What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Low effort pic because I'm extremely pissed. After 2 weeks of waiting, my copy of Speed Racer ordered on Amazon UK and fulfilled by Amazon US is smashed to pieces. This also happened when I ordered Gravity Falls. At least it's only the cases but I'm done ordering through Amazon US if all they're going to do is throw international orders in a jiffy bag and not give a damn. Can anyone recommend me a place to buy American BD cases? As I know they differ from the UK ones since they're much thinner.

I received more than this today but I'll be honest, I just wanted to rant about this, sorry.
View attachment 17034
Has happened to me before when ordering Anime through amazon that comes from the US, very annoying. I did complain to their customer service and they gave me a voucher, so recommend everyone to do the same.

I did complain to their customer service and they gave me a voucher, so recommend everyone to do the same.
I tried to find a way to complain but it keeps trying to get me to go through with a return or replacement and knowing that it'll just happen again, I'd rather keep the smashed copy and replace the cases. Would I just complain via like their live chat service?

I tried to find a way to complain but it keeps trying to get me to go through with a return or replacement and knowing that it'll just happen again, I'd rather keep the smashed copy and replace the cases. Would I just complain via like their live chat service?
complaining through live chat usually ends up with a partial, or full refund in my experience

Low effort pic because I'm extremely pissed. After 2 weeks of waiting, my copy of Speed Racer ordered on Amazon UK and fulfilled by Amazon US is smashed to pieces. This also happened when I ordered Gravity Falls. At least it's only the cases but I'm done ordering through Amazon US if all they're going to do is throw international orders in a jiffy bag and not give a damn. Can anyone recommend me a place to buy American BD cases? As I know they differ from the UK ones since they're much thinner.

I received more than this today but I'll be honest, I just wanted to rant about this, sorry.
View attachment 17034
the only difference with cases here and there are on 1-2 disc cases, that's a 15mm case which you can usually get from cheap copies of true blood (just make sure it's a 5 disc season cause i think some are 4 and some are 6 discs), i'd link to replacement case sites but for some reason they all seem to be out of stock

complaining through live chat usually ends up with a partial, or full refund in my experience
I've just come off live chat with them and they've issued a full refund and waived the return requirement. Was very quick and painless compared to other times I've had to deal with Amazon customer service.

the only difference with cases here and there are on 1-2 disc cases, that's a 15mm case which you can usually get from cheap copies of true blood (just make sure it's a 5 disc season cause i think some are 4 and some are 6 discs), i'd link to replacement case sites but for some reason they all seem to be out of stock
Oh! This is really good to know, since I can get multipacks of 15mm, 5 disc boxes on eBay for a pretty good price.

I live in the US and I stopped buying any anime whatsoever from Amazon US years ago, because this is pretty much par for the course for them. I don't know if I've ever received a pristine, undamaged anime from them. They care absolutely nothing about packing stuff safely, just throw it into a bag or empty box with zero padding and ship it out as cheaply and quickly as possible, and deal with any damage claims later. Sure it's easy to get a replacement through them, but that one usually arrives even more damaged than the original. For me Amazon US simply does not exist as an anime retailer option.

Last edited:
I live in the US and I stopped buying any anime whatsoever from Amazon US years ago, because this is pretty much par for the course for them. I don't know if I've ever received a pristine, undamaged anime from them. They care absolutely nothing about packing stuff safely, just throw it into a bag or empty box with zero padding and ship it out as cheaply and quickly as possible, and deal with any damage claims later. Sure it's easy to get a replacement through them, but that one usually arrives even more damaged than the original. For me Amazon US simply does not exist as an anime retailer option.
Or worse. Recently my brother bought a set of Transformers figures that Amazon US had as an exclusive, they just threw a shipping label onto figure box with no packaging whatsoever.

First one for RE:Zero S1 CE arriving? :)

yavoMtBh.jpg

Or worse. Recently my brother bought a set of Transformers figures that Amazon US had as an exclusive, they just threw a shipping label onto figure box with no packaging whatsoever.
Exactly - I just had that happen to me last week, I ordered a single cup coffee maker for my office at work, and it arrived on my porch in just the product box, advertising the contents for everyone to see. Granted it was only a $20 item, but I was probably lucky it didn't disappear before I even received it. But anime figure boxes is on a whole other level, since the packaging box itself is considered a major part of the collectability. What idiots.

I received a pre-fab media shelf for more anime storage yesterday from Amazon, so assembling and stocking this will be a good project for the 3-day Holiday weekend (President's Day on Monday the 15th here in the US). I usually build and paint my own media shelving from scratch, but it's winter and I have no place to construct and paint one right now. I'll probably build a replacement for this come summertime, and put this shelf unit inside my walk-in closet in the basement theater area for non-essential media storage, like my live action movies or whatnot.

oscarshelf.jpg

VMvWYzo.jpg

The replacement GPO PR50 turned up today, and while it's in a better state then the defective one (the headphone socket does at least work on this one) with the exception of the damage to the cover near the back of the tone arm (about the same as was on the defective unit) it wasn't all good as I did my little hack to lower the tracking force (two pennies jammed on either side of the tone arm near what they laughingly refer to as a counterweight with a 5p added to get the tracking force under 3.5g) and sadness part 1 got about a minute in and started repeating the same part over and over (removing the 5p part of my weight adjustment hack fixed that) and opposites attract did the same near the end with no changes in the added weight making and difference and moving the counterweight would have put the tracking force massively over spec for the stylus and would have taken the tracking force over the 6g max tracking force set down decades ago.
The good news is that Tetris played through without the skipping I experienced on my cheaper turntable and the other record also played skip free and didn't exhibit the pops I heard on the cheaper turntable, but the motor seemed to have issues on another record although it might have been down to the slipmat but a stop and start of the turntable along with some turning of the pitch control knob sorted that (might have been a minor issue since this unit fires up the turntable motor after I turned it on and when this happened, I didn't stop it like I did the first time).

Since this does have a replaceable cartridge, I might just replace it (that does depend on if the cartridge is a genuine audio technica part since I'm not sure that it is) for something better with a suitable stylus with some modding to add a permanent solution to adjust the tracking force without having to jam coins somewhere to do that (as long as something like auto set anti skate doesn't mess things up), but I'm actually going to go and do what I was going to do and get the suitcase style turntable that is a lot better then all the others (as long as I don't get a dud unit).

Back