What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received the JP Limited Edition of Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel I: Presage Flower today from Amazon Japan, and I see now why shipping was delayed a full extra day - fortunately, no damage to the anime inside, due to ordering a large magazine with it to be sure it shipped shrink-wrapped to a cardboard plank glued inside a box... :relief:

hfpackage.jpg

Here's a few shot's of the Heaven's Feel LE box set:

fatehf1a.jpg

fatehf1b.jpg

fatehf1c.jpg

fatehf1d.jpg

fatehf1e.jpg

I also received the ReLIFE LE today from Rightstuf's Funimation Sale:

relifele.jpg

Last edited:
Received Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust today and bought the rest from HMV yesterday. Thinking of putting in another order at HMV for the Arrow 5 for £30, anyone got any recommendations?
View attachment 3491View attachment 3492
To live and die in LA is superb, just finished watching it. If you haven't already got them I can recommend the following:
Shivers
Blow Out
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Battle Royale
Videodrome
Audition
Donnie Darko
Society
King of New York

Received Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust today and bought the rest from HMV yesterday. Thinking of putting in another order at HMV for the Arrow 5 for £30, anyone got any recommendations?
View attachment 3491View attachment 3492
The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Matinee, Time Bandits, The Burbs, Donnie Darko, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Day of Anger, Bound....to name a few :)

To live and die in LA is superb, just finished watching it. If you haven't already got them I can recommend the following:
Shivers
Blow Out
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Battle Royale
Videodrome
Audition
Donnie Darko
Society
King of New York
The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Matinee, Time Bandits, The Burbs, Donnie Darko, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Day of Anger, Bound....to name a few :)

Cheers, out of those i haven't got/seen: To live and die in LA, Blow Out, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Audition, Day of Anger & Bound so i'll get most of those :)

They do this with all orders now. Its why I prefer to use them where possible

Actually no, it's just the opposite - Amazon Japan used to pack all of their anime in a plank-in-the-box, up until around July of last year, then they started shipping even two or three anime together in a bubble mailer - as long as they fit. I've received four damaged LE sets since then because of them shipping in a bag instead of a box. And, because their value were all over ¥7500, I was required to return the damaged anime sets back to them. An LE box set cost about ¥10000 (or about $95) to return to amazon.co.jp, so I had to make the extra effort to get them to cover the return shipping pre-paid. The large magazine trick was something suggested by a member on another forum who imports a lot of anime, to help prevent them from shipping anime in a bag, and that has worked flawlessly up until just recently - but now stiivun just reported on here he had his latest anime order ship in a bag even with the large magazine included. So yeah, if that starts happening regularly, I'll be looking to other online retailers for importing.

Did you call me sir :)

So yeah that's what happened for me with Bandit Flower earlier this week for which i also ordered even two Newtype magazines to try and profit from the plank-in-the-box packaging but to no avail as it arrived in a big bubble mailer.

Did pre-order Heaven's Feel I: Presage Flower with an A4 artbook but two weeks ago Amazon Japan decided hey let's ship the art book first and then later the BD. This is the second this has happened, because also with my pre-order of the Gundam Origin VI, Amazon JP already send me the art book i've ordered with it. Might be that i cancel Origin VI close to release date, but only after checking if the pricing has gone up too much.

My copy of Heaven's Feel will normally arrive on Monday, hope it comes in a plank-in-the-box package as it seems rather 'big'.

Must say first time i received a Newtype magazine last week, they look very nice although i can't understand a sentence in it :) Also some lovely posters come with it.

Got myself some (mostly) anime themed T-Shirts from Qwertee

41998739762_dd88a2efd3_b.jpg
the one I really like there is the bebop one, you couldn't mistake it for anything else
I received the JP Limited Edition of Fate Stay Night: Heaven's Feel I: Presage Flower today from Amazon Japan, and I see now why shipping was delayed a full extra day - fortunately, no damage to the anime inside, due to ordering a large magazine with it to be sure it shipped shrink-wrapped to a cardboard plank glued inside a box... :relief:

hfpackage.jpg

Here's a few shot's of the Heaven's Feel LE box set:

fatehf1a.jpg

fatehf1b.jpg

fatehf1c.jpg

fatehf1d.jpg

fatehf1e.jpg

I also received the ReLIFE LE today from Rightstuf's Funimation Sale:

relifele.jpg
that fate box is one beautiful box, I wonder if we'll get something like that when it's here? AL usually comes up with those kind of sets, but they don't handle fate from what I've seen

Thanks for the info! I've recently only purchased things like Figures, mugs and Pens that come with the Plank-in-a-box style. If I ever order anything like DVD's or Magazines I'll try and include something oddly shaped like a cheap petite nendo or even another pen :)

Cheers, out of those i haven't got/seen: To live and die in LA, Blow Out, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Audition, Day of Anger & Bound so i'll get most of those :)
I know none of the list mentioned to you except Donnie Darko, which I can also recommend. Especially the soundtrack. (Also it has some "rabbit" in it, lol.)

Back