What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img6.jpg

img4.jpg

img5.jpg

Pretty happy with my purchases here. I don't like how Aniplex likes to put 'Limited Edition Bluray Box' on the side of their sets though. Their spines on the BD cases also tend to be quite Plain, which is a shame.

ayase said:
Historic exchange rates say a Pound was worth around 300 Yen in 1984, making it slightly more affordable £46 back in the day.

But then the inflation calculator also informs me that £46 in 1984 is the equivalent of £122.36 today. So, yeah.
Either way, you'd be a bit pissed if the tape was chewed up by the player. Ah, VHS. How I don't miss you.

Mangaranga: from United Publications? If so, how did they package those items? They sent my Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 LE in a padded envelope after months and months of using cardboard boxes for art box releases, and both those (otherwise lovely) art boxes look as though they've taken a minor knock or two. If my Lain box arrives dented, I may cry. Then send it back.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Historic exchange rates say a Pound was worth around 300 Yen in 1984, making it slightly more affordable £46 back in the day.

But then the inflation calculator also informs me that £46 in 1984 is the equivalent of £122.36 today. So, yeah.
Either way, you'd be a bit pissed if the tape was chewed up by the player. Ah, VHS. How I don't miss you.

Mangaranga: from United Publications? If so, how did they package those items? They sent my Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 LE in a padded envelope after months and months of using cardboard boxes for art box releases, and both those (otherwise lovely) art boxes look as though they've taken a minor knock or two. If my Lain box arrives dented, I may cry. Then send it back.

They sent my package with next day delivery before 1pm (Came at 7am), in a cardboard box with lots of bubble wrap and paper inside. The packaging was a lot smaller than I was expecting though. As for dents, the Lain box has a very minor dent which is visible in the first image, other than that everything is good. It's nice they did a bit extra with this release, even down to the matte artbox. Bakemono is fine, other than the tiny knock on the top left corner, also visible. Nothing Major worth crying about.
For all we know it could have just been damaged on its way from America, or before shipment over here. Wouldn't it technically have been shipped 3 times before we get it?
(Manufacturer > UP1USA, UP1USA > UP1, UP1 > Customer)

I've only been disappointed with an item once from UP1, and that was with the Shana copy I got. The top of the slipcase had been bashed in, but It did have 2 covers in the BD case for some reason, so I suppose that makes up for it somewhat.
Shana.jpg

The only UP packaging-related issue I've had that comes to mind is the first US Durarara! DVD. The clear plastic slipcover took a massive knock to a corner as the package hit the floor (there was corresponding damage to a corner of the envelope). Ever since then I've not been keen on the idea of anything that can be easily damaged being posted in padded envelopes. Luckily Hellsing was fine but I was surprised they didn't use a box.

Mangaranga said:
Wouldn't it technically have been shipped 3 times before we get it?
(Manufacturer > UP1USA, UP1USA > UP1, UP1 > Customer)
Well, yeah, but if you order from United Publications it's got to be their responsibility to ensure that you receive your item in satisfactory condition. And to be fair to them, they would sort it out. When I complained about the damage to my AnoHana box (which didn't occur in transit between them and me because the packaging wasn't damaged), they were apologetic and offered a replacement. Hassle, though.

I have actually asked UP1 to ship in rigid boxes when buying high value items which could be easily crushed (like the Baccano BD set) - so far they've obliged.

ayase said:
I have actually asked UP1 to ship in rigid boxes when buying high value items which could be easily crushed (like the Baccano BD set) - so far they've obliged.

Me too and I usually try and get them to ship several items together just to make sure it is a box and not the collapsable type of packaging that amazon use.

Whooooo Virtue's Last Reward arrived today! I'm still miffed about the removal of the English dub but at least the game's made it over. 999 was amazing so I can't wait to get stuck in to this.
20121123_112336.jpg

It took a while, but it's finally out.
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Season 1 [Blu-ray] + 144 page booklet

Audio: Japanese/French/German LPCM 2.0
Subtitles: French/German/Dutch

cgall.jpg
cgback.jpg

cgside.jpg
cgcover.jpg

cgb01.jpg
cgb02.jpg

cgb04.jpg
cgb05.jpg

cgb03.jpg

Lawrence said:
That's also 2 Bluray disks isn't it?
If you don't mind, do you think you could share some opinions on how it compares to the DVDs, image quality wise?
Screen caps work too~

Unfortunately, I don't have the Code Geass DVDs, but here is a review with some screen caps:

http://aniblu.blogspot.de/2012/11/review-code-geass-staffel1-bd-de.html

The picture quality is quite good, despite the fact that Kaze released it only on two BD50s. However, like the Japanese release this is an up-scale, so don't expect any wonders.

That picture quality looks perfectly good and is much better than some of the artefact riddled, edge enhanced Funi upscales I've seen.

I like to complain more than anyone but I think this whole "wat, only 2 discs?" thing is a case of people bitching for the sake of bitching. Yeah, only two discs. And it's fine. Move on.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
im happy with this, im going to use this one and have the other one im getting as a collectors item
Oh sh--....
:lol: Are you taking requests, AF?

@Joshawott

its ok im only going to write bad peoples names pedos, murderers, terrorists, rapists ect and bullies that picked on me.

@theirsbailiff
to be honest i think it counts as a death threat if you really ment to put someones name it. theres a few videos about this and info about the a actual murder involving the death note.

@ayase nope

Back