What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Woah, I unexpectedly received a massive anime haul today, over $600 of anime in four separate orders, which happened to arrive all on the same day!

Megazone 23 Premium set from the AnimEigo Kickstarter
Fate/stay night Heavens Feel III Spring Song Aniplex of Japan release from Amazon JP (English Subtitled)
Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia Box Set I Aniplex of America release from Rightstuf
A.I.C.O. Incarnation Blu-ray Box 1 from Amazon JP (English Subtitled)
A.I.C.O. Incarnation Blu-ray Box 2 from Amazon JP (English Subtitled)

mz23fgohf3aico.jpg
Got any more photos of the FGO set, like the spines and whether its chipboard or cardboard.

Sorry, not sure what I did, but I went to edit my previous post and somehow accidentally deleted it instead - clicking the mouse too quickly, lol. Reposting here...

Woah, I unexpectedly received a massive anime haul today, over $600 of anime in four separate orders, which happened to arrive all on the same day!

Megazone 23 Premium set from the AnimEigo Kickstarter
Fate/stay night Heavens Feel III Spring Song Aniplex of Japan release from Amazon JP (English Subtitled)
Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia Box Set I Aniplex of America release from Rightstuf
A.I.C.O. Incarnation Blu-ray Box 1 from Amazon JP (English Subtitled)
A.I.C.O. Incarnation Blu-ray Box 2 from Amazon JP (English Subtitled)

mz23fgohf3aico.jpg

Last edited:
Got any more photos of the FGO set, like the spines and whether its chipboard or cardboard.
Just a few quick outside shots - it is a rigid chipboard box about the size of a typical AL CE box, 2.3 cm wide at the spine. Sorry, but I don't break the seal on new anime until I am ready to watch it, and the j-card covers the slipbox opening, so I can't show you what is included inside, someone else will have to do that....

fgo1.jpg

fgo2.jpg

fgo3.jpg
fgo4.jpg

Just a few quick outside shots - it is a rigid chipboard box about the size of a typical AL CE box, 2.3 cm wide at the spine. Sorry, but I don't break the seal on new anime until I am ready to watch it, and the j-card covers the slipbox opening, so I can't show you what is included inside, someone else will have to do that....

fgo1.jpg

fgo2.jpg

fgo3.jpg
fgo4.jpg
Oh wow that's a really poorly handled set from Aniplex in terms of displaying the show on the shelf, considering the brown/gold sheet looks like something that can't be re-attached unlike a slipcase.

Oh wow that's a really poorly handled set from Aniplex in terms of displaying the show on the shelf, considering the brown/gold sheet looks like something that can't be re-attached unlike a slipcase.
It's actually in a resealable bag like a typical JP release, so if you want to display it with the j-card facing out on your shelf instead of the white spine, the bag will keep the j-card in place.

Put it in the bin, problem solved :p
Them's fightin' words, buster...! 😤 ;)

It's actually in a resealable bag like a typical JP release, so if you want to display it with the j-card facing out on your shelf instead of the white spine, the bag will keep the j-card in place.
Personally I wouldn't want to use the bag since I found them to be tedious to sort out and they can rip off easily (though I have Madoka Rebellion kept in the bag because of the info card's design).

I keep everything JP or AoA in their original bags, unless I have a box protector that fits the release. The Aniplex bags are not those thin flimsy resealable bags you buy in bulk online; they are a good bit thicker and softer. Nothing sits on my media shelves with a naked box, that is a deadly sin. It's always covered with something to protect it from every bit of shelf wear - either box protectors or bags. If it's shrinkwrapped, I cut a door in the shrinkwrap with a razor blade on the open side of the slipbox to get the anime out, and the shrinkwrap stays on it on the shelf until I can make a bag to fit the box.

Had this slight faffing around with the Quintuplets ∫∫ Vol 1 as the card isn't built into the box. I should have that Fate GO set later this week so in case someone else doesn't post about it, I will see how flimsy the whole item is.

Well if normanic is going to toss the bag, he can just flatten the j-card and store it inside the box like I do with all my info sheets. the box just won't have the title on the spine, only the logo and part number.

ZXiMlxhh.jpg

rX9yL2Eh.jpg
9LJvTQ3h.jpg
75P1dKZh.jpg

Today's arrival is Super Mario 3D All-Stars for the Nintendo Switch. This is my first Nintendo Switch game and thanks to Nintendo being greedy I had to pick up this collection sooner than later, since I love Mario 64, never finished Mario Sunshine and want to give Mario Galaxy another shot years later since I finished it but never completed it.

Right first things first - will I be getting a Nintendo Switch? Yes. Will I be getting it now? No.

The main reason is that I received a PlayStation 4 a year prior to the Switch's launch and I wasn't technically allowed to have new consoles that close at the time, and there's also the matter of making sure that I have the physical PS3 & PS4 games I want secured before shifting focus on other platforms.

When the opportunity to get a Nintendo Switch was possible, rumours of a Nintendo Switch Pro started to emerge so I figured I may as well wait since Nintendo has a track record of providing these things and given how the latest info that keeps showing up is 4K upscaling and OLED 720p screens it sounds like the right decision to pause at this point.

The other reason I held out was for Shin Megami Tensei V, which has yet to be released.

Anyway, I knew the Switch cases were thin, but I didn't realise the height was the same as Blu-rays/PlayStation cases and the width was the same as the Vita cases. So I did what no Nintendo owner would do and slotted the game in the PlayStation section.

PB38pHsh.jpg

Back