What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

tPB4VVQh.jpg

Type45 said:
Recived this from Mangaranga
XwFFKT0.jpg

I've never seen the full series before so I'm quite looking forward to watching this.
Do enjoy! It would surprise me if there are many copies of that in active circulation.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Time to see how the quality compares to MVM's discs now.
I'll be interested to see if you think the increase in quality is worth the increase in cost, we may be seeing the beginning of Lemon turning to the Aniplex darkside. o_O

On a more serious note, I think I may start Bakemonogatari tonight and see what the fuss is about and decide if I like it enough to buy the nice sets (looking at the cost involved, I think I know the answer tbh lol).

Watching the first 5 minutes or so of Episode 1 from each release back to back...

...I can't tell a single bit of difference.

Maybe I need to watch a whole episode but, right now, I don't what the fuss is about.

Received Terror in Resonance today. Completely forgot i had pre-ordered this till i got a dispatch email on Saturday, would have preferred to wait till it was around £25 but oh well.

3Y9MZ3Wh.jpg

IncendiaryLemon said:
Watching the first 5 minutes or so of Episode 1 from each release back to back...

...I can't tell a single bit of difference.

Maybe I need to watch a whole episode but, right now, I don't what the fuss is about.
As someone who's not a videophile, you're probably not going to notice the difference. What I will say though is that you've probably picked the worst title to draw comparisons for.
The source for Shaft shows, especially for Monogatari, is far from ideal with the biggest culprit being the noticeable banding. Whilst the Aniplex BDs are better quality, it's not the massive leap that you see with say Fate/Zero.

Received my very first AoA title today. Lets just say from the feel of the product I'm not very impressed.

I really like that it has a resealable plastic sleeve like other Japanese titles I have ordered, I can only hope that we can get something similar over here to help protect our purchases (especially ultimate and collectors editions).

But that's really all I can praise, the price tag is $90.00 and what you essentially get it a clear blu-ray sized amaray case inside a flimsy card sleeve with a few art cards. I'm still to see the quality of the blu-ray in action, but for this being part 1 of 2 of a 13 episode series its really doesn't scream value for money. Once I get part 2 I'm not readily going to get any more of AoA releases, I might make exceptions if I really must own a series that no one else is offering. But Its going to have to be one hell of a good show to make me consider forking over this kinda price again.

BA1ADCE3-3A6A-4D0A-B6A8-E3D0C299FEFE.jpg

9FBC9135-B3D8-45BE-8F25-D2EB64347B8C.jpg

rkMbCEVh.jpg

Since i had got the lovely CE of Star Ocean i thought i would get the lovely hardback strategy guide...its very nice. (i do like collecting the hardback strategy guides)
OikloF8h.jpg

OK this was one hectic second part of the week.

On Wednesday i received a box from Amazon US with the following;

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

Last Thursday i also received the three Gundam Origin regular releases through Amazon Japan.

540.jpg

spines

540.jpg

And in the evening i picked up these second-hand DVD editions for a total of 90€ which comes to about 100$. All sets are in great condition, except for Speed Grapher which has a small bumb on the top backside. But the person i bought them from also had a replacement set, still wrapped, which i also got.

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

Back