What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

33299973462_599730041a_b.jpg

I love going into a CeX and finding stuff you couldn't get in any other shop. I'm aware that Violence Jack was cut for the UK, but for the cheap price, I couldn't really pass it up. If I like it, I'll consider importing the US uncut version.

You'll like it if you're into big knives and lesbianism
You forgot Cannibalism, Rape, Torture and 'a bit of the old ultra violence'. Violence Jack is some truly ****** up **** haha

Not going to lie, I only bought it based on the fact I heard it's ridiculously over the top violent/offensive.

It's truly something for lack of a better term 'incredible'. The only thing it's missing is some tentacle monster and you probably would have had the most trashy exploitative OVA imaginable. At least when talking about Episode 2 "Evil Town". Episodes 1 is pretty lackluster and boring. Episode 3 is alright but Episode 2 is where all the crazy stuff happens.

So today arrived something which is, sorry was, on my Holy Grail list of anime releases, both long OOP by now; the Premium Editions of Katanagatari.

Grats on the Katanagatari sets. I did express interest to Strat, but it was a bit too high for me as a blind buy so I left it for someone who loves the show to get. I hope they look lovely on your shelves.

Only got the shipment email this morning but it's here today...

aYITUpsl.jpg
mTEusoil.jpg

No Zelda yet, which is odd as I've never had something from Simply Games not come the next day....oh well.

Last edited:
Well, because I'm steamed about this, and I figure it might be relevant to some folks on this forum...

I bought one of these, having need of a Scart to HDMI converter:
6112Gv0lfDL._SL1200_.jpg

I was told it was one of the best units of its type on the market. It is not. It's cheaply made Chinese CRAP. Pretty sure this outputs something more like a composite video signal over the HDMI output. But the bigger issue is that it simply doesn't work reliably, with picture cut out and audio drop outs occurring randomly.

Most likely this was a faulty unit. But the performance was bad enough that I've already boxed it up for return.

had the steelbook for howl's moving castle and a few other ghibli for a while but the numbers on the spine made me want all of the normal blurays so now upto date with the ghibli films just annoyin Nausicaa doesn't have a slipcover and also found a new 2nd hand dvd/bluray/game shop in town and it has a bigger anime section than hmv and cex put together including some imports so got Colorful - anime about panties...why not ;)

IMG_20170316_180551.jpg

had the steelbook for howl's moving castle and a few other ghibli for a while but the numbers on the spine made me want all of the normal blurays so now upto date with the ghibli films just annoyin Nausicaa doesn't have a slipcover and also found a new 2nd hand dvd/bluray/game shop in town and it has a bigger anime section than hmv and cex put together including some imports so got Colorful - anime about panties...why not ;)
What makes things all the more confusing is that Colourful is now the name of two completely different anime, only one of which bearing a thematic emphasis on undergarments.

No idea when I'll actually play this as I'm currently playing Nier: Automata (which is all kinds of wonderful) and going by the pace I'm actually playing, I'll probably not be done until Persona 5 comes out.... Nice to have it for when I do wanna play it though.

AEHc2bql.jpg

Last edited:
Back