What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received one "pre-owned" Blu-ray today, another title from my anime buddy over on the blu-ray.com forum:

To Your Eternity

toyoureternity.jpg

Last edited:
2024 HAUL - AUGUST CHAPTER: BATCH #3.1

More packages arrived and because there's a lot I'll be splitting the post into two parts (ideally one would do but XenForo has a 10 upload limit and doesn't support Imgur).

It's another Discotek Media haul and here I shifted towards mostly newer releases to change things up. For some context, I've mainly been going after the older releases because a lot of the discontinued titles came from that timeframe, though annoyingly every time I pick a title from their catalogue, thinking it would be discontinued next, a completely different title goes out of print. How annoying is that?

Anywho enjoy!

Discotek Media Batch 15 - 1.jpg
Discotek_-_Hajime_no_Ippo_Collection_1.jpg

Discotek_-_Hajime_no_Ippo_Collection_2.jpg

Discotek_-_Hajime_no_Ippo_Collection_3.jpg

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting - Collections 1, 2 & 3 [compatible with Panasonic Method]
Adapted by studio Madhouse in 2000-2002 and directed by Satoshi Nishimura. Pretty cool to see Discotek release this classic sports series, granted it's just the first series but a good start at least. This also includes Hajime no Ippo: Champion Road and Hajime no Ippo: Mashiba vs. Kimura from 2003 by the same team. I recall the series has sold out from time to time so I am hoping it performed well enough for Discotek to get their hands on the second series from 2009. Discotek Media released the three Blu-ray collections in January 2021, March 2021 & October 2021 respectively.

Discotek Media Batch 15 - 2.jpg
Discotek_-_Ghost_Stories.jpg

Discotek_-_Hand_Maid_May.jpg

Discotek_-_IGPX_Immortal_Grand_Prix.jpg

Ghost Stories [Region A Locked]
Adapted by studio Pierrot in 2000 and directed by Noriyuki Abe. This is a supernatural horror series where young kids deal with paranormal ghosts and the stories were based on children's novels apparently which is interesting. However, many of you will be more familiar with the English dubbed version that changes it up to a black comedy with a lot of outdated and pretty offensive stuff. I've only seen clips so I know what to expect but I don't think this dub will make it over here due to the jokes. Discotek have released this on DVD in 2014 and if you haven't been following the Discotek thread, the license window is probably close to expiring if we're only getting a Blu-ray now. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in February 2023.

Hand Maid May [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio TNK in 2000 and directed by Shinichiro Kimura. It's not often you have an otaku themed anime these days but there have been a fair amount back in the day and the first time I heard about this particular series was from a Discotek Day event, and surprisingly it's pretty cheap for a 1-cour series. This was previously released on DVD in North America by Geneon Entertainment but Discotek rescued the series for Blu-ray which I have heard the transfer isn't particularly great. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in February 2024.

IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio Production I.G in 2005, co-produced by Cartoon Network & Toonami, and directed by Mitsuru Hongo. This series I've known about for years and it's pretty neat to see Discotek use the AstroRes tech to produce a Blu-ray release. Bandai Entertainment & Beez Entertainment released it first on DVD, before Discotek rescued the license in 2014 for a DVD release.

Now part of the reason why I bought this series much sooner than usual is because of the fact that similar to Ghost Stories, the licensing window is probably close to expiration and the other reason is the whole worry about Warner Bros getting in the way with how they're handling their catalog. May as well grab the series now whilst its still readily available. This release, like the DVD version, includes both the Toonami version for English dubbed fans and the Production I.G. version for subtitled only fans. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in May 2024.

Discotek Media Batch 15 - 3.jpg
Discotek_-_Mononoke.jpg

Discotek_-_Overman_King_Gainer.jpg

Discotek_-_Street_Fighter_II_The_Animated_Movie_4K_Ultra_HD.jpg

Discotek_-_ZX_Ignition.jpg

Mononoke [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio Toei Animation in 2007 and directed by Kenji Nakamura. This horror series is a spin-off to Toei's 2006 series Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Stories and has gathered a cult following of sorts since we now have a new anime film trilogy in the works (with Netflix picking up streaming exclusivity). I've heard over the years that Mononoke is really good but its treatment for home video wasn't ideal given it was handed over to Cinedigm for a basic DVD release (granted Cinedigm would eventually make RetroCrush). Discotek picked it up and discovered an English dub existed which was cool. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in March 2023.

Overman King Gainer [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio Sunrise in 2002 and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino. More science fiction mecha goodness and interestingly this is one of the many Sunrise titles that were licensed by Sentai Filmworks back in 2013 after Bandai closed down, though it was never released until Discotek picked it up (Kurokami The Animation and s-CRY-ed are two shows also part of the deal). You probably recognise that the character designs were done by Kenichi Yoshida of Eureka Seven fame which to me adds a fun vibe to the show. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in December 2023.

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie [4K Ultra HD All-Region]
Adapted by studio Group TAC in 1994 and directed by Gisaburō Sugii. It's Capcom's classic anime film of Street Fighter II now in 4K resolution. Discotek included all versions previously released in their Blu-ray release onto the 4K disc as well as the extras so nothing is lost when carried over. Granted there were some people complaining about the overall presentation of the disc but not too bothered. Discotek Media released the film on 4K Ultra HD in November 2023.

Z/X Ignition [compatible with Panasonic Method]
Animated by studio Telecom Animation Film in 2014 and directed by Yuji Yamaguchi. A rather out of left field pickup but we have a card battle show that was released a decade ago that has always caught my interest with its visual poster and the fact that it eventually received a spin-off series Z/X: Code Reunion that Sentai Filmworks picked up years later. TMS provided Discotek the license in 2015 and then years later decided to upgrade the show onto Blu-ray. I don't expect this to be a popular choice for fans to buy so I figured I'll get it now whilst I've thought of it. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in November 2021.

Discotek Media Batch 15 Collection Update 1.jpg
Discotek Media Batch 15 Collection Update 2.jpg
Discotek Media Batch 15 Collection Update 3.jpg

The Discotek Media collection has now reached three full Billy Bookcase rows of titles, about 166 in total after collecting their titles since April 2022. It's still a long ways to go but with the bimonthly release model they're taking I'm hoping I can catch up a lot faster now.

Row 1:
  1. 07 Ghost
  2. Actually, I am...
  3. Aho-Girl
  4. All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
  5. Angel Cop
  6. Arcadia of My Youth
  7. Arion
  8. As Miss Beelzebub Likes It
  9. Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales
  10. Babel II (OVA)
  11. Barefoot Gen 1 & 2
  12. Battery the Animation
  13. Battle Athletes
  14. Beezlebub
  15. Black Jack the Movie
  16. Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
  17. Blue Seed
  18. BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo
  19. Brave 10
  20. Crusher Joe the Movie
  21. Crusher Joe
  22. Crying Freeman
  23. Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier
  24. Darkstalkers: The Complete OVA Collection
  25. Dear Brother
  26. Demon City Shinjuku
  27. Devilman (1987-1990 OVAs)
  28. Devilman Lady
  29. Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
  30. EAT-MAN & EAT-MAN '98
  31. Elemental Gelade
  32. Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
  33. Fatal Fury: The OVA Collection
  34. Fist of the North Star
  35. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
  36. Galaxy Express 999 Collection 1
  37. Galaxy Express 999 Collection 2
  38. Galaxy Express 999 Collection 3
  39. Galaxy Express 999 the Movie
  40. Adieu Galaxy Express 999 the Movie
  41. Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy
  42. Genocyber
  43. Getter Robo Armageddon
  44. Ghost Stories
  45. Girly Air Force
  46. Goku: Midnight Eye
  47. Golgo 13: The Professional
  48. GoShogun
  49. GoShogun: The Time Etranger
  50. The Great Passage
  51. Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 1
  52. Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 2
  53. Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 3
  54. Hanasakeru Seishonen
  55. Hand Maid May
  56. Haruka Nogizaka's Secret
Row 2:
  1. Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza
  2. Hells
  3. Hi-SCool! Seha Girls
  4. Holmes of Kyoto
  5. Honey and Clover
  6. Honey and Clover II
  7. IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix
  8. Inukami!
  9. Isuca
  10. Kamen no Maid Guy
  11. Kimagure Orange Road Collection 1
  12. Kimagure Orange Road Collection 2
  13. The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar
  14. The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar Final
  15. Kiss x Sis: The OVA Series
  16. Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 1
  17. Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 2
  18. Kyo Kara Maoh! R
  19. Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 3
  20. Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 1
  21. Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 2
  22. The Law of Ueki
  23. The Legend of Black Heaven
  24. Library War
  25. Lupin the Third: The Mystery of Mamo
  26. Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon
  27. Lupin the Third TV Special #1: Bye Bye Lady Liberty
  28. Lupin the Third TV Special #5: Voyage to Danger
  29. Lupin the Third TV Special #6: Dragon of Doom
  30. Lupin the Third TV Special #7: The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure
  31. Lupin the Third TV Special #8: The Secret of Twilight Gemini
  32. Lupin the Third TV Special #9: Island of Assassins
  33. Lupin the Third TV Special #10: Tokyo Crisis
  34. Lupin the Third TV Special #11: The Columbus Files
  35. Lupin the Third TV Special #12: Missed By a Dollar
  36. Lupin the Third TV OVA #1: Return of Pycal
  37. Lupin the Third TV Special #19: The Elusiveness of the Fog
  38. Lupin the Third TV Special #21: The Last Job
  39. Lupin the Third TV Special #22: Blood Seal of the Eternal Mermaid
  40. Lupin the Third TV Special #26: Goodbye Partner
  41. Machine Robo: Battle Hackers
  42. Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
  43. Magical Girl Ore
  44. Marmalade Boy
  45. Mazinger Z: The Impact!
  46. Memories
  47. Miss Machiko
  48. Mononoke
  49. Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
  50. Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood
  51. Nagasarete Airanto
  52. New Cutey Honey
  53. New Getter Robo
  54. NG Knight Lamune & 40
  55. Ninja Robots Tobikage
  56. Nutcracker Fantasy
Row 3:
  1. Overman King Gainer
  2. Planet With
  3. The Princess and the Pilot
  4. Re:Cutie Honey
  5. Reborn! Collection 1
  6. Reborn! Collection 2
  7. s-CRY-ed
  8. Saint Seiya Movie Collection
  9. School Days
  10. She and Her Cat -Everything Flows-
  11. Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
  12. Shin Tetsujin 28
  13. Sister Princess
  14. Sister Princess Re Pure
  15. Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
  16. Sorcerer Hunters
  17. Space Adventure Cobra
  18. Space Warrior Baldios
  19. Space Warrior Baldios the Movie
  20. Star Ocean EX
  21. Stellvia
  22. Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
  23. Submarine Super 99
  24. Super Dimension Century Orguss
  25. Tales of Phantasia the Animation
  26. Tales of Symphonia the Animation
  27. Tekkaman Blade II
  28. Tenjho Tenge
  29. Tetsujin 28
  30. Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday
  31. To Be Hero & To Be Heroine
  32. Tokyo Underground
  33. Tomorrow's Joe the Movie
  34. Tomorrow's Joe 2 the Movie
  35. True Tears
  36. The Twelve Kingdoms
  37. Urusei Yatsura: Only You
  38. Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer
  39. Urusei Yatsura: Remember My Love
  40. Urusei Yatsura: Lum the Forever
  41. Violence Jack
  42. VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire
  43. Wicked City
  44. Yowamushi Pedal
  45. Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road
  46. Yowamushi Pedal Re:RIDE & Re:ROAD
  47. Yowamushi Pedal the Movie
  48. Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
  49. Zatch Bell: 101st Devil & Attack of Mechavulcan
  50. Z/X Ignition
  51. Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro [4K Ultra HD]
  52. Robot Carnival [4K Ultra HD]
  53. Space Adventure Cobra the Movie [4K Ultra HD]
  54. Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie [4K Ultra HD]
  55. Another [Nihon Nights]
  56. Suicide Club [Nihon Nights]
  57. Uzumaki [Nihon Nights]

Crunchyroll Hime Nendo 1.jpg
Crunchyroll Hime Nendo 2.jpg
Crunchyroll Hime Nendo 3.jpg

Since I ordered the Discotek Media titles during a Crunchyroll sale (even though they weren't part of it), Crunchyroll Store decided to add in a free Crunchyroll Hime Nendoroid figure to the mix which worried me because how was I going to get this through customs? Thankfully the package survived and here we are. This is my second Nendo after receiving a Robotics;Notes one for free when I won the game from Numskull Games a few years back.

2024 HAUL - AUGUST CHAPTER: BATCH #3.2

Next we have our Anime Limited Summer Sale haul which was an opportunity for me to pick up a couple collector's editions that I passed on during their early bird phase throughout last year. All of them thankfully were in the sale. While they're on the same price range as the Xmas sale, I didn't want to spend too much during that time of year so I got them now.

bafkreidoyqzz4pthw3hyrmazqfm6gncxamsygzq2mbwflvfiyna2mxmxjq@jpeg

bafkreiaombjeqb5ilnfoqtzp2sdgjvolg5s72dmsykqifg5lpey64ciw5m@jpeg

Deiji Meets Girl - 08.jpg
Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - 08.jpg
Eternal 831 - 08.jpg
Harmonie - 08.jpg
Over the Sky - 08.jpg
ReCycle of the Penguindrum - 08.jpg

The titles I picked up are "Deiji" Meets Girl, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, Eternal 831, Harmonie, Over the Sky and Re:cycle of the Penguindrum. All of them are collector's edition Blu-ray releases (some are combo packs).

Arriving the next day, we have a few new titles from distributor 88 Films. These are Hong Kong films that were released late last month or planned to be released end of this month.

An Autumn's Tale - 04.jpg
Immortal Story - 04.jpg

Starting off with two films that came out late July and these received some interesting design choices for their home video release - Mabel Cheung's 1987 film An Autumn's Tale (秋天的童話) on Blu-ray and Yonfan's 1986 film Immortal Story (海上花) on Blu-ray. No clue what was going on behind the scenes but we have a clear slipcover and one title is just barebones on physical content, how strange.

The Bodyguard from Beijing - 04.jpg
Island of Fire - 04.jpg

Then we have the films which were released late this month. The first is Corey Yuen's 1994 film The Bodyguard from Beijing (中南海保鑣) on 4K Ultra HD, this is the second Jet Li film to receive the treatment and another one where the English dub is not included presumably due to licensing issues. We also have Kevin Chu's 1990 film Island of Fire (火燒島) which is presented with a rigid case. The film stars Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung and also Andy Lau from Infernal Affairs.

The_Skyhawk_-_04.jpg

Then arriving yesterday is Jeong Chang-Hwa's 1974 film The Skyhawk (黃飛鴻少林拳). I had been meaning to pick this one up for a while to secure the first print edition slipcase & booklet to match the others in the collection. It went on sale recently so that was my opportunity to finally get my hands on the film.

Last edited:
2024 HAUL - AUGUST CHAPTER: BATCH #3.1

More packages arrived and because there's a lot I'll be splitting the post into two parts (ideally one would do but XenForo has a 10 upload limit and doesn't support Imgur).

It's another Discotek Media haul and here I shifted towards mostly newer releases to change things up. For some context, I've mainly been going after the older releases because a lot of the discontinued titles came from that timeframe, though annoyingly every time I pick a title from their catalogue, thinking it would be discontinued next, a completely different title goes out of print. How annoying is that?

Anywho enjoy!

View attachment 35655
Discotek_-_Hajime_no_Ippo_Collection_1.jpg

Discotek_-_Hajime_no_Ippo_Collection_2.jpg

Discotek_-_Hajime_no_Ippo_Collection_3.jpg

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting - Collections 1, 2 & 3 [compatible with Panasonic Method]
Adapted by studio Madhouse in 2000-2002 and directed by Satoshi Nishimura. Pretty cool to see Discotek release this classic sports series, granted it's just the first series but a good start at least. This also includes Hajime no Ippo: Champion Road and Hajime no Ippo: Mashiba vs. Kimura from 2003 by the same team. I recall the series has sold out from time to time so I am hoping it performed well enough for Discotek to get their hands on the second series from 2009. Discotek Media released the three Blu-ray collections in January 2021, March 2021 & October 2021 respectively.

View attachment 35656
Discotek_-_Ghost_Stories.jpg

Discotek_-_Hand_Maid_May.jpg

Discotek_-_IGPX_Immortal_Grand_Prix.jpg

Ghost Stories [Region A Locked]
Adapted by studio Pierrot in 2000 and directed by Noriyuki Abe. This is a supernatural horror series where young kids deal with paranormal ghosts and the stories were based on children's novels apparently which is interesting. However, many of you will be more familiar with the English dubbed version that changes it up to a black comedy with a lot of outdated and pretty offensive stuff. I've only seen clips so I know what to expect but I don't think this dub will make it over here due to the jokes. Discotek have released this on DVD in 2014 and if you haven't been following the Discotek thread, the license window is probably close to expiring if we're only getting a Blu-ray now. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in February 2023.

Hand Maid May [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio TNK in 2000 and directed by Shinichiro Kimura. It's not often you have an otaku themed anime these days but there have been a fair amount back in the day and the first time I heard about this particular series was from a Discotek Day event, and surprisingly it's pretty cheap for a 1-cour series. This was previously released on DVD in North America by Geneon Entertainment but Discotek rescued the series for Blu-ray which I have heard the transfer isn't particularly great. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in February 2024.

IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio Production I.G in 2005, co-produced by Cartoon Network & Toonami, and directed by Mitsuru Hongo. This series I've known about for years and it's pretty neat to see Discotek use the AstroRes tech to produce a Blu-ray release. Bandai Entertainment & Beez Entertainment released it first on DVD, before Discotek rescued the license in 2014 for a DVD release.

Now part of the reason why I bought this series much sooner than usual is because of the fact that similar to Ghost Stories, the licensing window is probably close to expiration and the other reason is the whole worry about Warner Bros getting in the way with how they're handling their catalog. May as well grab the series now whilst its still readily available. This release, like the DVD version, includes both the Toonami version for English dubbed fans and the Production I.G. version for subtitled only fans. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in May 2024.

View attachment 35657
Discotek_-_Mononoke.jpg

Discotek_-_Overman_King_Gainer.jpg

Discotek_-_Street_Fighter_II_The_Animated_Movie_4K_Ultra_HD.jpg

Discotek_-_ZX_Ignition.jpg

Mononoke [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio Toei Animation in 2007 and directed by Kenji Nakamura. This horror series is a spin-off to Toei's 2006 series Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Stories and has gathered a cult following of sorts since we now have a new anime film trilogy in the works (with Netflix picking up streaming exclusivity). I've heard over the years that Mononoke is really good but its treatment for home video wasn't ideal given it was handed over to Cinedigm for a basic DVD release (granted Cinedigm would eventually make RetroCrush). Discotek picked it up and discovered an English dub existed which was cool. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in March 2023.

Overman King Gainer [Region A Locked]
Animated by studio Sunrise in 2002 and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino. More science fiction mecha goodness and interestingly this is one of the many Sunrise titles that were licensed by Sentai Filmworks back in 2013 after Bandai closed down, though it was never released until Discotek picked it up (Kurokami The Animation and s-CRY-ed are two shows also part of the deal). You probably recognise that the character designs were done by Kenichi Yoshida of Eureka Seven fame which to me adds a fun vibe to the show. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in December 2023.

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie [4K Ultra HD All-Region]
Adapted by studio Group TAC in 1994 and directed by Gisaburō Sugii. It's Capcom's classic anime film of Street Fighter II now in 4K resolution. Discotek included all versions previously released in their Blu-ray release onto the 4K disc as well as the extras so nothing is lost when carried over. Granted there were some people complaining about the overall presentation of the disc but not too bothered. Discotek Media released the film on 4K Ultra HD in November 2023.

Z/X Ignition [compatible with Panasonic Method]
Animated by studio Telecom Animation Film in 2014 and directed by Yuji Yamaguchi. A rather out of left field pickup but we have a card battle show that was released a decade ago that has always caught my interest with its visual poster and the fact that it eventually received a spin-off series Z/X: Code Reunion that Sentai Filmworks picked up years later. TMS provided Discotek the license in 2015 and then years later decided to upgrade the show onto Blu-ray. I don't expect this to be a popular choice for fans to buy so I figured I'll get it now whilst I've thought of it. Discotek Media released the complete series on Blu-ray in November 2021.

View attachment 35658
View attachment 35659
View attachment 35660

The Discotek Media collection has now reached three full Billy Bookcase rows of titles, about 166 in total after collecting their titles since April 2022. It's still a long ways to go but with the bimonthly release model they're taking I'm hoping I can catch up a lot faster now.

Row 1:
  1. 07 Ghost
  2. Actually, I am...
  3. Aho-Girl
  4. All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
  5. Angel Cop
  6. Arcadia of My Youth
  7. Arion
  8. As Miss Beelzebub Likes It
  9. Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales
  10. Babel II (OVA)
  11. Barefoot Gen 1 & 2
  12. Battery the Animation
  13. Battle Athletes
  14. Beezlebub
  15. Black Jack the Movie
  16. Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
  17. Blue Seed
  18. BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo
  19. Brave 10
  20. Crusher Joe the Movie
  21. Crusher Joe
  22. Crying Freeman
  23. Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier
  24. Darkstalkers: The Complete OVA Collection
  25. Dear Brother
  26. Demon City Shinjuku
  27. Devilman (1987-1990 OVAs)
  28. Devilman Lady
  29. Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
  30. EAT-MAN & EAT-MAN '98
  31. Elemental Gelade
  32. Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
  33. Fatal Fury: The OVA Collection
  34. Fist of the North Star
  35. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
  36. Galaxy Express 999 Collection 1
  37. Galaxy Express 999 Collection 2
  38. Galaxy Express 999 Collection 3
  39. Galaxy Express 999 the Movie
  40. Adieu Galaxy Express 999 the Movie
  41. Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy
  42. Genocyber
  43. Getter Robo Armageddon
  44. Ghost Stories
  45. Girly Air Force
  46. Goku: Midnight Eye
  47. Golgo 13: The Professional
  48. GoShogun
  49. GoShogun: The Time Etranger
  50. The Great Passage
  51. Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 1
  52. Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 2
  53. Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! Collection 3
  54. Hanasakeru Seishonen
  55. Hand Maid May
  56. Haruka Nogizaka's Secret
Row 2:
  1. Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza
  2. Hells
  3. Hi-SCool! Seha Girls
  4. Holmes of Kyoto
  5. Honey and Clover
  6. Honey and Clover II
  7. IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix
  8. Inukami!
  9. Isuca
  10. Kamen no Maid Guy
  11. Kimagure Orange Road Collection 1
  12. Kimagure Orange Road Collection 2
  13. The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar
  14. The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar Final
  15. Kiss x Sis: The OVA Series
  16. Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 1
  17. Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 2
  18. Kyo Kara Maoh! R
  19. Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 3
  20. Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 1
  21. Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 2
  22. The Law of Ueki
  23. The Legend of Black Heaven
  24. Library War
  25. Lupin the Third: The Mystery of Mamo
  26. Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon
  27. Lupin the Third TV Special #1: Bye Bye Lady Liberty
  28. Lupin the Third TV Special #5: Voyage to Danger
  29. Lupin the Third TV Special #6: Dragon of Doom
  30. Lupin the Third TV Special #7: The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure
  31. Lupin the Third TV Special #8: The Secret of Twilight Gemini
  32. Lupin the Third TV Special #9: Island of Assassins
  33. Lupin the Third TV Special #10: Tokyo Crisis
  34. Lupin the Third TV Special #11: The Columbus Files
  35. Lupin the Third TV Special #12: Missed By a Dollar
  36. Lupin the Third TV OVA #1: Return of Pycal
  37. Lupin the Third TV Special #19: The Elusiveness of the Fog
  38. Lupin the Third TV Special #21: The Last Job
  39. Lupin the Third TV Special #22: Blood Seal of the Eternal Mermaid
  40. Lupin the Third TV Special #26: Goodbye Partner
  41. Machine Robo: Battle Hackers
  42. Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
  43. Magical Girl Ore
  44. Marmalade Boy
  45. Mazinger Z: The Impact!
  46. Memories
  47. Miss Machiko
  48. Mononoke
  49. Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
  50. Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood
  51. Nagasarete Airanto
  52. New Cutey Honey
  53. New Getter Robo
  54. NG Knight Lamune & 40
  55. Ninja Robots Tobikage
  56. Nutcracker Fantasy
Row 3:
  1. Overman King Gainer
  2. Planet With
  3. The Princess and the Pilot
  4. Re:Cutie Honey
  5. Reborn! Collection 1
  6. Reborn! Collection 2
  7. s-CRY-ed
  8. Saint Seiya Movie Collection
  9. School Days
  10. She and Her Cat -Everything Flows-
  11. Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
  12. Shin Tetsujin 28
  13. Sister Princess
  14. Sister Princess Re Pure
  15. Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
  16. Sorcerer Hunters
  17. Space Adventure Cobra
  18. Space Warrior Baldios
  19. Space Warrior Baldios the Movie
  20. Star Ocean EX
  21. Stellvia
  22. Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
  23. Submarine Super 99
  24. Super Dimension Century Orguss
  25. Tales of Phantasia the Animation
  26. Tales of Symphonia the Animation
  27. Tekkaman Blade II
  28. Tenjho Tenge
  29. Tetsujin 28
  30. Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday
  31. To Be Hero & To Be Heroine
  32. Tokyo Underground
  33. Tomorrow's Joe the Movie
  34. Tomorrow's Joe 2 the Movie
  35. True Tears
  36. The Twelve Kingdoms
  37. Urusei Yatsura: Only You
  38. Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer
  39. Urusei Yatsura: Remember My Love
  40. Urusei Yatsura: Lum the Forever
  41. Violence Jack
  42. VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire
  43. Wicked City
  44. Yowamushi Pedal
  45. Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road
  46. Yowamushi Pedal Re:RIDE & Re:ROAD
  47. Yowamushi Pedal the Movie
  48. Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
  49. Zatch Bell: 101st Devil & Attack of Mechavulcan
  50. Z/X Ignition
  51. Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro [4K Ultra HD]
  52. Robot Carnival [4K Ultra HD]
  53. Space Adventure Cobra the Movie [4K Ultra HD]
  54. Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie [4K Ultra HD]
  55. Another [Nihon Nights]
  56. Suicide Club [Nihon Nights]
  57. Uzumaki [Nihon Nights]

View attachment 35661

Since I ordered the Discotek Media titles during a Crunchyroll sale (even though they weren't part of it), Crunchyroll Store decided to add in a free Crunchyroll Hime Nendoroid figure to the mix which worried me because how was I going to get this through customs? Thankfully the package survived and here we are. This is my second Nendo after receiving a Robotics;Notes one for free when I won the game from Numskull Games a few years back.
Completely forgot Ghost Stories had gotten a blu ray!
First I heard was when someone posted 'the warning!' That plays at the beginning of the disc.
How is the upgrade from DVD?
Is anyone brave enough to release it here?
Screenshot_20240826_020228_Reddit.jpg

Today I received one more title from my May 2024 Crunchyroll US pre-order:

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 1

ambs2p1.jpg

I have one more pre-order title remaining to ship from this May order, sometime this week since it's in stock now - Berserk The Golden Age Arc Memorial Edition Blu-ray.

A couple of things today.

First off is a belated B-Day present from a friend which is this lovely Hatsune Miku figure which I'm real pleased with 😊

I rarely get figures so always nice when I get one... would love to get more though, I just don't have the space really.

Secondly is that I finally tracked down the chipboard art box set for Genshiken 2 for a reasonable price and this copy was sealed and came with a t-shirt (not pictured) which I haven't opened yet.

I'm still yet to see and own Genshiken: Second Generation but I'm glad I own all of Genshiken which I watched during the first first few years I got into anime and all in art box form... unfortunately Second Generation is definitely the most pricey of the series so hoping I'll eventually find it for a good price.

Genshiken 2 (DVD)

1000001753.jpg

Closer look at Miku.

1000001752.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_9754.jpeg
A selection of Discotek Media and Nozomi Entertainment titles arrived today from the CR store via Stackry. I tested out the cheaper FEDEX shipping option and it still arrived pretty quickly. Most of these are titles that have either gone OOP or are likely to soon whilst SFIITAM and UY OVAs were add-ons.

IMG_20240828_113918.jpg
The first two seasons of Chihayafuru were released in 2017 and 2018 respectively, so they were setting off my impending OOP alarm.

I saw some of the Monster High reboot on Netflix and was surprised at how good it is. Got to love a show that uses a Wilhelm Scream as the school bell. The US release is DVD-only, presumably because Nickelodeon assume young girls don't care about picture quality. But what about middle-aged weirdos like me?! They've crammed 26 episodes onto 3 DVDs, so I hope they had someone world-class doing the encoding.

View attachment 35690
The first two seasons of Chihayafuru were released in 2017 and 2018 respectively, so they were setting off my impending OOP alarm.

I saw some of the Monster High reboot on Netflix and was surprised at how good it is. Got to love a show that uses a Wilhelm Scream as the school bell. The US release is DVD-only, presumably because Nickelodeon assume young girls don't care about picture quality. But what about middle-aged weirdos like me?! They've crammed 26 episodes onto 3 DVDs, so I hope they had someone world-class doing the encoding.

Thanks for the tip regarding Monster High, might check that one out then :)

I went shopping in Devon where I'm staying with my mum and got her a lovely storage jar plus I bought myself some iron on patches for attaching to clothes, and from charity shops a book containing some of Oscar Wilde's Fairy Tales with illustrations by PJ Lynch (I loved their illustrations for A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, which I also own in hardcover) and a lovely winter scarf. I bought Ran and the Gray World off Ebay a few days before I travelled to my mum's and had it sent to her so I'd have smth to read on my holiday and so it wouldn't get left in the hallway and nicked while I was away if delivery was slow :)

Attachments

• Butterflies and Flowers Storage Jar.jpg
    Butterflies and Flowers Storage Jar.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Me In My Cute New Velvet Scarf 1.jpg
    Me In My Cute New Velvet Scarf 1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Oscar Wilde Stories for Children PJ Lynch.jpg
    Oscar Wilde Stories for Children PJ Lynch.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Iron On Clothing Patches.jpg
    Iron On Clothing Patches.jpg