What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2024 HAUL - OCTOBER CHAPTER: BATCH #4

Two more items arrived this past week. There is going to be more but given the days getting darker they won't be in good lighting so the final batch of October is going to be posted in November instead (and its a long weekend given we have three unboxings to deal with i.e. BLEACH Set 1, BLEACH: Thousand Year Blood War Part 1 & Naruto Set 1).

PS5 Haul 6 - Visions of Mana.jpg

Another Japanese RPG arrives! Here we have Ys X: Nordics, the 10th main instalment in the Ys franchise by developer Falcom. NIS America once again is distributing the game in the west and I plan to play this at some point, given I'm still going through Metaphor. I enjoyed Ys Origin, Ys: Memories of Celceta (Ys IV remake), Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox so far, and there's sadly no buzz for this one which is a shame. More people need to play the Ys games.

Much like NISA's recent releases, the deluxe edition is essentially their first print editions that come with a mini-booklet and a digital soundtrack. There's no reversible cover here compared to previous titles.

J-Horror Rising - 08A.jpg

Macross finally reaches the west in the modern age with Macross Plus Ultimate Edition from Anime Limited. While AnimEigo are still cooking their Macross II release and Nozomi/Crunchyroll are in limbo on Macross 7, Macross Frontier and Macross Delta, Anime Limited ended up being the first to get theirs out of the door. It's a very nice release and while the discs are quite hard to remove from their slots, the overall package is great. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

2024 HAUL - OCTOBER CHAPTER: BATCH #4

Two more items arrived this past week. There is going to be more but given the days getting darker they won't be in good lighting so the final batch of October is going to be posted in November instead (and its a long weekend given we have three unboxings to deal with i.e. BLEACH Set 1, BLEACH: Thousand Year Blood War Part 1 & Naruto Set 1).

View attachment 36479

Another Japanese RPG arrives! Here we have Ys X: Nordics, the 10th main instalment in the Ys franchise by developer Falcom. NIS America once again is distributing the game in the west and I plan to play this at some point, given I'm still going through Metaphor. I enjoyed Ys Origin, Ys: Memories of Celceta (Ys IV remake), Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox so far, and there's sadly no buzz for this one which is a shame. More people need to play the Ys games.

Much like NISA's recent releases, the deluxe edition is essentially their first print editions that come with a mini-booklet and a digital soundtrack. There's no reversible cover here compared to previous titles.

View attachment 36480

Macross finally reaches the west in the modern age with Macross Plus Ultimate Edition from Anime Limited. While AnimEigo are still cooking their Macross II release and Nozomi/Crunchyroll are in limbo on Macross 7, Macross Frontier and Macross Delta, Anime Limited ended up being the first to get theirs out of the door. It's a very nice release and while the discs are quite hard to remove from their slots, the overall package is great. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.
Are the Macross Plus discs held in with the same memory foam circles as the Evangelion UE or is it something else?

Yet the hubs on those ones were more circular and easier to get the discs out and to put back in. The Macross Plus hubs were more triangular and more difficult to get the discs out of and to put back in (I was scared I was going to break my OVA disc when trying to put it back in).
Have you tried pinching the foam together and then putting the disc on before the foam expands back to its original shape? I recall that being the trick to easily putting the Evangelion discs back in (though, as you say, the foam is a different shape this time).

Have you tried pinching the foam together and then putting the disc on before the foam expands back to its original shape? I recall that being the trick to easily putting the Evangelion discs back in (though, as you say, the foam is a different shape this time).

I really appreciate the helpful tip but it's a bit of a "the things we do for..." moment - at that price the disc hubs should actually be fully functional without tricks! (Speaking as someone who bought and still has the Evangelion UE!) :)

I tried that a few times, to no avail. The edges of the hubs felt almost solid compared to previous releases. Only the top of the hubs felt squidgy.

Back