What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It is not uncommon, the ugly large colored bars and reduced size artwork on budget re-issues of video games has been standard for a while now. Ironically, all it seems to do is drive up second hand prices of "original" games, rather than actually benefit the publishers...

The final game in the Operation Rainfall trilogy is here:

Pandora.jpg

I've attempted an unboxing video for the first time ever...it's currently uploading onto Youtube. I'll link it here if you guys fancy some comedy later as I stumble my way through :p

^If you register all 3 Rainfall games on Club Nintendo, you get a commemorative coin set. Shame that I only own The Last Story, as my money went on this:

HNI_0087.jpg

HNI_0088.jpg

HNI_0089.jpg

HNI_0090.jpg

HNI_0091.jpg

Aniplex, y u no make Sayaka blu-ray disc? Her colour is BLUE!
HNI_0092.jpg

HNI_0093.jpg

HNI_0094.jpg

HNI_0095.jpg

HNI_0096.jpg

Poster 1 Side A
HNI_0097-1.jpg

Poster 1 Side B (this one's on my wall)
HNI_0098-1.jpg

Poster 2 Side A (On my wall)
HNI_0099-1.jpg

Poster 2 Side B
HNI_0100.jpg

HNI_0001-1.jpg

I still plan on framing all of these when I get volume 3.
HNI_0002.jpg

EDIT:
I just noticed something - the inside of the Soundtrack CD that has the track listing is missing a track - Ave Maria is the last track on the album (and the best. Fantastic cover version).

The full track listing is:
01. Decretum
02. Agmen clientum
03. Venari strigas
04. Signum malum
05. Amicae carae meae
06. Incertus
07. Ievitabilis
08. Serena ira
09. Anima mala
10. Pugna infinita
11. Vocalise op.34 No.14
12) Ave Maria

Ath said:
The final game in the Operation Rainfall trilogy is here:

-pic removed for scrolling-

I've attempted an unboxing video for the first time ever...it's currently uploading onto Youtube. I'll link it here if you guys fancy some comedy later as I stumble my way through :p

I got that today as well, I also got the pre-order bonus from HMV, cover box for all 3 games -ok kinda flimsy- and then another artbook -which is nice-

I took some photos -there a few so uploaded to a folder-
http://imageshack.us/g/862/129xu.jpg/

All though I didn't get this from HMV I did get this from work day, it was a pre-order bonus we where doing but we got more than pre-orders so we just give it away with the game -or I took one XD perk of the job-

The writing is metallic like but similar to the writing on the artbook

I wouldn't massively trust ONM to know what a game looks like without Mario in it, though.

All the bonus stuff for PT looks great!

I'd never heard of Pandoras Tower until Thursday night. I got a double sided poster for it in my Kitacon goody bag.

Anyways this is stuff I got in the Kitacon dealers room this past weekend:

6d2efec8.jpg

Italy (Hetalia) plushie rice ball :D It says 'Pasta' on the back and has Italian flags on the sides. Cutest thing ever.

41bf6641.jpg

d345e278.jpg

Ooh, maybe mine will be on my doormat tonight too. Though I still need to finish watching Brotherhood (delayed until July now since I ordered Funi's complete collection for the second half) >_>;

Edit: Is it yet another of those evil DVD-height blu-ray slipcases? Why can't they stop using them?

R

Rui said:
Ooh, maybe mine will be on my doormat tonight too. Though I still need to finish watching Brotherhood (delayed until July now since I ordered Funi's complete collection for the second half) >_>;

Edit: Is it yet another of those evil DVD-height blu-ray slipcases? Why can't they stop using them?

R

My copy should also be arriving soon. Can't agree more about those DVD sized slipcases. I can only think it is because they are putting them on the dvd shelves in stores (they are combo packs).

Thankfully this one is in a Blu-ray case! Both the Bluray and the 2 DVDs are in a case the same size as the US Brotherhood cases and the slipcover is embossed. I was afraid it would be a DVD case too, it would mess up my collection. Maybe because this one is a movie, Funi thought it would be ok if it turned up in the Blu-ray section of brick and mortar stores? Now it kinda bookends with my UK Brotherhood volume 1:

20120418_123617.jpg

Hurrah, mine did come today and it truly is in that normally sized slipcase instead of the crushable failure type. It's probably one of the better looking Funimation single releases in a while with the shiny bits. If they could either stick to this kind of thing for all of their blu-rays, or put them in DVD cases with slipcases that fit, I'd be happy.

I like how Ath's sequence of discs charts the descent into importing FMA.

R

Ath said:
20120418_114416.jpg

I'll have to wait till I get my region-free bluray player back to watch this on Friday.
I get paid tomorrow...yesh I need to order this.

Should I wait until September to get MangaUK's release? Hell naw (Especially as PlanetAxel are selling it for just under £15).

Now, should I make my other BD purchase of the month Squid Girl season 1, or the first Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood boxset? I already own the FMA:B DVDs, so how is the BDness? Worth a double dip or not?

The BDs have locked subtitles and the video is a (reportedly decent) upscale, so personally I'd go for the squid unless you already have that too. Axel seem to be doing free shipping today too for some reason.

R

Rui said:
The BDs have locked subtitles and the video is a (reportedly decent) upscale, so personally I'd go for the squid unless you already have that too. Axel seem to be doing free shipping today too for some reason.

R
Fair enough. I skipped Media Blasters' Squid Girl DVDs because of the problems with the volume 1 case. I probably would have taken the risk of the blu-ray wasn't announced. Thanks.

So my shopping list for when I get my moneys paid in will be Sacred Star of Milos and Squid Girl.

I want to say "don't support the hardsubs" but I also want to say "don't support the way MB dealt with the Ika-chan BD release", hmm...

Back