What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

36161206992_bcdded36ec_b.jpg

From @Luna

Got my copy of Your Name, but I can't say I'm too happy about the condition its in.

I probably won't send it back because I imagine that process is a nightmare considering it came from Japan, but I'm pretty bummed about it.
As it's a Japanese release I'm assuming it wasn't cheap. Assuming it wasn't I would be looking to sort out a replacement.

What did they ship it in?

Last edited:
It cost ~£60. They shipped it in a bubble mailer.
A bubble mailer, what is wrong with some of these companys and their shipping packaging. A box like that has a high chance of damage in a bubble mailer, especially coming all the way from Japan. That should be sent in a card box with some sort of padding added inside to add protection and to stop it moving about.

A bubble mailer, what is wrong with some of these companys and their shipping packaging. A box like that has a high chance of damage in a bubble mailer, especially coming all the way from Japan. That should be sent in a card box with some sort of padding added inside to add protection and to stop it moving about.

Last time I used them they did have good packaging, they used to put it in the middle of a big bit of card and then do a form of shrink wrap around it so it's impossible to move about in transit. That way, nothing ever got damaged because it couldn't move and it was in the middle of a big box. I've sent them an email asking for a refund rather than a replacement because that would probably be easier.

Last time I used them they did have good packaging, they used to put it in the middle of a big bit of card and then do a form of shrink wrap around it so it's impossible to move about in transit. That way, nothing ever got damaged because it couldn't move and it was in the middle of a big box. I've sent them an email asking for a refund rather than a replacement because that would probably be easier.
I guess that's the only issue when ordering from abroad, having to return something if there's damage. For one, if they don't refund you the return shipping, you would be even more out of pocket.

Like you already have, I would also email them. Try and get something, whether that's a partial refund, full refund or a replacement. I would probably add a little complaint, telling them the packaging they used was poor for the item.

Like you already have, I would also email them. Try and get something, whether that's a partial refund, full refund or a replacement. I would probably add a little complaint, telling them the packaging they used was poor for the item.

When I had this happen with Tanya the employee was saying how he didn't believe that most of the damage was caused by the packaging.

Amazon JP can be a tiny bit of a nightmare when it comes to moaning about the damage of items.

When I had this happen with Tanya the employee was saying how he didn't believe that most of the damage was caused by the packaging.

Amazon JP can be a tiny bit of a nightmare when it comes to moaning about the damage of items.
Seriously, an employee said that. Haha... Sounds like he thinks you were telling a few porkies.

So Amazon JP isn't as easy to return items like Amazon UK? Don't even need to email or talk to anyone on the UK site.

Seriously, an employee said that. Haha... Sounds like he thinks you were telling a few porkies.

So Amazon JP isn't as easy to return items like Amazon UK? Don't even need to email or talk to anyone on the UK site.

Amazon JP made me contact DHL, and have to setup a waybill. Problem is the instructions they gave dont work my guess outside of Japan since to create a waybill you need an account, which you need to be a company to have.

I ended up having to call DHL they setup the waybill with the account number to be billed I was given, and then given an email to a link where I had to deal with the customs declaration, and insurance paperwork.

Amazon JP made me contact DHL, and have to setup a waybill. Problem is the instructions they gave dont work my guess outside of Japan since to create a waybill you need an account, which you need to be a company to have.

I ended up having to call DHL they setup the waybill with the account number to be billed I was given, and then given an email to a link where I had to deal with the customs declaration, and insurance paperwork.
Wow, that's some hoops you had to jump through to return an item.

That's how they packaged my CE of Your name, I guess they thought that it wasn't worth it for the smaller release since it's thin enough to fit in a jiffybag.

Popped into HMV on my way home and grabbed these. Was kinda wanting the US LE for One Punch Man but saw this and thought screw it (especially since WowHD up their price by nearly £10.

LoVrbNcl.jpg

When I was walking through the shopping centre I spied a store with Anime in it's name so popped in to find it was mostly little things that were most likely bootlegs, although he did have a lovely looking Saber statue/figure for £119, but no idea if it was real tbh. Anyway I ended up buying some Pocky, Hi-Chew and Ramune for the low cost of 9.50 >_> never again lol.

The anime that got me into anime! In the original dub that I watched it in. Although I have it in individual volumes from over 10 years ago, I just had to get it when I saw it on eBay and missed out on buying it originally due to my own hesitation :confused::)

D2ECCD5F-5C89-4441-877C-BACA708BC26D.jpg

Back