What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received these this week:

- Playstation 3 12 GB Super Slim
- PS3 HDD mounting bracket
- golden 2m HDMI cable
- Ni no Kuni PS3 game
- Red Dead Redemption GOTY PS3 game
- The Last of Us PS3 game (+free T-Shirt)
- Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar Part 1 LE and Part 2 DVD/BD
- Dance in the Vampire Bund Omnibus 1 (manga Vol 1-3)
- Dance in the Vampire Bund Omnibus 2 (manga Vol 4-6)

mangaman74 said:
Ath said:
Tales of Xillia
My copy arrived today.
Same actually, Amazon didn't even send me a dispatch email. I haven't even had a chance to play it yet though.

Joshawott said:
Finally. Marathon tonight!
I actually had the same idea and just completed my Marathon of it. Bloody good I must say.

Tind said:
Received these this week:
Nice Bluray player you've got there. I hope you enjoy your movies!
In all seriousness though that's not a bad haul. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
P1030465_zps95c45d68.jpg

Only Haibane-Renmei is mine, I bought the others for my brother - fingers crossed he'll like them
(apart from Soul Eater, as he's already seen that)

I'm not sure if Haibane-Renmei is my cup of tea, but people speak highly of it, so it's worth a shot.

During my holiday in Lanzarote, I got this:
DSC03631.jpg

And my new BD/DVD copy arrived earlier than the 20th release date (as others have), also my first Limited Edition Import:
DSC03633.jpg
DSC03634.jpg

DSC03636.jpg
DSC03635.jpg
DSC03637.jpg

DSC03638.jpg
DSC03639.jpg

DSC03641.jpg
DSC03642.jpg

DSC03640.jpg
DSC03643.jpg

I won't post what's behind those discs because it's so full of fanservice (hehehe).

I'm also one of the lucky 200 winners to receive a 'movic set' from Daisuki, mine should arrive within a few weeks after filling in the form last week.

I was incredibly happy and surprised that this arrived so soon. Only a week and half from Yesasia this time instead of 6-8 weeks.
Garden of Sinners, Haruhi and 5cm Blurays (My first glorious Pink BD case!).

OLwekFW.jpg

z2k3JJ5.jpg
H0Na7Ch.jpg

Thankfully I got the Haruhi Art card thingy in the BD Box. I wanted either her or Kyon ^_^
wIhXCBx.jpg

rSF0xFN.jpg

Surprising the booklet included in the 5CM BD is in English.
L9aXTg5.jpg

I am extremely jealous of you now. I know 5cm/s is about £40 on Play/Yes/whatever-asia so I can pick that up at some point (heck I even planned to pick it up back in June but I ended up getting some other stuff instead (Black Lagoon, Ga-Rei-Zero etc.)).

Fun fact about the 5cm BD, the Global edition (or Pink edition) is designed for international owners hence the English dubs available on Voices of a Distant Star and 5cm plus the subs for every feature on there. The director himself said he was only able to make the booklet translate into English because it was too complicated for the other languages or something similar (via facebook page).

Busy with making English version booklet put in 5 Centimeters per Second Global Edition... translated from the one in DVD/BD released before in JP.
If you have a copy of Japanese version with booklet full of alien letters, now you will find what they are:)
(sorry only English, too hard to make with 11 languages)

Haruhi Suzumiya BDs have the english dub but at around £250 it's rather expensive. That's said about the Lucky Star BDs (with no english dub or sub on the OVA dammit).

One rather silly question about Kara no Kyoukai, the BD version you own now. Does it have English subtitles?

In answer to your question, the short answer is Yes. The KnK Regular Edition BD discs are NEARLY the same as the old LE set.

Discs 1 - 7 are untouched and are exactly the same as the LE set discs, so they contain Japanese/English Subtitles as well as the Pre-Show shorts. Disc 8 on the other hand which contains the Epilogue has been re-authored and whilst I'm 99% sure it still has the subtitles, I've heard the special Remix: Gate of Seventh heaven movie which summarised the first 6 movies to music has been removed.

NormanicGrav said:
Haruhi Suzumiya BDs have the english dub but at around £250 it's rather expensive. That's said about the Lucky Star BDs (with no english dub or sub on the OVA dammit).
Yes The Haruhi BD Box is quite expensive, but Haruhi was the first anime I ever bought/watched, so It was a no brainer for me to buy this. I still have my old Beez DVD Box but I can't force myself to get rid of it because it has some Sentimental value to me ;_;
The Garden of Sinners set I was more than happy to pay the price for too. Because I'd only just discovered it last year, the old LE sets were obviously long since OOP. I always said I would be willing to pay like £300-400 if it got a decent release in the US/UK, so when the JP BD Box was announced and was only £215 I HAD to buy it.

On your other point about Lucky Star - I've heard is a waste of time and money. Apparently it was a really bad Upscale.

I've never bought anything from yes asia, just to ask, do you normally face import charges or the like.
The haruhi blu-ray set, while wholeheartedly desired by moi, is just a little too expensive for me, but i love garden of sinners so much that i'll probably try and get it before the end of the year, providing there are no hidden costs, and maybe 5cm per second, but that will probably be purchased along with Arise and garden of words at some point.

PS. the depth of my jealousy right now is unfathomable :x

oh and is the sinners set region locked

manga_addicted95 said:
I've never bought anything from yes asia, just to ask, do you normally face import charges or the like.
The haruhi blu-ray set, while wholeheartedly desired by moi, is just a little too expensive for me, but i love garden of sinners so much that i'll probably try and get it before the end of the year, providing there are no hidden costs, and maybe 5cm per second, but that will probably be purchased along with Arise and garden of words at some point.

PS. the depth of my jealousy right now is unfathomable :x

oh and is the sinners set region locked
No Import charges if you buy from Yesasia. Garden of Sinners is region free, and I'm sure all Japanese anime blurays are region free too.
You're aware that Funi are releasing the exact same Japanese Arise set just with an English translated booklet right? It's on UP1 currently and it's slightly cheaper than the JP release.

I think I might have to buy the 5cm Per Second Blu-ray. I didn't know it included the English dub (presumably the Bang Zoom one, which I haven't heard). With the inclusion of Voices of a Distant Star, She and Her Cat, and the translated booklet as well, the £45~ price tag is much easier to swallow. In fact it's a veritable bargain insofar as Japanese Blu-ray releases go. Thanks for posting the pics.

PS: you can delete posts by clicking the blue X underneath your post text.

I just put the disc in and the dub included is the Bandai dub, which I also have not heard since I watched the ADV dub.
I'd also note that the extras included are 4:3 and SD, but you get Voices of a Distant Star, She and her Cat as well as an interview with Shinkai (all subbed, other than Voices which is Dub/Sub).

Some random menu images. Everything is in English.

pC5dGAj.jpg

axFhqgq.jpg

YOaJb3q.jpg

I've had these over the past couple of days most of it turned up today =3

~sorry for the number of pictures XD~

Bessatsu spoon. 2Di Vol.39 and Vol 40 <3 love the posters that came with these <3

Free! ED Single

Kuroko no Basket One Coin Set

Jafar, Sinbad and Masrur Chibi Kyun-Chara

Drrr!/Gintama/Magi Clear Files

My GSC WF order, not all mine only one of the Snow Miku's is

Uta no Prince-Sama Masato and Ren Dream Cushions <3

Mixed lot =3

I delayed my plan on getting the Rebuild of Evangelions in case of any defects or getting the US versions (which are also region B compatible), but what I liked about the UK versions was the cover and the special collector's edition that is included with 2.22. After a year later, I realised the collector's edition (which was also a combo pack) was selling out everywhere on the internet and I just had to pick one up at some point during the last few months. I then noticed it in HMV Peterborough and kept my eye on it for a while, no one bothered with it so I decided to pick it up. At £11.99, it's not a bad price for a Collector's Edition. I also nabbed Ghost in the Shell: Innocence since it was a fiver.

DSC03644.jpg
DSC03646.jpg

DSC03647.jpg
DSC03649.jpg

DSC03650.jpg
DSC03651.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

I find it rather awkward that I haven't bought Evangelion 1.11 yet, but since it's only a fiver these days I can pick one up in the next few months. Other than Akira, I got most of the CEs with just Redline and Wolf Children left to grab.

Back