212729b.jpg

IMG_20180222_212729c.jpg

Long time ago since i last placed pictures here of what i received, mainly due to time constraints. So i'm trying to change this again and share what i got. So this week i got Kuromukuro Volume 1 & 2, Kizumonogatari Part 3 and Tales of Zestiria LE from UP1USA

1k0.jpg

got these blurays a couple of days ago, the 2 Little Witch Academia blurays arrived in just a envelope no padding at all and both had some dents which was surprising from Amazon Japan as normally really well packed so contacted them about it and got a full refund which wasn't expecting so i reinvested it back on their site to get vol 5 and 9 now that they're back instock also have vol 4 on the way from ebay so just need vol 8 to complete the set :)

Yeah, Amazon JP finally started going cheap on their packing like The-Rest-of-the-World Amazon, back around the beginning of summer last year. I had to deal with returns on two of my Amazon JP orders with LE anime last summer because of the shipping damage from the worthless padded envelopes they started using. Now whenever I buy anime from them, I always include one of those over-sized magazines like NewType in my order, which forces them to pack the order in a box with the shrink-wrapped cardboard plank. The magazine is only ¥800, and included a lot of nice swag itself, like clear files, posters, and/or stickers - and a couple centerfold-type two-page images that sometimes can be worthy of framing. So I think it's definitely worth it for the goodies and the piece of mind. And congrats on getting the LWA releases, I have all 9 volumes myself!

Anyway, I received these two back on Tuesday, but just now finally had the time to get a photo out - One Punch Man LE from Amazon US, and the JP Angel's Egg Blu-ray from a member on another anime forum:

1punchegg.jpg

image.jpg
DeepDiscount CS did a stock check for copies with slips and apparently The Cat Returns had them so I'll have to see what they say.

Back