What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I've been a bit bad at posting my recent pickups so this includes my pickups over the last 2-3 weeks.

First todays pickup is Crest of the Stars Integrale Edition from @Luna, while this set doesn't contain english subs/dub for the first 2 volumes it does for volume 3. This set also contains Crest of the Stars Special Edition which is a recap film, and Passage of the Stars which is a prequel OVA episode.

IMG_20170715_183111.jpg

From Amazon Global US store during its sale Spice & Wolf S1/S2 set. From a used marketplace seller on Amazon UK Ranma 1/2 Special Edition Set 3 , and from WOWHD Ranma 1/2 Special Edition set 2

0gl7vek.jpg

From Amazon JP the final volume of Youjo Senki (Saga of Tanya the Evil), which comes with this nice storage box, A booklet and a soundtrack for the music of the show.

IMG_20170715_183301.jpg

IMG_20170715_183349.jpg

What weird font is that on the Yojou Senki one. o.o That's obviously German, but seriously unintelligable.
("Der Frieden ist das höchste ?de?? der Menschheit" ???)

What weird font is that on the Yojou Senki one. o.o That's obviously German, but seriously unintelligable.
("Der Frieden ist das höchste ?de?? der Menschheit" ???)

I'm not entirely sure what it says. I've been trying to figure it out since I got it.

edit -

@Luna I had a try at the missing word

"Der Frieden ist das höchste ideal der Menschheit"

so in English (thanks google translate)

"Peace is the highest ideal of mankind"

Last edited:
Now that you say it, it becomes obvious. (The a even repeats itself from the "das"...) Google translate is on spot too, for a change.
Didn't had that word "Ideal" on mind at all, because the usual phrase is "Der Frienden ist das höchste Gut der Menschheit". Which it obviously couldn't have been.

Now that you say it, it becomes obvious. (The a even repeats itself from the "das"...) Google translate is on spot too, for a change.
Didn't had that word "Ideal" on mind at all, because the usual phrase is "Der Frienden ist das höchste Gut der Menschheit". Which it obviously couldn't have been.

Thanks for translating most of it. It's been bugging me for awhile, and I had a try but without even knowing what character was which the furthest I got was "Der Frieden"

For Japanese German that's really good Doitsu. No Grammar errors or mispellings. Mighty surpised, actually. They missed the proper saying "Das höchste Gut", but you can't know that without some historical/philosophical context. There isn't even a proper English term for it. (English uses the Latin Summum Bonum for philosophical context and for anything else workarounds are in place.)
I wonder, what Japanese phrase they translated it off from.
... I should go and watch that show, lol.

I'm usually not into German WK2 inspired stuff. Given German's history, our history lessons in school and almost anything in the media are like notorious brainwashing sessions. I'm Asian by blood, so I seem to kind of missing out on that specific thing all of that brainwashing is targeted to, because I am an outsider and I don't have this "This is what your ancestry did. You should be ashamed for it, too." part. I still ended up with a trained disdain for anything with military bravado. Probably not because of the shame part, but rather because I am notorously annoyed over the fact that all of our history lessons basically consisted of almost only that and I still can see how my general world history education is lacking. (Other countries even have dedicated "world history" subjects...)

I've shot them a message asking for confirmation my other two were sent out.

I also emailed them and just received a response.

According to them the item hasn't been returned to them as undelivered and may still be in transit (which is obviously quite possible) but they're intending to send out a replacement "if one is available"

So there's the possibility of ending up with two copies, the one I originally ordered, or a refund once the allotted time has passed to be declared lost.

I also emailed them and just received a response.

According to them the item hasn't been returned to them as undelivered and may still be in transit (which is obviously quite possible) but they're intending to send out a replacement "if one is available"

So there's the possibility of ending up with two copies, the one I originally ordered, or a refund once the allotted time has passed to be declared lost.

I got an identical email too. I'd feel a little bad if I did end up with two, it's possible they're just a couple of days late. Oh well.

I only received a dispatch email from Dodax for "The Perfect Insider" which arrived today.

Last edited:
So I received emails from my two Dodax order stating the exact same thing, that they would look into sending a replacement. Pretty good of them if it comes to that.

Back