What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Better late than never I suppose.
AeuuHiBl.jpg

I don't care what condition mine arrives in, as long as the discs can play, then I'm happy. Can't complain at ALL for that price.
True true, it’s just frustrating that Amazon would package the set so haphazardly. It’s all well and good saying it was £20 but imagine someone who paid £150 for the set and it came the same way. The lack of consistency with the packaging is annoying-that’s what I was getting at. Ah well I’m looking forward to delving into the set eventually-there’s a lot of films to get through!

If it arrives to Denmark in good condition, I'll keep the discs in the box, otherwise I might do custom covers for the box.

Yeah okay, I didn't think about it like that. For the price I paid, I couldn't care less about the condition. But I do see if someone paid £150 for it, wanted it in pristine condition. Though I couldn't imagine paying that much for a release lol.
Don't know if you saw my post from last month where I got The Martian 4K from Amazon US. They shipped it in an oversized cardboard box, no protection at all. I was lucky that the cover wasn't cracked. But EVERY time I've ordered from Amazon US, it's always been bubblemailers, which always ruin the paper-artwork thing.
I saw and shuddered, their packaging really sucks, or rather their lack of knowing what bubblewrap sucks

There's no logic to Amazon's packaging. I've received box sets in jiffy bags and single CDs in a large cardboard box. Luckily, their CS is pretty good regarding damaged items.
Yeah that tends to be the saving grace. Their CS are usually pretty good about refunds and returns.

On a side note what did people include in their emails for replacement discs?
I sent an email last night to

[email protected]

Hello,

I have recently received the Criterion Zatoichi box set. However, I believe disc 6 is actually region A not region B. And that you are offering a disc replacement.
Is it possible for me to get a copy of the replacement disc? What do I need to do?

Thank you

I also included my name and address. I received an email this morning from Sony saying they are sending the discs out on 17th (today). Didn't need to provide proof of purchase or send off the disc.

How was the packaging?

Well, it was packaged in those fold-out boxes where you have to pull the strip from the side in order to open it, and there's no protective padding (i.e. bubble wrap) inside, but despite that, it all came without any damage whatsoever.

Last edited:
Well, it was packaged in those fold-out boxes where you have to pull the strip from the side in order to open it, and there's no protective padding (i.e. bubble wrap) inside, but despite that, it all came out any damage whatsoever.
Hoo boy I thought as much. They shipped my Doctor Who Season 19 set like that and it came with a ding in the corner. Fingers crossed that no one receives damaged sets.

AL sale items arrived today, delivery was by TNT Express and on the label say dispatch/pickup was on the 14th.
Also interesting to note, I placed these 4 as 4 seperate orders, so it looks like they combined Bahamut, grimgar and genius into one big box and the shinkai movies in a small mailer on its own. So I guess expect a few things to come combined if you placed seperate orders on the same day maybe.

IMG_20181217_120451.jpg

Last edited:
Back