What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Ooh it's out. I'll grab it most likely soon myself. Do you know if this is region free or geolocked?
So here's what I can say. Fate/Grand Order plays on my Panasonic 4K player no problem. every Sentai title I have (which are all 2018 releases or later) play on that same player no problem (all of which are reported as geolocked). The player has had no modifications to it either (just a default, store bought UK player). So I guess it's probably fine. But, to be clear, I cannot be 100% certain that it isn't geolocked.

Last edited:
For the record on this it's usually only a) what art is available and b) what we're allowed to do (which is usually what has to be similar to American/Japanese release).

I love the series still so it's not a big deal or anything, it's just one of the weaker ones in my sets. Princess Principal one looked much nicer for example. As always appreciate that there is a release at all!

Its much easier to make a nice logo for shorter titles like "Princess Principal" than the likes of "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai". Not a lot you can do about that, besides changing the title.

I also didn't realise that the artwork would match that of the US release, I guess MVM will use that as they mentioned.

I agree the title does not make for an easy layout, in fact it's kind of a ridiculous title to begin with!

Apologies @MVM if you are having to use the material you get then it is what it is.

SOA Gun gale is a double dip and I think I'm gonna stick with the CE parts version although I think i prefere the art box picture a smidge more on the complete version.
Haganai Next (actually came yesterday) and Konohan Kitan (That one is from otaku.co.uk no import charges (as they reship from UK) but is about 4-6 weeks for delviey as mentioned, just seen a few questions regarding Otaku.co.uk recent is all (they do also send out an email dispatch note))
Silver spoon season 2 figured I would complete it and gundam orgin I-VI

20210409_153015.jpg

1KBo5vCh.jpg

mDC3DrIh.jpg

HjpzzNMh.jpg

Today's arrivals are in two batches. The first batch is Tenjo Tenge Omnibus 5 & 7 from publisher Viz Media via their SIGNATURE label. This was ordered a few weeks ago from Book Depository and finally arrived, though Omnibus 7 is creased and slightly inconsistent on the spine but I'm not too bothered by it. Omnibus 8 did dispatch at the same time as these two books but is handled through Amazon (but still Book Depository) so it might take a bit longer. I have yet to receive my refund for the original order on Omnibus 8 by Book Depository (PayPal is still stating its in Pending for a while now).

l8FYaleh.jpg

HfTbon9h.jpg

OdwTAKzh.jpg

The second batch is from Anime Limited's Easter 2020 sale. So we have both parts of Fullmetal Alchemist's 2003 adaptation, Silver Spoon Season 2 and Welcome to the Ballroom Part 2, all in collector's edition Blu-ray packaging. FMA is actually a double-dip as I own the Funimation standard Blu-ray. Nothing much to be said other than nice sets. I have more photos and specs on my blog for each three shows.

@ayase I'm amazed you bought something adorned with as many logos as that Rahxephon set. It's hard to imagine what other information they could have added.

Tomorrow I'll stop being lazy and take some photos of the Shinkai steelbooks I received a week ago*.

*two weeks ago

@ayase I'm amazed you bought something adorned with as many logos as that Rahxephon set. It's hard to imagine what other information they could have added.
Aha, but you see I didn’t buy it, I used my new enterprise to swap things I didn’t want for it. I haven't ever played the RahXephone (and it's OOP) so I thought it was a good opportunity to do so at no monetary cost to myself.

I don’t know what the deal was with the 101 films/ADV tie-up, presumably some way for ADV to make a quick buck when they needed it, have you seen the other Poundland fare 101 release? And a pound is presumably what they paid the designer of this set, given that it has the exact same image on the slipcover, the case and every single one of the 8 discs.

IMAG0154.jpg
The US releases for all of these seem to be going OOP, so I grabbed them while I had the chance. The BD for One Week Friends is already going for scalper prices, so I slummed it with the DVD.

I got a good deal on these from various Amazon marketplace sellers though. From the New World alone is normally £70, but I got all three series for £62 shipped. Clearance prices are good if you can catch them in time.

Why did I choose the days just before AL's easter sale to be better with money? Would've loved to pick up that Eureka Seven ultimate ed for £35. Fullmetal Alchemist TV sets were quite cheap too. Decided I wouldn't look at the sale for fear of going a bit nuts (financial discipline has not been my forte during lockdown) looks like i really missed out on some killer deals. Oh well.....the backlog struggle is pretty big already anyway.

Back