What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

@mangaranga - that bothered me with the Berserk collectors edition as well. I really like the addition of the booklet, and that it's due BD/DVD, but i'd rather have the ability to take the booklet out of it as well. Oh well, i won't complain too much as it is a good read, but i think for the next film they need to ensure any booklet is outwith the box it comes with =/

Also. Can i has your Yukiko nendoroid? D:

Recieved Is this a Zombie? last Friday (after giving up hope of UP1 getting stock in before the New Year!) and P4 yesterday. No complaints about either of them save for one of the P4 DVDs being insanely hard to get out of the holder (as Conan mentioned in the news thread for this week's releases).

I much prefer the reverse of the Zombie? DVD cases. :D

Joshawott said:
You release season 1 with a DVD sized sleeve. Sure, I understand why you did that...but then, why did you release season 2 in a blu-ray sized artbox?
Because there were those of us who understood why they did that, but still didn't like it and complained? Blu-rays belong in Blu-ray boxes.

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
You release season 1 with a DVD sized sleeve. Sure, I understand why you did that...but then, why did you release season 2 in a blu-ray sized artbox?
Because there were those of us who understood why they did that, but still didn't like it and complained? Blu-rays belong in Blu-ray boxes.
What I mean is, season 1 has the height of a DVD case (due to FUNimation's O-card magic), but as season 2 is in an art box, it has the blu-ray height, so the two don't match perfectly when lined up next to each other. In terms of their design, they match up - it's just the extra height that the "DVD/BD Combo Pack" banner adds to season 1 (and being an artbox, season 2 is slightly thicker, but I'll give them that).

The season 2 part 2 came with a similar O-card, so I imagine that the Shakugan no Shana S and movie releases will be that way as well. I might just have to find a way to print off my own card "DVD/BD combo pack" banner to stick on top of the artbox so that everything looks even when lined up on my shelves.

Inconsistent packaging really is my biggest pet peeve though.

Oh, so it's just a bit of cardboard making it DVD height? Lob the orgasm card(?) in the bin and then they'll match better. I'd have done that the minute it turned up anyway (BDs should be BD height damnit) why couldn't Spice & Wolf S2 have had a bit of card to chuck away?

ayase said:
Oh, so it's just a bit of cardboard making it DVD height? Lob the orgasm card(?) in the bin and then they'll match better. I'd have done that the minute it turned up anyway (BDs should be BD height damnit) why couldn't Spice & Wolf S2 have had a bit of card to chuck away?
The annoying thing with that though, is that with the Shana releases, the spines of the actual cases are designed differently to the spines of the O-cards and the season 2 artbox, so the only way I'd be able to get them to match is if I didn't use the O-card or the Art box. Here's some comparison pictures I took:
HNI_0023_zpsbcb53c2f.jpg

Here's the two seasons, with season 1's O-Card and season 2's artbox. Would look fine if not for season 1 being DVD height.

HNI_0024_zpsbfc5866a.jpg

Then if I take off season 1's O-Card, we have this.

HNI_0025_zps76fccb24.jpg

If I remove the O-card from season 1 and the artbox from season 2, they match other than the size of season 1's case.

I'm tempted to go over Grandpa's and take his guillotine to the BD combi pack banner on season 1...

ayase said:
why couldn't Spice & Wolf S2 have had a bit of card to chuck away?
Because then I wouldn't have been able to fit my perfectly matching S1 DVD set in there. <3

Blu-ray cases, meh. All that fuss over something with smaller dimensions, and thus smaller pieces of cover art, and that godawful blue strip along the top of the case. Back to good old DVD cases, I say, as I make a mad dash to my nuclear fallout bunker where I'll stay until the forthcoming shitstorm emanating from ayase's direction blows over.

Vox: is that Zombie box shiny? Me like shiny things and would like to watch that show, but I can't bring myself to spend that much on DVDs ;_;

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
why couldn't Spice & Wolf S2 have had a bit of card to chuck away?
Because then I wouldn't have been able to fit my perfectly matching S1 DVD set in there. <3
Ah yes, that's less of a problem for those who opted for the artbox I suppose. At the time I was holding out for a pure BD release which never came, and I was then given the DVD / BD combo in a DVD case last Christmas.

::shakes fist in the direction of the chaos gods who obviously planned this::

If the format started with a new case design, that's the way it should stay IMO. I'd have been more than happy for BDs to come in DVD cases, or for both DVDs and BDs to come in CD style jewel cases, but the easily confused public and pandering companies who thought it was a good idea to reinforce this stupidity rather than make people actually read the packaging meant that wasn't to be. They can't even keep the width of BD cases uniform (US/Japan 12.5mm is far superior to UK 14mm, why we got stuck with that stupid spine width is beyond me) but they could at least keep the damn height the same.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Vox: is that Zombie box shiny? Me like shiny things and would like to watch that show, but I can't bring myself to spend that much on DVDs ;_;
It's both shiny and sparkly! Given that this is a Kadokawa title, I get the feeling Funi will release a BD set eventually - it might be better to wait for that if you want more bang for your buck.

Even with DS games, the UK ended up with a stupidly wider case. The inconsistency with BD case size drives me insane - especially when I had to replace my K-ON! Season 2 Part 2 case. I ended up just buying a set of 3 cases and sticking part 1 in one of those two, just so they match.

With both Is This A Zombie? and A Certain Magical Index, I'm not up for paying import prices for a DVD-only release. So I'll wait until either a local DVD or a future BD release.

Time of Eve has arrived :D
On the right is the slipcover and the left is some alternate covers for the main case. It's refreshing to see some cover art without all those logos and labels all over it that you see on western releases. Is this normal for japanese releases?
WP_000076_zpsee427009.jpg

animefreak17 said:
AntAce said:
Good choice there, animefreak, Wagnaria!! is a most excellent series - one of my favourites!

well it was suggested to me,

thing is i couldn't find season 2 or the OVNs on UP1 i had a look on the net and i found this-

http://www.amazon.com/Wagnaria-Complete ... B004SCB10O

im like ouch thats for season 1 and 2, it doesn't seem like season 2 or the OVN on DVD over here on the cheap. i only got season 1
Season 2 hasn't been licensed by anybody yet. Hopefully it'll get be picked up sooner rather than later.

Back