What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

@AntAce looooool i knew you'd like that.

anyways yeah il give it ago soon and give you my verdict, wish it had english dub so i wouldn't had to read while im trying to watch it.

Bundle_zps3acaa639.jpg

Impulse buys more than anything, to be honest. Except for Hyperdimension Neptunia which I've always been curious about.

Also I did own Pokemon Platinum for about three minutes; bought second hand from CEX but didn't come with instructions. Enquired and there were none, so they (begrudgingly) offered a refund. The girl who served me was chatty, though, preferring generation 3 above all others.

AntAce said:
animefreak17 said:
and when that happens AntAce will be doing this -

http://youtu.be/GfPg5LjGYz8

:lol: Oh, how I would revel and bounce off the walls if season 2 was licensed. Glad I managed to get the Premium Edition of season 1 before they were all snapped up.

Right well iv watched the first 2 episodes and.................... I can see why you like it it's loads of fun to watch and is funny.

It reminds me of squid girl * the animation dose* so far I really do like it, I know I haven't seen it all the way but I really want to have the second season and ovns.

It's good really good

I got today

Only really wanted Claude from the petit's set but they weren't that expensive not sure if I will keep the other two or not.

Also Sengoku Basara Season 2 Limited Edition Blu, -calendar was a freebie from the lovely person I bought the blu ray from =3-

2201_zps09e77d1f.jpg

Today's haul.
Been meaning to get Index for Months, was a bit annoyed when I found that the holder which keeps disc 1 in place was broken :/
On a side note the Audio is 192kbps for the Japanese Audio vs 384kbps for English Audio. Is that normal for DVD releases?

Checking the BDMV sizes, Kaze uses 39 gigs for 13 eps of Code Geass (With trailers/audio commentary) and Funi use 41 gigs for 4 episodes of Shana + Extras... Something seems wrong here.
Also the back of the case for Code Geass (Not the Slipcover) incorrectly states that the discs contain 288 minutes.

My copies of Shakugan no Shana The Movie and Shakugan no Shana S will probably be coming tomorrow, but er...why did they have to use DVD height slip covers again? Season 2 being in a BD-height artbox (as will season 3 most likely) makes everything uneven.

As for Index...I dunno if it's worth paying £60 to import when it's just a DVD in an artbox. I think MangaUK were open on Twitter a while back at possibly licensing it, so I think I'll wait for them to say either way.

Joshawott said:
My copies of Shakugan no Shana The Movie and Shakugan no Shana S will probably be coming tomorrow, but er...why did they have to use DVD height slip covers again? Season 2 being in a BD-height artbox (as will season 3 most likely) makes everything uneven.

As for Index...I dunno if it's worth paying £60 to import when it's just a DVD in an artbox. I think MangaUK were open on Twitter a while back at possibly licensing it, so I think I'll wait for them to say either way.
Oh, I took the little bit of cardboard from the Hellsing Ultimate vol 5-8 box and put it against the Shana II box. Hopefully Final will come with one too.
Whatever I do they're going to look uneven anyway.

Shana-1_zps1486ee7a.jpg

As for Index, I've never seen it before, and I was looking forward to getting it before the October release slipped. Sadly I hear the second half nor the second season is as good as the first 14 episodes.
I don't usually buy DVD but it was animated @ 540p anyway. It only looks mildly better than Shana II.
I don't like PAL conversions hence why I didn't wait and buy the Manga release. I would rather have a problem free release with an artbox anyway :D

If I like it and it gets a BD release I'll probably buy it again to watch subbed (DVD Subs give me a headache).

As long as you're talking about it looking mildly better than Shana II's DVDs and not its BDs xD

Alternatively, I'm tempted to take a guillotine to the O-cards of season 1, the movie and S and cut off the blue banners at the top, so they become blu-ray sized. It's annoying too how they used the Shakugan no Shana logo for seasons 1 and 2, but just plain text for the spines of the movie and S (obviously due to the thiner spine, but it's still an aesthetic pain).

So I received my copies of Shakugan no Shana The Movie and Shakugan no Shana S today.

Want to know another reason why I hate FUNimation's "Let's put blu-ray size cases in DVD sized O-card" policy?
65879_10151334663257976_2026319129_n.jpg

I am also kinda cheesed off at UP1 for the way my order was packaged too. Both of them were side to side in a fairly large envelope, lying landscape to the opening, which actually made it hard to take them out. The other side of the O-card has a tiny bit at the bottom but is less noticeable than the side I've pictured.

I'm undecided on whether I want to kick up a fuss with UP1 about it or not, as it is just an O-card. Or just a polite email asking them to take more care when packaging them. I've also posted on FUNimation's Facebook asking them to make the O-cards sturdier in the future (I think the one they did for Shakugan no Shana Season 1 was fine, but with single volume releases it literally is two thin bits of cardboard).

Considering complaining to UP1 about packageing aswell as I recieved two nis america premium boxsets today (Natsume & Psychoelectric girl) sent in a plain jefty bag with no extra padding, ended up with the corners getting slightly damaged due to them ripping out of the bag.

Why they did'nt wrap them with a bit of bubble wrap before putting them in or even put them in a box I don't know (after paying £6 p&p I don't think it would have cost them anymore, even so I would rather they sent it slower better packed than fast but poorly packed)

Might let it go this time, but will have to remember in the future to put a comment with the order to make sure be put in padding etc (even so you would think this would be common practice especailly with premium/limited editions)

This is why I usually bulk buy from UP1, as they send items as next day delivery in a massive box with padding and excessive amounts of paper. (Like in AF's video, just more bubble wrap and paper)
I have recieved some items from them lately which have been damaged though.
Shana has a massive dent in the top of the box, one of the disc holders for Index is broken, The box for Black lagoon was broken.
I suppose I'm lucky when it comes to NISA sets, I own 5 of them (Arakawa, Arakawa x bridge, Katanagatari v1, Usagi Drop & Denpa) and none of them have any visible damage.

The only downside of bulk buying is that the postman usually knocks with my parcel at ~7:15 in the morning.

Joshawott said:
So I received my copies of Shakugan no Shana The Movie and Shakugan no Shana S today.

Want to know another reason why I hate FUNimation's "Let's put blu-ray size cases in DVD sized O-card" policy?
Let's be honest, if they put it in a BD size slipcover then it would still be shorter than the artbox for season 2.
The DVD size slipcovers aren't the problem, as they are at least being consistent with Season 1.
It's the BD size artbox for seasons 2+3 which are a pain in the ass.

IIRC the last NISA set I had from UP1 (also Denpa Onna) did have extra packaging (it came in a jiffy bag but they'd taped cardboard 'bumpers' around the edge, presumably left over from a box) so it might just be that you got unlucky or they were rushed. Adding a note to the orders sounds like the way to go so they realise it's happening. It might be that they have a new policy of adding more packaging and mine shipped after yours, or something.

I just throw the Funimation DVD-sized o-cards away as they look grotty and have weird holes in them which catch on the sleeve sometimes (aided by their use of the flimsiest BD cases possible so nothing stays flat). I prefer the BD-sized stuff overall and can accept this compromise until BD is dominant, but the series which got caught up in the transition and have a mix of BD/DVD packaging are pretty annoying. And don't even get me started on Black Butler's insane LE box configuration ;_;

R

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:

Let's be honest, if they put it in a BD size slipcover then it would still be shorter than the artbox for season 2.
The DVD size slipcovers aren't the problem, as they are at least being consistent with Season 1.
It's the BD size artbox for seasons 2+3 which are a pain in the ass.
Yeah, that's true. While the art boxes do look nice, they are a pain. Even if I throw away the O-Cards, I can't just throw away an art box.

It's also annoying that when I comment on FUNimation's Facebook page about it, I get replies from people who must think that FUNimation are infallible Gods of the anime industry who poop diamond encrusted gold bars.

I had a few things waiting for me when I got home from work.

Innocent Venus 1-3 DVD
Jyu-Oh-Sei -1-3 manga

and these little cuties, there adorable. I got Estellise as my double

Back