What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Mangaranga said:
Received my Code Geass: Akito the Exiled v3 w/artbox as well as Tiger & Bunny: The Rising. The CG artbox is as subtle as the first if you catch my drift.

iMDD68U.jpg

ZmOPGjx.jpg
6UPDkJm.jpg
sac1JCJ.jpg

Can that box hold all 5 releases or it just has extras for the 3rd volume?

Those illustrations are quite... something. Did CLAMP still do all the character art for Akito the Exiled like they did for the main series?

Tind said:
Can that box hold all 5 releases or it just has extras for the 3rd volume?
Since I was on my phone earlier and couldn't link to it, you can see my post showing the first box here.
How's the Nvidia Shield TV holding up by the way?

Lutga said:
Those illustrations are quite... something. Did CLAMP still do all the character art for Akito the Exiled like they did for the main series?
They did indeed.

Received Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar Part 1 LE today, pretty glad i got it when i did after hearing it'll be OOP soon. Also got Part 2 from UnknownFate last week.

292a6p2.jpg

Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar LE is indeed very close to being OOP. Got myself a copy thanks to a tip here, after UP1USA was no longer able to deliver it.

Is the 5.1 japanese audio for episode 1 of War on Geminar (did not try the others) really sh*t for you guys too? Some channels are so low that I can barely hear some sound effects, like for example the stepping effect of the robots is almost silent...I have tried it with Pioneer 5.1 Homecinema and 2.0 PC audio. The 5.1 English audio is better regarding this.

Tind said:
Is the 5.1 japanese audio for episode 1 of War on Geminar (did not try the others) really sh*t for you guys too? Some channels are so low that I can barely hear some sound effects, like for example the stepping effect of the robots is almost silent...I have tried it with Pioneer 5.1 Homecinema and 2.0 PC audio. The 5.1 English audio is better regarding this.

Yeah it's unfortunate. All copies have this problem.

A lot of goodies came today.

Terra Formars vol 7 LE (japanese blu-ray release) came with little artbook and the final lot of the playing cards
tUg2RmPl.jpg

QH43xezl.jpg

vY7DYrXl.jpg

The series is now complete
2Jnlfuwl.jpg

LZu3IeIl.jpg

Buddy Complex vols 4, 5 & 6 LE (japanese blu-ray release)
OH1Fg3ul.jpg

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East vols 5,6,7,8,11,12,13 LE (Japanese blu-ray release). Just waiting on vols 2 & 9 to complete the series.
LyxCwpYl.jpg

Stiivun said:
Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar LE is indeed very close to being OOP. Got myself a copy thanks to a tip here, after UP1USA was no longer able to deliver it.
It's almost OOP? I had no idea. It's been sitting unwatched in my cupboard for absolutely ages. Needless to say I plopped it in my BD drive to take a look and was pretty underwhelmed by how the show looks. It's also got the lowest video bitrate I've ever seen on a BD which probably doesn't help things. Each disc is a BD25 and the episodes are encoded at around 5.5mbps! Most releases nowadays are anywhere between 20-30mbps.

While I'm still baffled by the whole NGNL Rightstuf situation, my copy of Nier has arrived from the post. This is the US version since the UK one is out of print (360 version is still available but many people prefer the PS3 version) and since it's brand new/sealed from Amazon I figured why not (better than going on eBay for a used 'good condition' copy for about £30+ I would say). Granted I paid $66.53 overall due to shipping and customs ($49.95 was the item price).

pCvz5NZh.jpg

When I picked up my package I heard a sound and I figured the disc fell out, thankfully the disc is unharmed but the part that holds the disc is slightly damaged. It can hold the disc like normal but only if you don't shake it/toss it like a tsundere. I'll start the game once I have finished some of my other titles as I do have a backlog of games to proceed with, for instance Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix HD is currently the one I'm going through on PS3.

If you feel like taking a look at what other imports I got for my PlayStation I have a Imgur album here. I'll probably make a blog post on this game later.

I should get Sekirei at some point, I do like my harem ecchi shows (for some random reason). Date A Live was fun (the OVA I found to be really funny) but I could not stand the English dub to that, probably the first Funi dub I've listened to to which I ended up switching audio to Japanese during the episode.

Sekirei is a lot of fun - it has some good comedy moments, and copious amounts of boobage. It's not quite on the level of Ikki Tousen or Freezing but definitely worth a watch.

I actually enjoyed Sekirei more than those two. Possibly biased because I saw Sekirei first. But I am quite distraught that S3 in all likelihood won't happen... I was actually getting quite into the story.

I realise I haven't posted anything on this in quite a while - but here are some recent updates:

Some recent pickups from me:

Here is a bigger (and slightly blurrier) version of the photo: http://i.imgur.com/1vURFsW.jpg?1

The Items are:

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (DVD) (MVM Entertainment) - I bought this via MVM's Deal of the Week and thought it looked interesting enough and worth a tenner. Did anyone else pick this up?

Maoyu: Archenemy & Hero (DVD) (Sentai Filmworks) - I picked this up on eBay for £15.62 and free delivery. I have been meaning to check this show out and was happy to pick up this DVD over watching it on Animax.

Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they? (Blu-Ray) (Sentai Filmworks) - Very happy with this from Mangaranga (thanks, btw!). I have seen this show and felt it was worth buying and re-watching in the near future.

I've also been buying some Volume 1 releases from the past (they are now very cheap), to try out some series to see if they're any good.

Here is what I've managed to pick up:

Bigger versions of the above photos can be found here and here.

In particular, I'm very pleased with Hell Girl since I've been meaning to check it out & Madlax seems right up my alley.

Not best pleased about the lack of discs in the IMM volumes. Currently harassing the seller to see if its an error on his part or whether eBay Global Shipping are stealing my Anime

Back