What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Clannad CE

Man those glue dots were fairly insidious
Got mine today as well, happy days, and yes that glue is punishing and made me feel bad for ruining the wraparound in the process. I would've much preferred the art covers swapped front to back (less scary eyes and prettier fantasy background) similar to my Sentai SE:
20210423_135403.jpg

On comparison, it was as @NormanicGrav stated in another thread,
Going by the Funimation streams (which evidently came true for CLANNAD), the K-On! discs Manga currently have (atm) are the old Bandai Entertainment masters for Season 1 (which were released in four parts, hence 4 Blu-ray discs) and the old Sentai Filmworks collection disc masters for Season 2 (which received two parts, hence 4 Blu-ray discs also) as well as the old Sentai release for K-On! the Movie (the same one Manga released on Blu-ray years ago).

Sentai are known in recent years for basically improving their releases for every re-release. The Ultimate Collection release, which is 7 discs in total, improves on most of the issues (I believe there's an audio issue in Season 2 that wasn't fixed in the re-author but everything else was improved for the better). Also remember those K-On! shorts that were initially exclusive to the Japanese Blu-ray box? That's included in the Ultimate Collection release.

that this Manga version of Clannad is less polished with larger subtitle text and also does not have the extra mini arcs and episodes that are included in the Sentai discs, for the completionists out there. Maybe I'll swap the Sentai case into the Manga packaging heh.

Got mine today as well, happy days, and yes that glue is punishing and made me feel bad for ruining the wraparound in the process. I would've much preferred the art covers swapped front to back (less scary eyes and prettier fantasy background) similar to my Sentai SE:
View attachment 18435

that this Manga version of Clannad is less polished with larger subtitle text and also does not have the extra mini arcs and episodes that are included in the Sentai discs, for the completionists out there. Maybe I'll swap the Sentai case into the Manga packaging heh.
If you don't mind, I would like to see what the menus are for all 6 discs in regards to your mention about the extra mini arcs (I presume you're referring to the Kyou and Tomoyo chapters etc.).

Arrived today:

img_0162_wynik.jpg
You can still buy boxed PC games? Huh, who knew. What's that with it?

Clannad set looks lovely, though I don't like the series. Hopefully the Haruhi set isn't too far off.

If you don't mind, I would like to see what the menus are for all 6 discs in regards to your mention about the extra mini arcs (I presume you're referring to the Kyou and Tomoyo chapters etc.).
After playing a bit more jenga with my mess of a shelf, here are those menus from the Sentai discs (I believe all the extras are on discs 3&6 so skipped the others as it's painful sitting through those unskippable menus):

20210423_162312.jpg
20210423_162501.jpg
20210423_162641.jpg

For what it's worth, the after story discs also have the opening theme from the second season playing in the background as opposed to the first season's, which is the case for the Manga ones.

After playing a bit more jenga with my mess of a shelf, here are those menus from the Sentai discs (I believe all the extras are on discs 3&6 so skipped the others as it's painful sitting through those unskippable menus):

View attachment 18438
View attachment 18439
View attachment 18440

For what it's worth, the after story discs also have the opening theme from the second season playing in the background as opposed to the first season's, which is the case for the Manga ones.
Ah, sorry I was referring to the Manga/Funimation Blu-ray discs, I should have been clearer on that.

You can still buy boxed PC games? Huh, who knew. What's that with it?
Yes, I don't have consoles, but I love to see my game on the shelf (even if on disc it's a small fragment of a whole game). It's CE edition for Nier Replicant Remaster game. I don't play games very often right now, but this series was so amazing. I love soundtrack, story, fight system and everything, so I bought it.

Nier Automata was (probably) the best game, that I ever played, so I waited for this one...

@Jaysgba I see you are also a man of taste, I was very happy to see vanilla Coke (the best Coke) back in large bottles in my local shop the other day. Then I got it home and started drinking it, thought something wasn't right and it was then that I noticed that sneaky black "zero sugar" bar. Whatever horrible chemicals drinks companies replace sugar with, I cannot stand them (and they're probably just giving us all cancer instead of heart attacks). Disappointing.

I'm curious, just how large are these subtitles?

So yeah all of the episodes are there like the Sentai release (Season 1: Episode 23 OVA & Episode 24 Tomoyo Chapter, After Story: Episode 23 OVA, Episode 24 Recap, Episode 25 Kyou Chapter).
Ah my bad, sleep deprivation is not a good thing, I clearly missed the tally of episodes overall. Though is it not confusing to number those extra arcs as if they're part of the main episodes? Regardless, good to see they're all there, unlike what you said about some of the extras in the upcoming K-on set (though it being significantly cheaper than the region 1 import at present likely makes up for it).

Back