What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Couple of funi LE's arrived from UP1.
iGQLaQO.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

In This Corner of the World arrived from Amazon, surprised it took a few days despite having Prime.

A few bits and pieces to point out:
  • Blu-ray is Region B only. DVD is PAL Region 2 only.
  • Main feature has unlockable subtitles.
  • There are no extras on the Blu-ray disc.
  • The DVD bonus features disc is exclusive to the limited edition only.
  • The three extras included on the bonus features disc I don't believe are included in the US Shout! Factory release. Also you can't turn off subs with this disc.
  • It's a nice limited edition set for Manga, though I was expecting the booklet to have more than I anticipated (it's detailed though).
More photos of the box:
IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

Main feature has unlockable subtitles
Apart from songs which seem permanent. Currently watching the English dub and at 1:10 in, Suzu is signing whilst working and lyrics appear. I will have to post this in the defective thread as the lyrics are from the Japanese version and don't match the English version! And they are a slightly different style.

Apart from songs which seem permanent. Currently watching the English dub and at 1:10 in, Suzu is signing whilst working and lyrics appear. I will have to post this in the defective thread as the lyrics are from the Japanese version and don't match the English version! And they are a slightly different style.

I'll take note of this on my blog, as I haven't touched the actual film yet (I've been caught up on other things).

Beyond the Boundary, Digimon Tri Reunion & Knights of Sidonia S1 from CEX and Snafu S2, YLiA OST & Goose House (YLiA OP) CD from a seller on ebay. Probably goig to have to rebuy Digimon Tri Reunion as it didn't come with the poster & artcards which was the part of the reason why i bought it to see which i preferred the UK or USA set i've got.

20171025_155617[1].jpg

Ok for the first item I received today its quite a weird one.

I ordered Twelve kingdoms part 1 used off amazon marketplace so to go with it went to secondspin, and ordered part 2 since why not when I've just bought part 1.

Few days later part 2 is shipped, and part 1 is cancelled since the seller apparently had it on DVD, and not blu-ray saying it was a amazon mistake.

my secondspin parcel arrived today, and surprisingly they sent me Twelve Kingdoms part 1. That has put me in a good mood since I only paid $10 :3
d2kT330.jpg

I also got a package from Simplygames today my first time using them, and they delivered me Super Mario Odyssey a couple days early. Today is a good day!

kNi1kci.jpg

I don't know whether to be impressed or jealous. Well, both I guess, but I'm not sure in what ratio! :D
There's a small dent on the box (you can kind of see it in the picture, just above Askua's right elbow) and 3 of the volumes are PAL, but aside from that, I'm pretty happy with it.

There's a small dent on the box (you can kind of see it in the picture, just above Askua's right elbow) and 3 of the volumes are PAL, but aside from that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Well done. I'll probably have to wait for the eventual BD box to make its way here.

e...

v...

e...

n...

t...

u...

a...

l...

l...

y...

They somehow think that serious collectors of Limited Edition anime and their Funi-Fandom base are the same crowd. They're shrink-wrapping the art cards outside the box now because their fandom wants it that way - to save shelf space. Nevermind that more space somewhere else in your house has to be junked up with packs and packs of loose art cards and whatever other trinkets they no longer put inside their boxes. I'd rather have it all conveniently stored in one box, but yeah... It's just another big reason I almost completely stopped buying US Funimation releases and am importing as much as I can from the UK instead. I've pretty much developed a vile hatred for that company over the past year, especially.

They somehow think that serious collectors of Limited Edition anime and their Funi-Fandom base are the same crowd. They're shrink-wrapping the art cards outside the box now because their fandom wants it that way - to save shelf space. Nevermind that more space somewhere else in your house has to be junked up with packs and packs of loose art cards and whatever other trinkets they no longer put inside their boxes. I'd rather have it all conveniently stored in one box, but yeah... It's just another big reason I almost completely stopped buying US Funimation releases and am importing as much as I can from the UK instead. I've pretty much developed a vile hatred for that company over the past year, especially.

I agree with this. They messed up their Overlord release by putting art cards outside the box and recently I bought Relife only to find they did the same for this release. Funi Limited editions are not really worth the money tbh, they cant be arsed putting the cards inside the box which I suspect is down to cost cutting more than fan demand.

Am I strange for putting art cards on the wall? I don't really mind one way or the other wrt how they're stored (though if I want to display them, but doing so would make the cases loose in the box that would be a bit annoying). When art cards used to come inside DVD cases I got in the habit of immediately removing them and putting them in an old ringbinder so the clips on the inside of the DVD cases wouldn't mark them anyway.

Personally I don't put anything up on my walls unless I can frame them (for protection) and framing art cards would get expensive after a while.

That is one of the reasons I haven't been getting Funimation LEs, just their standard stuff which isn't released over here for a long time usually.

I just figure (matter of personal opinion, of course) there's not a lot of point in me having nice pictures if I never see them. I mean art books are a bit different as I'll get them out and have a flip through fairly regularly, but I can't say I'd ever get art cards out of a box just to look at them, so my favourites at least go on the wall.

Back