What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2cIIJaFh.jpg

jCQQuAuh.jpg

Today's arrivals are both Astra Lost in Space and Demon Lord, Retry! from Manga Entertainment as part of the now-concluded Zavvi 40% off sale. Delivery took a lot longer than usual especially considering these are first class, but I suspect the recent snow delayed them.

I have watched both shows during their simulcast. Astra Lost in Space is a very good series, if not one of the best shows during that year so I highly recommend it (I should mention that the show switches between widescreen and full screen which is an intentional design choice). Demon Lord, Retry! is isekai trash but it's got this random charm to it that kept me intrigued so I am very pleased to see that it was chosen for a UK release.

More photos below:
Czi6pjWh.jpg

dexGyJhh.jpg

GivfaYxh.jpg

DvJaKJmh.jpg

Hk6ER0Eh.jpg
7FrQi7rh.jpg

ieI1xxdh.jpg

l0xhL2wh.jpg

WlKLTrSh.jpg

z6EBCj9h.jpg

Coqdanxh.jpg

ZZCG9vmh.jpg

yt2H3LWh.jpg

VMvWYzo.jpg

The replacement GPO PR50 turned up today, and while it's in a better state then the defective one (the headphone socket does at least work on this one) with the exception of the damage to the cover near the back of the tone arm (about the same as was on the defective unit) it wasn't all good as I did my little hack to lower the tracking force (two pennies jammed on either side of the tone arm near what they laughingly refer to as a counterweight with a 5p added to get the tracking force under 3.5g) and sadness part 1 got about a minute in and started repeating the same part over and over (removing the 5p part of my weight adjustment hack fixed that) and opposites attract did the same near the end with no changes in the added weight making and difference and moving the counterweight would have put the tracking force massively over spec for the stylus and would have taken the tracking force over the 6g max tracking force set down decades ago.
The good news is that Tetris played through without the skipping I experienced on my cheaper turntable and the other record also played skip free and didn't exhibit the pops I heard on the cheaper turntable, but the motor seemed to have issues on another record although it might have been down to the slipmat but a stop and start of the turntable along with some turning of the pitch control knob sorted that (might have been a minor issue since this unit fires up the turntable motor after I turned it on and when this happened, I didn't stop it like I did the first time).

Since this does have a replaceable cartridge, I might just replace it (that does depend on if the cartridge is a genuine audio technica part since I'm not sure that it is) for something better with a suitable stylus with some modding to add a permanent solution to adjust the tracking force without having to jam coins somewhere to do that (as long as something like auto set anti skate doesn't mess things up), but I'm actually going to go and do what I was going to do and get the suitcase style turntable that is a lot better then all the others (as long as I don't get a dud unit).
get something from projcet or audio technica or even a rega and theose cheap record players are junk. my projcet debut carbon dc cost me £299 from amazon that was the cheapest price i coud find it for.

Been meaning to get this one for a bit, £30 seems alright so went ahead and picked up a copy.

qI7FdWXh.jpg

There are some other CE's I want, just need to consider when to get them.

Princess Principal CE looks really good, but I need to actually watch the show a bit see if I like it first.

Girls' Last Tour CE also looks great, the anime was really good but shame it didn't end properly. Hoping to get for a bit cheaper than the £40 I've seen it for. They could have done with a film or something to end the anime with.

Erased CE - I may just bite the bullet and pick this up if I see it for £30 again.

Konosuba S1 CE to go with my S2 one I ordered, I think I will be very out of luck, or very out of pocket trying to get that though.

Garden of Sinners CE box also looks great, but I need to watch that as well.

I really enjoyed it and yeah the CE is one of the nicest MVM have ever put out!
(+1) I agree with this statement. Though I own the sentai set, MVM handled this CE nicely as well.
I'm almost certain I will also, watched a trailer and it looked good, I need to crack on and watch some episodes!
The steampunk, spy and espionage theme is a real breath of fresh air. Soundtrack by the wonderful Yuki Kajiura. She's on point as expected with her other works.

Damn, Re:Zero looks amazing. I have first edition, but now I'm thinking about getting this version also, buahah. It's any additional things also? Booklet or something?

Also arrived yesterday from Zavvi (40% off promotion):

img_1595_wynik.jpg
RE: Zero CE Season 1 is the art box, Part 1 & 2 in blu ray cases and a 32 (maybe 28 if via MVM site) page art book (but the art book in this version is a paper back art book rather than the hardback versions you will have for the part CE version).

EDIT: I haven't actually opend mine up but the blurb sheet on the back say there is just 2 Blu ray discs, is this correct? (or have they just got confused and put 2 blu rays for essentially part 1)
EDIT 2: Just checked Anime on-line and they mention 4 blu rays so it must just be a typo on the info sheet.

Last edited:
*REtake
End of week arrivals
Polish_20210213_202449638.png

- Nintendo Switch Console Mario Red & Blue Edition
(though I'm still debating between this edition and "Monster Hunter Rise Bundle" hard decisions...)
- The Caligula Effect Overdose Limited Edition
(Going back in. Never thought I'd be reunited with this set)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- KILL la KILL Vol. 5 AOA Release
(now gunning for the other four volumes... yay 😐)
- Re:ZERO Season One Complete Collection

From @DragonBlaze67 collection

(As always the titles are in the best condition, pretty much "Like New". Thanks again Dragon for this selection 🙌

• Golden Time Complete Series
  • Grimoire of Zero Limited Edition
  • Serial Experiments Lain Complete Collection
  • Rosario + Vampire Complete Series

Last edited:
So I figured I'd post up some construction photos of my pre-fab anime shelf I received earlier this week. This morning I worked on making a platform base for the shelf unit, from outdoor-grade PVC trim. My basement does get some water seepage in a couple spots along the wall if we get any heavy rains of about 4"-5" or more, so I always modify any of my theater room furniture so it is up off the floor slightly to protect it from any water damage.

I stopped by the local home improvement store yesterday morning and purchased a single piece of 2 1/2" x 8' PVC trim, and this morning I fashioned a 40" x 9" x 3/4" platform for the base of the shelf unit to sit on perfectly. I cut the necessary pieces to length with a circular saw, and drilled proper holes to countersink the 3" drywall screws an inch deep at each end, so they would hold the wide pieces of trim together securely. The two short 4" spacers just lay inside the frame; I did not bother to screw them in as that isn't really necessary:

pvcbase1.jpg

pvcbase2.jpg

pvcbase3.jpg

pvcbase4.jpg

pvcbase5.jpg

Now on to assembling the shelf unit itself...

oscarshelf1.jpg

oscarshelf2.jpg

Now I just need to put 4000 shelf pegs into those little holes and set all the shelves in place! 😩

oscarshelf3.jpg

And... Done! But so am I, now - time for this Old Man to take a nap, lol! 😴

oscarshelf4.jpg

Back