What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Got five slips from the customs because of Madman orders. Really pissed me off but the thing is that even if you count the postage's the orders still are under the 22 euro limit so there's nothing really to worry about in that front but it pisses me off that i had to call them and now email them to sort thing's out.

But anyways....i got these three things + i have something waiting at the post after four. I still don't own a 3DS but i'm getting one as soon's as i see a good deal on it (new 3DS version). The memory card is for it.

ehn2s86.jpg

Stiivun said:
Unknownfate said:
All this for the low low declared value of $5 AUS :) I do so enjoy " DVD samples "

You got lucky then, both my Madman packages arrived also today, also valued at 5 AUD but customs opened both and looked at the invoice. One was just a bit above the limit, and so they hit me with the added VAT value + 12€ administration costs grrrr :twisted: oh well my fault off course :)

Pictures tomorrow, together with some Rightstuf sale item which also got hit with custom charges, but that's Rightstuf's fault as they grouped two of my orders and shipped them together. Will email them about this, and see what comes from it. In the past they were good and credited me for it, hope it works out like this again.

Also received a big box from an eBay seller.

EDIT: Sucks to hear about rightstuff orders getting caught. There's the chance that they grouped my order's too so i'm interested to hear what they will answer to you.

Daum. Almost didn't open the door because some was just few minutes ago (9.00 AM here) ringing the doorbell. I wasn't expecting anyone but i ended up opening the door and someone was bringing all the Madman orders as special delivery. I had received letters for those packages yesterday noon and i sure didn't expect to get them so soon and i didn't know that they don't deliver them with the regular mail so i was pretty surprised.

xSE2m3k.jpg

But anyways. Now i everything from Madman has arrived "safely" (not everything got here in prime condition though) to me.

Most of the stuff don't have any sort of damage at all. It did sound at first that Excel Sagas discs were loose but it turned out that they weren't so that's what was relief.

So what did take some damage. Well the Noir collection's front's plastic did get bit wrinkled but the inlay was just fine. Slayers collection's front and back has some major wrinkles and it's a real bummer but just like with Noir the inlay itself wasn't damaged.

It sucks to have wrinkled cases but as long as the inlay is fine it's nothing to really cry about. I would say that bigger cosmetic problem is that season 1 and 2 on my shelf are MVM releases so they won't match but the price difference was so big that i chose to live with it.

If MVM ever ends up making the third season a weekly deal i will replace the Madman release with it it but i have never seen it happen before but who knows.

Winkuru said:
Sucks to hear about rightstuff orders getting caught. There's the chance that they grouped my order's too so i'm interested to hear what they will answer to you.

Still need to email them, very busy at work for the moment. Hope i can send an email out this evening. Will let you know the outcome.

OK time for some photos then, one day later than expected

• Full Metal Panic through Amazon UK. Not super well packaged which is how Amazon works now, but luckily no damage oefff
  • Fate/Stay Night Collection 1 & 2 and Sunday Without God in the Rightstuf sale. Need to email them as a they combined two orders and shipped as one, hence custom charges. Fate/Stay Night if i could do it again i've would have cancelled it. Need to check if i see the problems described on the net regarding these 1080i releases. No wonder Rightstuf can put these in the sale for such a low price :) Guess these will go OOP somewhere in 2020 as nobody wants to buy these anymore :wink:
  • Maria Watches Over Us, all seasons through an eBay seller. Very well packaged in a big box, with enough protective material. In excellent condition.
  • Devil May Cry, Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, Xam'D Collection 1 & 2, all in the Madman anime sale. And yes Winkuru, also received some items with damage to the cases. Madman's packaging needs some improvement.
  • Bamboo Blade Collection 1& 2, and Kurokami Collection 1 & 2, also from the Madman sale.
  • Gosick Collection 1 & 2, Chevalier d'Eon, and Cyber City OEDO 808, final part of the Madman sale.

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

Stiivun said:
[*]Maria Watches Over Us, all seasons through an eBay seller. Very well packaged in a big box, with enough protective material. In excellent condition.

540.jpg

Very nice pickups, Stiivun. Especially jealous of the Maria sets. I'd imagine they set you back a pretty hefty amount?

Need to get them to complete my Nozomi wish list.

Thanks. Won the lot for 63$ but shipping at 20,4$ and Import charges at 17,62$ brings the total at slightly above 101$. I'm OK with that. Just saw that Season 2 and 4 of those are in the Righstuf sale right now for 19,99$ a piece. But the Limited Editions of those are pretty OOS or OOP i guess.

Still hunting for Aria season 1 for a decent price though, so we're jealous of each other :mrgreen:

Stiivun said:
Still hunting for Aria season 1 for a decent price though, so we're jealous of each other :mrgreen:

That's a solid price. Totally jelly. :p

That's one way to look at it haha. Hopefully, I'll pick up the Maria sets from Rightstuf and find the other two for decent prices.

Stiivun said:

I've recently added the Aria releases to my "to buy" list, so we're in competition :twisted:

This also includes rebuying the Anime Works version of Ah My Goddess and the Funimation release of season 2, the Nozomi release of Boogiepop Phantom and a few other things. I sold these when I quit anime around 2010 and liquidated my collection, loads of regrets!

[*]Fate/Stay Night Collection 1 & 2 and Sunday Without God in the Rightstuf sale. Need to email them as a they combined two orders and shipped as one, hence custom charges. Fate/Stay Night if i could do it again i've would have cancelled it. Need to check if i see the problems described on the net regarding these 1080i releases. No wonder Rightstuf can put these in the sale for such a low price :) Guess these will go OOP somewhere in 2020 as nobody wants to buy these anymore :wink:

Yeah only the new complete collection is 1080p

Soul Eater Blu-ray Box I & II - These turned up today, I paid about £120 as they were on sale and I'm pretty happy with them to be honest.

bs1GrlCl.jpg

I had actually forgot that they had digi-packs, I saw a unboxing of the Japanese complete BD box on youtube and honestly it seemed pretty cheap but these are rather nice.

vxmbqyXl.jpg

Also quite surprised how fast DHL are, these weren't dispatched until Monday and arrived already so props to them. Probably gonna get the Persona 3 movies and Akito the Exiled Vol.4 LEs on Friday, and then Garden of Sinners BDs next week.

*Do excuse the crappy pictures, the light in here is awful and my Sony Z3 kinda smashed so using a old phone.

Buzzkillington said:
Soul Eater Blu-ray Box I & II - These turned up today, I paid about £120 as they were on sale and I'm pretty happy with them to be honest.

bs1GrlCl.jpg

I had actually forgot that they had digi-packs, I saw a unboxing of the Japanese complete BD box on youtube and honestly it seemed pretty cheap but these are rather nice.

vxmbqyXl.jpg

Also quite surprised how fast DHL are, these weren't dispatched until Monday and arrived already so props to them. Probably gonna get the Persona 3 movies and Akito the Exiled Vol.4 LEs on Friday, and then Garden of Sinners BDs next week.

*Do excuse the crappy pictures, the light in here is awful and my Sony Z3 kinda smashed so using a old phone.

WOW, those sets look awesome - might have to double dip even though I got the funimation year book edition recently. Thanks for the pics - got any more of the spine etc?

Buzzkillington said:

bs1GrlCl.jpg

vxmbqyXl.jpg

They are nice sets, shame i never really liked Soul Eater.

I love ordering from amazon jp because of DHL...lovely fast shipping.

Mrclt1994 said:
WOW, those sets look awesome - might have to double dip even though I got the funimation year book edition recently. Thanks for the pics - got any more of the spine etc?
Not my photo, this is from a post in this thread by msgeek....

UvzRQF5.jpg

If you search this topic for "Soul Eater" you will find his/her post with some more photos too (there's not many results to search through or anything).

Mrclt1994 said:

Allow me to jump in and quote my post of this as I covered it kinda well (IMHO) :).

msgeek said:
Got my Soul Eater sets through from Amazon JP today. I know a few people were interested in these so I've done a few pics.

It comes with an O-Card that has additional info on it (in Japanese)
[spoilerbutton]
q8enD0N.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Reverse with O-Card removed
[spoilerbutton]
UMVURMY.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
The sets contained Digipacks rather than Amrays which was a nice surprise. As well as contents sheets with artwork.
[spoilerbutton]
5zxKcM9.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Reverse of the Digipacks.
[spoilerbutton]
gzXTtzd.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
I tested the first disk from each set and can confirm that they play on my UK PS4 and have the English Sub + English Dub trac.
[spoilerbutton]
zKD3Z2J.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Finally I wanted to see how well the sets blended in with some Funi LE's. They are very slightly larger (front to back) to accommodate the digipacks but aside from that fit in nicely.
[spoilerbutton]
UvzRQF5.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

edit: looks like Buzz beat me to quoting myself.

Buzzkillington said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Not my photo, this is from a post in this thread by msgeek....

UvzRQF5.jpg

If you search this topic for "Soul Eater" you will find his/her post with some more photos too (there's not many results to search through or anything).

Nice, thanks both of you - I think I do prefer this set since i have the Funi Soul Eater Not! LE set - will keep hold of the Funi Yearbook though and sell at a later point.

Back